Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 11:32 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
I cant find anything in the teachings of Jesus that require one to believe (or disbelieve) in a flat earth, a 10,000year old or less age of Earth, science, evolution, or anything else.

The message of Jesus is ALL about being right with God, and right with fellow humans. All else is irrelevant, despite what the thumpers may claim.

My apologies for my short temper. I'm not human tonight.
Acknowledging the creation is a nonessential issue for salvation. One must only acknowledge their sin and accept God's forgiveness through his Son Jesus Christ. However, propagating the myth of evolution leads people away from God, because it denies the Creator and promotes the false idea that everything is the result of natural processes. One could believe that and also accept Christ - and many do exactly that. Others entirely dismiss Jesus Christ because the doctrine of evolution precludes any deity from existing. Thus allowing the myth of evolution to be circulated unchallenged is counterproductive to our charge to spread the gospel. Evolution is a tool used by the enemy to draw people away from the knowledge of God. This is why we must uphold the truth of creation and impeach the claims made by evolutionists - which is fortunately simplicity itself since their theory is unprovable.

Unfortunately - it is taught in public schools - and the indoctrination begins very early. I remember in 1st grade the teacher saying that dinosaurs were millions of years old. High school biology class solidifies the ideas, and by this time the brainwashing is usually complete. Most students won't do independent research to determine if what they were taught is actually true, so they grow up being good soldiers who teach their children that science "proves" evolution, and that the people who thought for themselves, examined the theory and found it lacking in solid proof, are loonies.

The quest for truth must not ever be allowed to be derailed.

Last edited by Harrier; 03-08-2012 at 11:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 11:59 PM

33,555 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Acknowledging the creation is a nonessential issue for salvation. One must only acknowledge their sin and accept God's forgiveness through his Son Jesus Christ. However, propagating the myth of evolution leads people away from God, because it denies the Creator and promotes the false idea that everything is the result of natural processes. One could believe that and also accept Christ - and many do exactly that. Others entirely dismiss Jesus Christ because the doctrine of evolution precludes any deity from existing. Thus allowing the myth of evolution to be circulated unchallenged is counterproductive to our charge to spread the gospel. Evolution is a tool used by the enemy to draw people away from the knowledge of God. This is why we must uphold the truth of creation and impeach the claims made by evolutionists - which is fortunately simplicity itself since their theory is unprovable.

Unfortunately - it is taught in public schools - and the indoctrination begins very early. I remember in 1st grade the teacher saying that dinosaurs were millions of years old. High school biology class solidifies the ideas, and by this time the brainwashing is usually complete. Most students won't do independent research to determine if what they were taught is actually true, so they grow up being good soldiers who teach their children that science "proves" evolution, and that the people who thought for themselves, examined the theory and found it lacking in solid proof, are loonies.

Unbelievable that anyone, anyone at all can be so blinded by religion that they cannot see the truth of what is probably the most tested and accepted of all the sciences...It is a sad statement of the poor state of education in the US today.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:07 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,923,196 times
I've always believed in a "young earth." Why? The Bible tells me so. Yes the % of people in the USA that believe this will continue to decline as the number of churchgoers, Christians, and actual believers declines. Part of the problem with evolution is it makes no logical sense, and there just isn't any good evidence for it in the fossil record; No transitional forms. Darwin himself supposedly said that if there were no transitional forms in the fossil record, his theory would fall apart.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:55 AM

115 posts, read 115,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Part of the problem with evolution is it makes no logical sense
There is God which provides an initial template. Evolution comes into the picture sith sources of Chaos which providethe diversity. what does not make logical sense?

Old 03-09-2012, 07:51 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Otherwise, you guys will appear non-intelligent to those in the scientific community.
Sorry to have to tell you this but people who believe that the Earth is only 6-10,000 years old and who reject the ToE, appear non-intelligent to those who are not in the scientific community too.

This thread is quite scary.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:50 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,794,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwrench View Post
There is God which provides an initial template. Evolution comes into the picture sith sources of Chaos which providethe diversity. what does not make logical sense?
This entire sentence makes no sense!

Old 03-09-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
I've always believed in a "young earth." Why? The Bible tells me so. Yes the % of people in the USA that believe this will continue to decline as the number of churchgoers, Christians, and actual believers declines. Part of the problem with evolution is it makes no logical sense, and there just isn't any good evidence for it in the fossil record; No transitional forms. Darwin himself supposedly said that if there were no transitional forms in the fossil record, his theory would fall apart.
I'm still confused. Where in the bible, New Testament or Old, does it give a date for creation? All speculation is based on assumptions.

While you're at it, why do you think the teachings of Jesus require you to believe the 6,000 to 10,000 time frame?

Old 03-09-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

I understand your point.

For myself, I believe in evolution. I acknowledge that there are problems with the general assumptions of evolution. IMHO, we do not have any understanding at all of the mechanisms of evolution. Natural selection is, in my opinion, NOT the mechanism of evolution because natural selection by itself does not lead to evolutionary change.

To take this a bit further, at the risk of obscurity, evolution isnt even deserving of the rank of theory, but rather remains in the realm of hypothesis. All evidence, while based on empiricism, cannot be duplicated by experiment, and therefore fails the scientific method requirement for becoming a theory.

We call it the "theory" of gravity because we can validate it by experiment, and have done so since the time of Galileo. But gravity is still a "theory" because we have no mechanism of action that "causes" gravity. Hence the search for the "graviton" particle.

So yes I agree that teaching evolution as fact is wrong. That's what happens when even scientists lose sight of the principals of science.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:14 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,348,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
I'm still confused. Where in the bible, New Testament or Old, does it give a date for creation? All speculation is based on assumptions.

While you're at it, why do you think the teachings of Jesus require you to believe the 6,000 to 10,000 time frame?
The genome of the chimp is 98% congruent with the genome of MAN.

The genome of the chimp is 97% congruent with the gorilla.

The chimp is closer to humans than to gorillas.

Take a look at the hands of humans and chimps.

Coincidence???????????? I don't think so.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:20 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,348,344 times
Now lets look at the brain of chimps and humans.

The major difference is the volume of cortex. The hallmark of human evolution is developing a larger brain cortex..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality