Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:34 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,437,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are a broken record.
Same answer. If you consistently claim there is a god and consistently fail to offer any substance to that claim then I can only consistently point this out. There is no way to say anything different so you will hear the same reply from me again and again.

As such if I am a broken record it is only because I am being played on a broken record player.

Quote:
the mandate that the universe be conscious because we are.
Which again you just assert and run. That is the problem. Again I can not refute this because you have not given it any substance. You just say it and leave it at that. For all your claims to be a philosopher you do not seem to grasp one of the simple philisophical truths which is that simply saying something does not make it true.

Which means you are claiming there is a god - but not substantiating that thus not giving anything to refute - and then later attempting to substantiate it by another claim which you are also not substantiating - therefore not giving anything to refute.

It is politics therefore and not science or philiosophy we are engaged in here. You simply stick to unrefutable assertions because there is no substance to refute - and then continue to play your own broken record of claiming no one is refuting you. Which of course they are not, given there is nothing _there_ to refute. Just bald assertions you make and back up with nothing except the occasional "Go google it".

Again:

1) Make a claim that is not backed up by anything so there is nothing there to be refuted.
2) Wait for someone to point out there is no back up to be refuted.
3) Get sarky that the user in step 2 did not refute anything.
4) Add whatever sighs and head slap smilely you think makes you look good.
5) Run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 11:06 AM

64,058 posts, read 40,345,816 times
Quote:
You are a broken record. You harp on my BELIEFS about God . . . but you ignore the philosophical basis of them . . . the mandate that the universe be conscious because we are. You seem not to be even aware such philosophical arguments exist . . . let alone be able to counter them with your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Same answer. If you consistently claim there is a god and consistently fail to offer any substance to that claim then I can only consistently point this out. There is no way to say anything different so you will hear the same reply from me again and again.
As such if I am a broken record it is only because I am being played on a broken record player.
Read the bold and then explain to me how I am to make up for that apparent deficit in your understanding of the philosophical arguments about consciousness.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:42 AM

64,058 posts, read 40,345,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
The answer is 42 and if you don't like that you can take that up with two dead white mice whose last words were "Oh crap..."
I enjoyed Hitchhiker too.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:26 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,437,774 times
Quote:
Read the bold and then explain to me how I am to make up for that apparent deficit in your understanding of the philosophical arguments about consciousness.
And as usual back to not presenting evidence but talking about everyone elses deficits and ignorances. It really is one of three approaches from you every time isn't it.

However if you are not presenting any evidence for your claims then I am not sure how repasting things you have said before adds anything to the conversation. Adding bold to your text does not magically mean there is evidence there.

You have not presented any arguments, so harping on that people are ignoring those arguments hardly helps.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:07 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,730,000 times
Quote:
You are a broken record. You harp on my BELIEFS about God . . . but you ignore the philosophical basis of them . . . the mandate that the universe be conscious because we are. You seem not to be even aware such philosophical arguments exist . . . let alone be able to counter them with your own.
Implying that an argument may exist in favor of your position is a far cry from actually producing and supporting that argument and showing how it specifically relates to the discussion in question. So far, I'm seeing lots of the former and very little, aside from random invocations of science buzzwords, of the latter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality