Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 07:39 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,228,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
You have burned the greatest story ever told, ever written about, ever conceived. You have burned the true history of humanity; thats what you are burning. You have burnt the legacy of the life and purpose of Jesus.
I'm not an Atheist.

Anyway, how do you figure that? How can you equate having a firm grip on reality with "burning" your unproven Theology?

Why do you claim that Atheism damages Christianity? From where I sit, Christians are doing enough damage to religion all by themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 07:44 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,595,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I'm not an Atheist.

Anyway, how do you figure that? How can you equate having a firm grip on reality with "burning" your unproven Theology?

Why do you claim that Atheism damages Christianity? From where I sit, Christians are doing enough damage to religion all by themselves.

I am not an Atheist either.

The theology is proven, just not proof that you accept; one persons proof is just another persons myth.

Atheism certainly damages Christianity, and the majority of thousands of other religions; Christianity is just their passionate favorite target of opportunity.

By the way, I agree that Christianity has done enough damage to itself. And Atheism is destined to repeat the same; its human nature.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I am not an Atheist either.

The theology is proven, just not proof that you accept; one persons proof is just another persons myth.

Atheism certainly damages Christianity, and the majority of thousands of other religions; Christianity is just their passionate favorite target of opportunity.

By the way, I agree that Christianity has done enough damage to itself. And Atheism is destined to repeat the same; its human nature.
At least we agree on Christianity damaging itself.

The "proof" of Christianity you speak of, let's just say it wouldn't hold up in court. It's hearsay evidence at best.

As for Atheists damaging Christianity, not buying it. Reason and logic do no damage. They bring the truth to light. When mythology is brought into the light it makes it easier to see the holes in it.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:15 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,394,059 times
I don't think so. People are being animated. God looks into people's hearts.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I don't think so. People are being animated. God looks into people's hearts.
Animated by whom?

Are you saying that we're all marionette's in some cosmic puppet show?

Old 04-14-2012, 08:32 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,394,059 times
Quote:
Animated by whom?

Are you saying that we're all marionette's in some cosmic puppet show?
You're joking, right? Animated as in interesting, complex, opinionated and sometimes mercurial.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:42 PM

[quote=pamelaBeurman;23864946

As for Atheists damaging Christianity, not buying it. Reason and logic do no damage. .[/quote]

Its not for sale, its for show. Atheist are publically shooting at Christianity everyday, this board is ample proof of it. Slandering Christianity and religion compasses the majority of their threads.

In my outside view, its like shooting for Acheilies heel; their going after the elephant on the board; trying to shrink the giant. Even outnumbered on a board, the Theist view stands powerful enough on its own.

Its like getting in the ring with Ali- you sense theres somethingelse in the ring that most of the people are cheering for.

Thats why any myth that grows in history can't be extinguished, because its greater than the thing trying to extinguish it!

Old 04-14-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
You're joking, right? Animated as in interesting, complex, opinionated and sometimes mercurial.
No, not joking. I just misread.

I agree, we are an animated little group!

Old 04-14-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Its not for sale, its for show. Atheist are publically shooting at Christianity everyday, this board is ample proof of it. Slandering Christianity and religion compasses the majority of their threads.

In my outside view, its like shooting for Acheilies heel; their going after the elephant on the board; trying to shrink the giant. Even outnumbered on a board, the Theist view stands powerful enough on its own.

Its like getting in the ring with Ali- you sense theres somethingelse in the ring that most of the people are cheering for.

Thats why any myth that grows in history can't be extinguished, because its greater than the thing trying to extinguish it!
And just what are Christians doing?

You try to force your beliefs and morals on everyone. If we don't see it your way then you get all huffy and holier than thou.

You, as a group, are no better than the rest of us regardless of what you think.

I don't have a problem with people believing whatever they want. I have a problem with people shoving those beliefs on everybody else no matter what side of the fence they're standing on.

Christians are just as guilty as the groups they keep pointing their finger at.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
And just what are Christians doing?

You try to force your beliefs and morals on everyone. If we don't see it your way then you get all huffy and holier than thou.

You, as a group, are no better than the rest of us regardless of what you think.

I don't have a problem with people believing whatever they want. I have a problem with people shoving those beliefs on everybody else no matter what side of the fence they're standing on.

Christians are just as guilty as the groups they keep pointing their finger at.

Some Christians do this, and some Atheist do it; there are shovers on both sides in my obseveration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality