Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2011, 07:46 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,226,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lucy- View Post
I don't understand why atheist pays thousands of dollars to put up non-sense billboards when they could feed the poor or help out someone/something, like many churches do for the money.

Do you believe that atheists spend more money on billboards than religionists do? If so, on what evidence do you base your conclusion?

Old 12-12-2011, 07:50 AM

87 posts, read 120,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
[/b]

Do you believe that atheists spend more money on billboards than religionists do? If so, on what evidence do you base your conclusion?
Oh yeah, just go to Lincoln Tunnel in NJ side and see how much money they spend on that non-sense billboard. That's only one of the billboards.

I'm not saying few churches spend that too on billboards, but at least they also help the poor and have the money for both. Atheist spend money on billboards and don't care about anything else other than spreading anti-religion (always anti-Christianity/Christmas)

Old 12-12-2011, 07:51 AM

1,006 posts, read 740,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Kind of like the OKC, Atlanta Olympic and various abortion clinic bombings should have made us wake up to the dangers that Christianity invokes, right?
You would think so, don't forget to add the Waco incident. I'm not playing sides as I lament the religious equally.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:54 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,848,218 times
Quote:
Oh yeah, just go to Lincoln Tunnel in NJ side and see how much money they spend on that non-sense billboard. That's only one of the billboards.

I'm not saying few churches spend that too on billboards, but at least they also help the poor and have the money for both. Atheist spend money on billboards and don't care about anything else other than spreading anti-religion (always anti-Christianity/Christmas)

Wow!! I remember that on the back of my phone book in Toronto. Was it? "Are you a victim?" "loser or something..." "need a law office?"

Old 12-12-2011, 07:55 AM

1,006 posts, read 740,036 times
Quote:

Yet many of the worlds largest Philanthropist are atheist, and are not engaging in Philanthropy with the underlying agenda of proselytizing. They are individuals inclined to give on their own accord.

Last edited by ayahuasca_mike; 12-12-2011 at 08:47 AM..

Old 12-12-2011, 07:56 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,711,990 times
Quote:
I don't understand why atheist pays thousands of dollars to put up non-sense billboards when they could feed the poor or help out someone/something, like many churches do for the money.
Because churches never put up billboards, amiright? RIGHT? Let me challenge you with this: go to your church's accountant, and look at the financial records for your church. Compare the amount of the church's income with the amount that actually ends up going to help people and I'm betting it's in the low single-digits, and probably less than 5% of the church's income.

Quote:
What do atheist do to help people in need? NOTHING.
Lie.
You certainly haven't tried to find out if we've ever helped anyone. If you had, you'd have found reams of evidence that atheists are among the most generous philanthropists in the country. In fact, the online atheist community over on reddit is the largest online contributing community this year for Doctors Without Borders, utterly smashing their religious counterparts.

Irreverent atheists crowdsource charitable giving | Reuters

Quote:
Jesus Christ is such a wonderful person who helped the poor and everyone. I don't think there's a person like Jesus in history, and there isn't.
You're right, there isn't a person like Jesus in history -- not even Jesus himself.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:00 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,044,585 times
GldnRule you're a riot. I bet there are way less people who have your specific theistic beliefs in the world than there are atheists. Why don't you "get hip to that"?

Old 12-12-2011, 10:37 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,260,312 times
Quote:
What do atheist do to help people in need? NOTHING. Just cause problems and target religions, because they don't have faith and nothing else to do until one day they realize what mistakes they have made in their life and will meet their creator.

Jesus said: But I say to you, love your enemies and bless the one who curses you, and do what is beautiful to the one who hates you, and pray over those who take you by force and persecute you.

Jesus Christ is such a wonderful person who helped the poor and everyone. I don't think there's a person like Jesus in history, and there isn't.
In one of your own posts - didn't you say that you weren't a Christian? I'm so confused!

Is there some reason that you harbor all this ill-will and anger towards atheists? You do realize that atheists are just human beings - right? Atheists come in all shapes and sizes, all personalities, etc. - right? Did you have a bad experience with a particular atheist and so are now hell bent on proving all atheists to be bad, evil people? Because your posts are rather shocking.

There are far, far more Christian Billboards than atheist billboards. Some people are good people and some aren't - this has nothing to do with religion. There are bad Christians and there are good atheists. I donate to charity and sometimes give food and such directly to the needy. I had some homeless friends that I would help out from time to time when I lived in NYC.

Why the personal vendetta against atheists? Why do you keep making things up? Or do you honestly believe what you say in your posts? Do you want to talk about it? Carrying around hatred and anger isn't good for you.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:35 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,711,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
In one of your own posts - didn't you say that you weren't a Christian? I'm so confused!

Is there some reason that you harbor all this ill-will and anger towards atheists? You do realize that atheists are just human beings - right? Atheists come in all shapes and sizes, all personalities, etc. - right? Did you have a bad experience with a particular atheist and so are now hell bent on proving all atheists to be bad, evil people? Because your posts are rather shocking.

There are far, far more Christian Billboards than atheist billboards. Some people are good people and some aren't - this has nothing to do with religion. There are bad Christians and there are good atheists. I donate to charity and sometimes give food and such directly to the needy. I had some homeless friends that I would help out from time to time when I lived in NYC.

Why the personal vendetta against atheists? Why do you keep making things up? Or do you honestly believe what you say in your posts? Do you want to talk about it? Carrying around hatred and anger isn't good for you.
Honestly, I think Lucy is just someone trolling for attention, however he or she can get it.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:32 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,260,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Honestly, I think Lucy is just someone trolling for attention, however he or she can get it.
I think I'm coming to that conclusion myself...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality