Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 09:59 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,815,402 times

Advertisements

No human being is equal to the next. Every person is unique and different. If - and I will be scolded for this....IF I asked myself this question and answered myself which is the superior human creature....

The MAN that is capable of fully interacting with the opposite sex..Or the MAN who is reluctant or incapable of having a full relationship with a woman?

I would say that the MAN who can be fully with a WOMAN...is the superior creature in the herd.

At present the gay lobby and the elite and rich- hiding behind the liberal banner are attempting to permanently take a position of POWER and authority over what the consider the backward peasants.

I would rather assert my position of authority than submit to theirs THAT IS THE CORE OF WHAT THIS IS ABOUT....CLASS DOMINANCE....I do not recognize the authority of this supposed elite!

This is clearly more than about granting high rights to homosexuals...This very complex social engineering that will favor one class over the other...The rich over the poor- through the neutering of the average person- It's really quite frightening that they are moving in this direction- Of further dis-enpowerment of real woman and the social casteration of MEN...real MEN

Old 05-10-2012, 10:00 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,315,918 times
Cute, I noticed many of you are quoting selective passages from the Bible while ignoring the basic meaning of "love your fellow man" or how about treating others the way that you want to be treated?

Just remember one thing being gay is not a probelm but acting upon it is

Old 05-10-2012, 10:01 AM

16,663 posts, read 15,658,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Barton is not a reliable source.

Jefferson did write a law advocating castration (not dismemberment) for acts of sodomy, but you need to remember that the common penalty was death, so this was a step away from that punishment.

As for the Madison quote:

Is it true that Madison said "Our future is staked on the 10 commandments?"

The founders most certainly did NOT found this country on Biblical Principles.

The Christian Nation Myth
Thanks for bringing up some basic truth about the founding of this country.

I read recently that during the founding of this country, only about 4% of the population was actively involved with religion and regularly attending church. Overall, religion was less important in their lives that staying alive. It was not nearly as big a part of colonial society as people want us to believe.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:03 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,954,394 times
As I noted elsewhere yesterday, there will never be another Democratic nominee for President who does not support same-sex marriage. And there won't be too many more such Republican nominees, either. This year, of course, and in 2016, probably. But beyond that? 2020... maybe, but I doubt it. By that point public acceptance will be well north of 60% and it will be legal in many states (assuming the Supreme Court hasn't by then ruled all laws prohibiting it unconstitutional).

The trend is crystal clear.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:06 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,954,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Thanks for bringing up some basic truth about the founding of this country.

I read recently that during the founding of this country, only about 4% of the population was actively involved with religion and regularly attending church. Overall, religion was less important in their lives that staying alive. It was not nearly as big a part of colonial society as people want us to believe.
As Thomas Jefferson said about religion:
But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

The same principle applies to same-sex marriage.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:19 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,954,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-1 View Post
Depopulation initiative....over 50, 000 new aids case's each yr and increasing...you know the stats Ive brought them up enough in USA.. do the math on objectives re money. Disease is an expense....esp this one including all involved... Everything's ok though.
Seriously...that's your argument? OBESITY and the health problems associated with it is the number one health risk to the United States according to the CDC. Maybe there should be laws making being overweight illegal...you know, to keep disease expenses down. Take a look around your church, hell any church, and then get back to me on that one.

Last edited by Fullback32; 05-10-2012 at 10:53 AM..

Old 05-10-2012, 10:29 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,954,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Excerpt:
Homosexuality was treated as a criminal offense in all of the original thirteen colonies, and eventually every one of the fifty states (see Robinson, 2003; “Sodomy Laws...,” 2003). Severe penalties were invoked for those who engaged in homosexuality. In fact, few Americans know that the penalty for homosexuality in several states was death—including New York, Vermont, Connecticut, and South Carolina (Barton, 2000, pp. 306,482). Most people nowadays would be shocked to learn that Thomas Jefferson advocated “dismemberment” as the penalty for homosexuality in his home state of Virginia, and even authored a bill to that effect (1781, Query 14; cf. 1903, 1:226-227).
Apologetics Press - The Founders on Homosexuality

The founding fathers of the United States founded this country on Biblical principles.

Yeah well, there were also anti-miscegenation laws in the United States (laws making interracial marriage and sex illegal) since the Colonial days. They weren't ruled unconstitutional until 1967. Most States had them at one time or another with some States extending their laws to white marriage with American Indians, Asians, Hispanics and Jews. The only States to never have had anti-miscegenation laws are New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Hawaii and Alaska. Nine out of 50...great.

In the 18th, 19th, and early 20th century, many American states passed anti-miscegenation laws, which were often defended by invoking the Bible, particularly of the stories of Phinehas and of the "Curse of Ham". They was even an attempt to make interracial marriage illegal nationwide. In 1871, Representative Andrew King (Democrat of Missouri) was the first politician in Congress to propose a constitutional amendment to make it lillegal throughout the United States, of course, citing biblical principles.

So there you go: laws founded on biblical prinicples. And what was your point?

And before anyone accuses me of being a liberal Democrat, well I'm not nor am I a conservative Republican. I am a Libertarian. If you don't what that actually is, then look it up on the party website.

Last edited by Fullback32; 05-10-2012 at 10:55 AM..

Old 05-10-2012, 10:42 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,592,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
This post is to inform Biblical Christians. The intent is not to cause strifeful debate.
In that case, Biblical Christians might want to consult an atlas, so that they'd understand they're living in the United States of the 21st century, not a corner of the Middle East in 1500 BCE. (There; that should take care of any potential "strifeful" debate).

Old 05-10-2012, 10:47 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
No human being is equal to the next. Every person is unique and different. If - and I will be scolded for this....IF I asked myself this question and answered myself which is the superior human creature....

The MAN that is capable of fully interacting with the opposite sex..Or the MAN who is reluctant or incapable of having a full relationship with a woman?

I would say that the MAN who can be fully with a WOMAN...is the superior creature in the herd.

At present the gay lobby and the elite and rich- hiding behind the liberal banner are attempting to permanently take a position of POWER and authority over what the consider the backward peasants.

I would rather assert my position of authority than submit to theirs THAT IS THE CORE OF WHAT THIS IS ABOUT....CLASS DOMINANCE....I do not recognize the authority of this supposed elite!

This is clearly more than about granting high rights to homosexuals...This very complex social engineering that will favor one class over the other...The rich over the poor- through the neutering of the average person- It's really quite frightening that they are moving in this direction- Of further dis-enpowerment of real woman and the social casteration of MEN...real MEN
Paranoid much?

Are you really that terrified of equal rights for all Americans? Please, tell us EXACTLY how every one being equal is going to send your world crashing down around you.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:47 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,686,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
I just heard it on the news. While one may believe this belongs in the Politic forum, from a Scriptural perspective it has everything to do with Christianity. The public condoning of Homosexuality is not a good sign.

God's Judgment on this nation doesn't seem very far at all now.

President Obama: Same-Sex Couples Should Be Able To Wed : The Two-Way : NPR

I guess we knew this, but it's just another red flag.

ps. This post is to inform Biblical Christians. The intent is not to cause strifeful debate.
gods judgement? this nation committed genocide,slavery,colonization and war against other nations, but this thing,someone wanting to get married; this is what causes his judgement? was he sleep the other 400 years ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality