Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2012, 09:57 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,251,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I certainly would like to hear you explain why Atheist cannot possibly enjoy those things; I hope your just kidding.
Don't you know that atheists are cold and immoral people who kick puppies and hate babies? You need to spend a bit more time on these boards, you might learn something from your fellow Christians!

Old 02-07-2012, 10:09 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,540,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Don't you know that atheists are cold and immoral people who kick puppies and hate babies? You need to spend a bit more time on these boards, you might learn something from your fellow Christians!
Lol wow!
Can we just keep this site professional and have a civil debate?
We are all very much alike. And just because you may know one mean atheist that was mean to you doesn't mean we're all like that. Knowing I am a atheist these christans would go to my house and give me lectures and were very annoying, but I don't think ALL christans are annoying

Old 02-07-2012, 10:33 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,251,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
Lol wow!
Can we just keep this site professional and have a civil debate?
We are all very much alike. And just because you may know one mean atheist that was mean to you doesn't mean we're all like that. Knowing I am a atheist these christans would go to my house and give me lectures and were very annoying, but I don't think ALL christans are annoying
For the record, I was being sarcastic. I thought it was kinda obvious but with the crazy beliefs some people hold, I guess you never know

Old 02-07-2012, 10:43 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,540,799 times
Quote:
For the record, I was being sarcastic. I thought it was kinda obvious but with the crazy beliefs some people hold, I guess you never know
Well thanks for clearing that up, I'm not the greatest to sense sarcasm, epically over the Internet

Old 02-08-2012, 02:17 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,599,535 times
Quote:

I am not Christian, but I do learn things from some of them. I think some Christians are sharp people.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:46 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,388,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Religion and Religious people started these venues
Again, so what? You are insisting on making the same mistake over and over. Finding someone who did X who was also religious is a correlation. Nothing more. Correlation is not causation. You can just as easily correlate plucking chickens with religiosity as most people who plucked chickens in our history were likely claiming to be religious.

The fact is however that Religion and religious people were not required to do any of it. There are secular equivalents of all of these things. Religion is not synonymous with charity at all.

Hamass provides social services in gaza. Does that mean they are a good thing? No, they are still a militarised terrorist organisation with a fanatical antisemitic ideology. Louis Farrakan gets young black men off drugs. Does that change the fact that this is a racist crackpot cult? No.

Correlating religiosity with charity is easy to do, but correlation is as far as you get. There is not a good action being performed by them that is precluded a world without religion or theists.

And if Walmart and Burger joints are on your list then I think you may be more desperate that we realised.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Again, so what? You are insisting on making the same mistake over and over. Finding someone who did X who was also religious is a correlation. Nothing more. Correlation is not causation. You can just as easily correlate plucking chickens with religiosity as most people who plucked chickens in our history were likely claiming to be religious.

The fact is however that Religion and religious people were not required to do any of it. There are secular equivalents of all of these things. Religion is not synonymous with charity at all.

Hamass provides social services in gaza. Does that mean they are a good thing? No, they are still a militarised terrorist organisation with a fanatical antisemitic ideology. Louis Farrakan gets young black men off drugs. Does that change the fact that this is a racist crackpot cult? No.

Correlating religiosity with charity is easy to do, but correlation is as far as you get. There is not a good action being performed by them that is precluded a world without religion or theists.

And if Walmart and Burger joints are on your list then I think you may be more desperate that we realised.

I like Walmart, and I like burgers. And I like Farrakan.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:11 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,388,037 times
Way to post nothing to do with the thread or my post.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Way to post nothing to do with the thread or my post.

What difference does it make, you don't seem to like anything I post.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:12 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,155,963 times
North Korea is a state run by atheists. It's a real godless utopia...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.