Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 08:00 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times

Advertisements

Then God said, "Let Us make man in OUR image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Genesis 1:27

I've often wondered abou this verse. In this context God is stating that he AND someone else maybe more created man. I've always believed that anything is possible even that the Christian God is real. This verse is impling that God had help or took part in it with someone else. Maybe God is just one of many who wants humans to worship ONLY him. So he sepratede himself from the rest of the Gods & crowned himself the one & only true God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 08:23 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Then God said, "Let Us make man in OUR image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

I've often wondered abou this verse. In this context God is stating that he AND someone else maybe more created man. I've always believed that anything is possible even that the Christian God is real. This verse is impling that God had help or took part in it with someone else. Maybe God is just one of many who wants humans to worship ONLY him. So he sepratede himself from the rest of the Gods & crowned himself the one & only true God.
The MAKING of (a) man to THIER Image According to THEIR dominion; letting man also have domninion over the animals? v.26

I believe to be different than God, 'He' Himself then CREATING man in His Own Image. He created them male and female. v.27

Although the words Make and Create can be used interchangably.
They may also be use a part not for a same meaning as well.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:51 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,609,474 times
Looking back before christ I believe there was some kind of God war. It reads that way. For some reason a lot of people don't go back before christ, if they did I think they'd have a different view of the history of God, Gods. History helps with perspective, IMO.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:09 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,798,703 times
The Bible indicates in other books that it was Jesus who created the world.

John 1:1-3
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

Hebrews 1:2
"Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;"

Old 04-02-2012, 09:10 AM

27,580 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
I've often wondered abou this verse. In this context God is stating that he AND someone else maybe more created man.
I've heard that interpreted as God referring to the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:46 AM

2,770 posts, read 2,605,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I've heard that interpreted as God referring to the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Yep. You are right.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:16 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
Yep. You are right.

Those are all aspects of God not individials.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:06 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,989 times
"...God rested from all His work
which God had CREATED AND MADE." Gen.2:3

Old 04-03-2012, 08:37 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,160,706 times
Quote:

Nope, it's actually very simple...

It says WE and OUR because the creation myth in Genesis was plagiarized off of the earlier creation tale recorded in the Enuma Elish, an earlier Mesopotamian myth which involved a team of individual Gods rather just one. The Hebrews were originally polytheists and borrowed heavily from those earlier religious texts and Gods, including the myth of the global flood, etc. However when the Hebrews' monotheistic cult of Yahweh later gained power they had to rewrite their holy book to reflect the new monotheistic mythology and its "one true god". They slipped up on a few of the details...

Old 04-03-2012, 08:39 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,798,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
"...God rested from all His work
which God had CREATED AND MADE." Gen.2:3
One more proof that Jesus is God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality