Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 10:16 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Illegal or extraterrestrial?
Weren't the Hebrews 'Aliens' in the land of Egypt?...

Old 03-07-2012, 10:21 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
In the pre-flood world there was just one continent.

The flood of Noah's day was world-wide. No one escaped it except Noah and family.
Are you 100% sure of this?

Old 03-07-2012, 10:35 AM

130 posts, read 153,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I guess my problem with the Noahic story is that it's so darn Hebrew centric. It implies we all descended from Hebrews, or people with Hebrew names, at least. If we all descended from Noah a merely 4000 years ago, why don't we all look like Jews?

It's not Hebrew centric, it's middle-eastern centric. I'm sure all those names means pretty much mean the same things in the middle-eastern cultures. (Remember, the whole human race descended from a group that once lived around one area. In this case, it is the middle-east)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Finally, the whole point of the flood doesn't stack up. If God wasn't satisfied with the way man turned out and he did a factory recall, wouldn't He have known that at the outset and begun with Noah rather than Adam? Not that Noah and his family were anything to get excited about.

I know you made many other points concerning the flood, but I really want to reply to this one for now. You imply that God knew everything man would do before He created us. The truth is God did not know because there was nothing to know. If we truly have free will, how in the world could we make decisions before we even exist? We were nothing before we existed, and therefore, there was nothing to know before we existed. (As far as knowing we would make this and that decision for sure. Even now, we still have choices to make)

God knew we could sin, and thus before He created Adam, He determined in His heart to send our salvation should we sin. God began to regret that He made man when man started to make the ultimate decision not to turn to Him for salvation. (In other words, ultimately rejecting Him) That is what was happening in Noah's day. They knew who God was, yet they rejected Him for other things. There's a lot to get into here, but ultimately God did not know what man would do before man existed, because there was nothing to know.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:35 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
Quote:
If the flood account is a lie than so is everything else in Genesis.
It did not happen, see my thread started today. One proof Antarctic Ice Cores where the precipitation is less than 2" per annum. 780k years of varves and thus no flood happened as all icecaps would have melted. Ice floats in case you forgot....

To put it bluntly, you bought a stolen car from a shady 2nd hand car salesman.

Thread with counter evidence

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...e-reality.html

Old 03-07-2012, 10:48 AM

130 posts, read 153,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
It did not happen, see my thread started today. One proof Antarctic Ice Cores where the precipitation is less than 2" per annum. 780k years of varves and thus no flood happened as all icecaps would have melted. Ice floats in case you forgot....

You see we say things like this because we don't have an accurate picture of the flood. Most think of Noah's flood as a big dumping of water onto the planet, yet the Biblical story says otherwise.

Another thing, your proof against the flood is indicated upon today's processes, as in the reference to 780k years of varves. We get all this from dating methods, dating ice cores, and so on. Yet pre-flood, there were different processes going on in the earth. Pre-flood, it was closer to how God originally created the perfect world. Yet post-flood, some processes sped up, others slowed down and many other changes too place due to the new atmosphere. In essence, the Biblical flood collaspes geological time. (To the effect that when you say the ice has been around for 780k years plus, it actually only been around for 3,000-4,000 years plus) That is the kind of atmospheric change that took place post-flood.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:57 AM

1,220 posts, read 987,262 times
Default Complete Immersion!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Are you 100% sure of this?
Yes!!! Eusebius is absolutely 100% sure (as am I) that there was a worldwide deluge that completely immersed the entire planet, wherein only eight people survived.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:09 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Of course there wasn't a world wide flood, how ridiculous. I do owe that myth my thanks, for helping see how crazy the bible is.

How sick would you have to be to worship something that kills almost all life on the planet, because they don't like it? The christian god sure seems to get off on killing and torture.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:26 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Of course there wasn't a world wide flood, how ridiculous. I do owe that myth my thanks, for helping see how crazy the bible is.

How sick would you have to be to worship something that kills almost all life on the planet, because they don't like it? The christian god sure seems to get off on killing and torture.
Of course there was a world wide flood. I do owe that my thanks for helping see how great the Bible is.

How sick would you have to be to not worship God Who kills almost all live on the planet because they are continually evil? The Christian God sure seems to make sure there is a new beginning for humanity.

God is going to bring them all back to life and bring them into salvation in the end. They would have died anyway, so He just hurried up the process a little. No big deal.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:37 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Of course there was a world wide flood. I do owe that my thanks for helping see how great the Bible is.

How sick would you have to be to not worship God Who kills almost all live on the planet because they are continually evil? The Christian God sure seems to make sure there is a new beginning for humanity.

God is going to bring them all back to life and bring them into salvation in the end. They would have died anyway, so He just hurried up the process a little. No big deal.
Continually evil?, says who?, your little book?

Christianity is obsessed with killing and torture, you even drink fake blood.

No big deal- that's probably what some people say about the holocaust, or Cambodia, Rwanda etc. You are very casual about genocide.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:47 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post

Not true, the ice caps were made AFTER the flood.

World War II Planes Found in Greenland In Ice 260 Feet Deep - NYTimes.com

The above link from the New York Times shows WWII planes found under 260 feet of ice.

Six American fighter planes and two bombers that crash-landed in Greenland in World War II have been found 46 years later buried under 260 feet of ice, searchers said today."

The ice at the pole is 10,000 feet thick.

260/46 is about 5 1/2 feet of ice per year.

10,000 divided by 5.5 - 1,818 years.

The polar ice was not around pre-flood. It was a different world back then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality