Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 11:17 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times

Advertisements

Death for most people is a long slow process of life. We all have begun dieing the moment we were conceived. It is a process. In a natural death the process begins accelerating in the few days before it completes. The body does not die all at one time. Systems begin shutting down. Each of us will experience these last shutting downs. Some with fear, sadness, concern and fight it. Others will find it to be pleasant very relaxing and a joy.

The differences will depend upon what we believe death to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 01:06 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,075 times
Having never died myself I can only relate what I have seen.

When my mother was dying, she was afraid of what she was seeing (not surprised) and it wasn't nice. She was also appealing for help from my grandparents and my father.

When my BIL died, it was peaceful. He verbally greeted departed friends and family then closed his eyes and slipped away.

I suppose a lot has to do with how you lived your life and what type of person you were. Suffices to say, every death experience is unique to the person experiencing it.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:50 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
If you would like to more about death, and what it is like, I would suggest you buy "The Spirits" Book" by Alan Kadec.
According to the biography of the author, spirits guided the writing of this book.
Very good reading.
Bob.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:13 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,444,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
If you would like to more about death, and what it is like, I would suggest you buy "The Spirits" Book" by Alan Kadec.
According to the biography of the author, spirits guided the writing of this book.
Very good reading.
Bob.
Spirits always guide my writing too, just for the record.

Blip.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:11 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manss View Post
Death is the greatest mystery after mystery of gods existence Atheists suppose it very simple while it is not so. when a human is dieing what he/she will see and feel .have you any opinion about or do you guess anything ?
I don't think I can predict what I'll see and feel as I'm dying because I don't know which mechanisms will kick in, or which will already have been in place. For instance, if I'm in a coma and not conscious of anything then that could stay in place and I would remain unconscious the entire time, in which case I won't have felt anything.

If I'm conscious just before dying, I might see the light and all that...chemical responses...very easy to see that possibly happening.

Another thing I might be feeling is extreme pain, but I hope not!

The thought of being dead is about a thousand times less scary than the thought of the dying process.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:39 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
One thing we can all be assured of, for each of us, our death will be the very last experience we ever have. I hope mine sneaks up on me in the night.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:59 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,890,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
Pain pain pain (hopefully controlled by adequate medication) followed by lights out is my take on it. Some deaths have been a surprise and very peaceful, others have been a long and sad fight.

According to some research performed a few years back, sight is the last thing to go when you die. Hearing is the first.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:51 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
An oldie but a goodie! I thank you for reminding me of it.

No one can predict what his own death will be like. As the singer Kenny Rogers related, dying in one's sleep seems to be the best option.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:18 AM

285 posts, read 297,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't think I can predict what I'll see and feel as I'm dying because I don't know which mechanisms will kick in, or which will already have been in place. For instance, if I'm in a coma and not conscious of anything then that could stay in place and I would remain unconscious the entire time, in which case I won't have felt anything.

If I'm conscious just before dying, I might see the light and all that...chemical responses...very easy to see that possibly happening.

Another thing I might be feeling is extreme pain, but I hope not!

The thought of being dead is about a thousand times less scary than the thought of the dying process.
Hi JerZ

Right, I am a questioner only and myself haven't any experience about, also you do know I scare of death too because it is an unknown event wholly but what frightened me is not only death itself but I scare more from gods justice and judgement about my fault in this world in doomsday. I ask myself what I have done which god become happy of my actions. if he is angry of me what do I do (I know god is so merciful but is very hard and sever too while his mercifully is further than his anger ) so what I needy to that is good doing in this "examine place" (this world) and I have to avoid of sins and evilly actions, may god become happy of me. therefore I try informed others about this danger ( gods anger ) and help. Anyhow, I never wish death for people and my question was only a question and I hope all people among me be healthy and all guided to light and heaven. May I explain some events about dying and after death in other comment in this post.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:03 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,731,182 times
Lightbulb The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche

The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying ...by Sogyal Rinpoche

This acclaimed spiritual masterpiece is widely regarded as one of the most complete and authoritative presentations of the Tibetan Buddhist teachings ever written. A manual for life and death and a magnificent source of sacred inspiration from the heart of the Tibetan tradition, The Tibetan Book Of Living and Dying provides a lucid and inspiring introduction to the practice of meditation, to the nature of mind, to karma and rebirth, to compassionate love and care for the dying, and to the trials and rewards of the spiritual path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality