Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2012, 06:29 PM

322 posts, read 317,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Have no fear, we are getting there slowly, but surely. Most nations now have secular governments.
i like your status lol.. be yourself .. cute.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:29 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,604,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Have no fear, we are getting there slowly, but surely. Most nations now have secular governments.

And most religions accept secular government.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:47 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,241,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why are atheists so very angry? So you don't believe in God...OK, that is your right. But seriously, why all of the anger? It really does not make atheism look all that enticing; it makes atheists seem snarky, bitter, conscending and defensive.
At least atheists aren't pious hypocrites.

Not angry...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
In a world populated solely by atheists, who would they have to ridicule?
Mr. Hanky?

Ridiculing...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Well yes. I could have given a whole lot longer list, but the point was made. The notion that religion or religious people have done nothing good for this world is simply gross criticism and deliberant ignoring of the facts in reality!
Quote:
Religion and Religious people started these venues;
Those venues are not necessary for the world to function. And really, Wal-Mart and Tyson?

Oh, yeah, I really enjoy my steroid-hormone-antibiotic-genetically-modified-franken-food chicken that went from egg to table in 4 months and tastes like a wet paper towel.

What teeny tiny bit of good that might have ever been done amounts to a mere speck of dust in an infinite universe, and in no way makes up for the centuries of horrors that were perpetrated upon people.

And what is yet to come?

Critically...

Mircea

Old 02-07-2012, 07:05 PM

511 posts, read 493,202 times
Quote:
Well I think in such a world, Science would certainly be elevated because most Atheist I have met are concerned about the propagation of backwards, anti-scientific thought and outdated morality based on fictitious characthers from the iron age. I think an Atheisitic age would be a purely scientific age where technology would influence nearly everything. I think the space industry would be totally revamped and have a far more greater role than it has now.

I defintely think an Atheistic age would be a space age like earth has never focused on before.
Oooooooweeeeeee!!!!!!
That sounds like a blast. Who says atheists aren't fun to be around???
Poetry, music, literature, love, friendship...all such a waste of time.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
At least atheists aren't pious hypocrites.

Those venues are not necessary for the world to function. And really, Wal-Mart and Tyson?

Mircea

I like Walmart, and I like Tysons chicken. And they have been necessary for me.

I got to have me some chicken man!

Last edited by Mickiel; 02-07-2012 at 07:35 PM..

Old 02-07-2012, 08:52 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,256,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem125 View Post
Oooooooweeeeeee!!!!!!
That sounds like a blast. Who says atheists aren't fun to be around???
Poetry, music, literature, love, friendship...all such a waste of time.
That's right, because atheists cannot possibly enjoy any of these things. Can you imagine being an atheist? You would never have any friends, you wouldn't love anybody, you wouldn't listen to music and you certainly wouldn't read poetry or literature (except for On the Origin of Species). What a horrible life, I feel sorry for them

Old 02-07-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
That's right, because atheists cannot possibly enjoy any of these things. Can you imagine being an atheist? You would never have any friends, you wouldn't love anybody, you wouldn't listen to music and you certainly wouldn't read poetry or literature (except for On the Origin of Species). What a horrible life, I feel sorry for them

I certainly would like to hear you explain why Atheist cannot possibly enjoy those things; I hope your just kidding.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:11 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,565,834 times
A much more peaceful planet!

Imagine by John Lennon:
"Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today"

Old 02-07-2012, 09:15 PM

511 posts, read 493,202 times
Quote:
I certainly would like to hear you explain why Atheist cannot possibly enjoy those things; I hope your just kidding.
"I think an Atheisitic age would be a purely scientific age where technology would influence nearly everything."

The above is your quote...seems a pretty self explanatory description of the little atheist utopia of the future. But I admit...my simple mind most likely missed the subtle nuance of your post. I humbly apologize.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:41 PM

58 posts, read 135,505 times
Hell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.