Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 11:11 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,511,190 times

Advertisements

Just as Non-confrontational philosophical exercise. I ask the question.

What do you deem as profound?

Let me just add. Humor is fine. And if you want to jab at the purpose of thread that cool. I actually enjoy a bit of wit in anything.
But I'm not interested in debate, argument and insulting each other in this thread. If you don't believe or dislike what someone finds profound start your own thread on that subject and debate the subject there.

Thanks mucho.

Baystater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 11:35 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,225,524 times
Nature.

A couple of years ago we had this intense thunderstorm. Rare here because we live on a mesa. Standing out in a field, shooting picture after picture, high winds and lightening hitting the ground just a couple hundred yards away.

That was truly a profound experience. Wasn't the brightest thing i've ever done but sometimes, ya just gotta go for the gusto!
Attached Thumbnails
What do you deem as profound?-hows-20that-20for-20awesome-.jpg  

Old 02-27-2012, 11:48 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,687,075 times
I remember reading that falling from trees, is the main cause of death for monkeys. For some reason I found that to be profound.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:27 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,270 times
That the lightening from the storm, and the monkey all have a commonality...the electrical resides in most all living things....even the tree...

So I find that Profound....and like the monkey falling out of a tree...as humans fell out of heaven...might have something to do with the commonality?

Are we living in a dead reality...or something like that?...a place for death...as it seems a constant with everything.

Born into death...to be reborn?...something might be still at play with these IDEALS.

I Find it also Profound that....insects and other animals service plants...how this has come about in evolutionary states of being is very impossible....unions need communications of a simular formate to comply to the program....hence the word of God is in play....TO TEND AND KEEP THE GARDEN...is expressed in some form of TRUTH.

That is the most Profound thing I can think of...and Lightening is just part of it....static electricity can hold memory...code...programming...and plants can decode and communicate it out to others via colour and vibrations...Fractals.

Interesting I say.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:39 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,225,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
That the lightening from the storm, and the monkey all have a commonality...the electrical resides in most all living things....even the tree...

So I find that Profound....and like the monkey falling out of a tree...as humans fell out of heaven...might have something to do with the commonality?

Are we living in a dead reality...or something like that?...a place for death...as it seems a constant with everything.

Born into death...to be reborn?...something might be still at play with these IDEALS.

I Find it also Profound that....insects and other animals service plants...how this has come about in evolutionary states of being is very impossible....unions need communications of a simular formate to comply to the program....hence the word of God is in play....TO TEND AND KEEP THE GARDEN...is expressed in some form of TRUTH.

That is the most Profound thing I can think of...and Lightening is just part of it....static electricity can hold memory...code...programming...and plants can decode and communicate it out to others via colour and vibrations...Fractals.

Interesting I say.
It's the circle of life. We're all connected, one way or another.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:56 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,625,672 times
I find nature pretty profound too. I watched the weather change while I was sitting atop a mountain, the clouds, rain, thunder and lightning faded in and out, with bright bursts of sunshine in between. I could hear the rushing of the wind through the trees and then all of sudden it would hit me in the face, it was cold but really invigorating. I sat there watching all this under the cover of an outdoor chapel with a panoramic view of the surrounding mountains. It was just amazing to behold.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:17 PM

27,575 posts, read 28,680,428 times
If you look at the moon through a telescope, you can feel a sense of profoundness from it. It's a world you can actually see - with huge craters, mountains, plains and ridges - that is completely alien to the one we live on. No photographs are necessary.

Current science theorizes that a planet the size of Mars collided with the earth more than 4 and a half billion years ago, and the moon formed as a result. Can we even begin to fathom what that collision must have been like? What if it were to happen today?

Old 02-27-2012, 03:38 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,139,463 times
Music

Old 02-27-2012, 03:48 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Music
Mozart!

Old 02-27-2012, 03:58 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,790,019 times
The human mind. I think our own thoughts and thought processes are amazing, fascinating, a little scary, and just generally mind blowing.

NoCapo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality