Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 03:19 PM

443 posts, read 1,541,381 times

Advertisements

I was on the elliptical at the gym, watching A Brief History of Disbelief on my laptop.

After I was through, I packed up my gear and started walking towards my car... and then, Allmighty god himself struck me down for my insolence and blasphemy!

I tripped on the stairs, and sustained a nasty sprain! So now, I'm in a foam boot, taking vicodin and eating doritos on the couch!

Did god punish me for watching such a heretical program, or did he just want me to gain back some of the weight I've recently lost?

(P.S. The doctors tell me I'll be fine in a few days, so maybe this was just a warning! Though, he must have taken his sweet time in getting around to me.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 03:27 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
It's hard to say, but trust me, if God wanted to punish you, you wouldn't be alive now. It could just be a warning.

God will call us to him in different ways, and an accident may not necessarily be one of them. That's something you'll have to find out. Go to a Church and talk to somebody, I'm sure they'll be able to give you answers.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:27 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,031 times
Classic.. blaming God for you falling. You might be a Christian yet!

Old 09-27-2007, 03:32 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,180,644 times
So that's what I can do about all the bad things. Blame it on God.

I just can't figure out what I did that made him make my roof leak during that last bad rain.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:34 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,271,706 times
Whether God is trying to talk to you or not, I don't know. It happened to you, and I'm assuming that you are the one that made the connection... or did your doctor suggest it? However, I'm sure God would be happy if you would let this be a turning point in your life.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:36 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,743,815 times
reminds me of something i heard...
A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who was a vowed atheist and a member
of the ACLU..

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He
looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes."

The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, "Here I am God. I'm still waiting."

It got down to the last couple of minutes when the
Marine got out of his Chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold. The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently. The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence.

The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked, "What the heck is the matter with you? Why did you do that?" The Marine calmly replied, "God was too busy today protecting America 's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid ***** and act like an a**.. So, He sent me."

Old 09-27-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
reminds me of something i heard...
Wow. Thats offensive on so many different levels.

My brother, a marine (and an atheist) is a proud member of both the NRA and ACLU.

And no, I don't blame god (mainly because I don't believe a god exists), or see my clumsiness as divine retribution.

Some people need to learn to recognize a *joke* when they see one.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:56 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,271,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanoid View Post
Quote:
Hmmmm?

Old 09-27-2007, 04:04 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,603,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanoid View Post

My brother, a marine (and an atheist) is a proud member of both the NRA and ACLU.

And no, I don't blame god (mainly because I don't believe a god exists), or see my clumsiness as divine retribution.

ROFL Yes, you do.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:05 PM

Hrm, yeah... an insult to the armed forces, free speech and the iraq war dead... not much of a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality