Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 01:49 PM

679 posts, read 1,439,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
You and PhillyChief and Ikester spent more time talking about each other than you did with each other.
This is hardly fair. It's impossible to have a dialogue with him because if you refute his claims, he'll make up some wild characterization of you and what you're intentions are. If you refute that, he makes up new ones. If you refute that, he leaves and cries foul. Again and again. So please enlighten me on how I should respond.

Thanks.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:51 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
bigthirsty, it's obvious I've offended you and I didn't mean to do that, I sincerely mean that.

I steered clear of the Evolution/Racism thread because while Ikester brings up some interesting points, I think the presentation of those points needs some work. I honestly didn't think anyone was really taking those threads too seriously. You and PhillyChief and Ikester spent more time talking about each other than you did with each other.

All I was trying to point out in my initial post to this thread was that the 'If ya can't beat em, join em' technique isn't usually conducive to legitimate discussions and I think a quick review of this thread proves that out.

Evolution is largely based and credit is usually given to Charles Darwin and there are some questionable statements in 'Origin of the Species' that lean towards a racist view. Does that make evolution racist? No. Does that make an evolutionist racist? No. Does that make Charles Darwin racist? I don't know.

You are right in that I have contributed to the illegitimacy of this thread.

I'm sorry I offended you. This thread is yours, have at it.
No offense taken. Was the "Is YEC Racist" one of my better posts? Probably not but it needed to be done. 4 seperate posts were generated by that poster in 1 single day. All of those posts were extremely flammable. A simple Google search showed this was his M.O. at other boards and other websites.

I simply did what I did cause it is what it is. Like my grandmother said.. if you don't like to smell yourself then don't crap your pants and I stopped crapping my pants about 3 weeks ago.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:10 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChief View Post
This is hardly fair. It's impossible to have a dialogue with him because if you refute his claims, he'll make up some wild characterization of you and what you're intentions are. If you refute that, he makes up new ones. If you refute that, he leaves and cries foul. Again and again. So please enlighten me on how I should respond.

Thanks.
I'm not arguing that PhillyChief, that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm not saying anyone of you were right or wrong I was just saying that given the lack of legitimate dialogue, that was why I didn't join that discussion. Bigthirsty was implying that I didn't join that discussion because it was anti-evolution but joined this one because it was anti-YEC and that really isn't the case.

Again, I found serious errors in Ikester's attempts to make his points and honestly I think his lack of tact in making those points gravely hurt his side of the debate. I'm not finding fault with you, bigthirsty, or really even Ikester, I was just saying that......ah...never mind....I keep saying I'll leave this thread but as Al Pacino said in “The Godfather III”, “I try to get out and they keep dragging me back in!”

I'm really sorry guys. And I mean that.

Ya'll carry on as though I never entered this discussion......

Old 10-05-2007, 02:43 PM

679 posts, read 1,439,386 times
I want out too, but you used my name.

This thread has jumped the shark.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:47 PM

The Fonz has spoken!!

Old 10-06-2007, 01:20 AM

179 posts, read 333,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
bigthirsty, it's obvious I've offended you and I didn't mean to do that, I sincerely mean that.

I steered clear of the Evolution/Racism thread because while Ikester brings up some interesting points, I think the presentation of those points needs some work. I honestly didn't think anyone was really taking those threads too seriously. You and PhillyChief and Ikester spent more time talking about each other than you did with each other.

All I was trying to point out in my initial post to this thread was that the 'If ya can't beat em, join em' technique isn't usually conducive to legitimate discussions and I think a quick review of this thread proves that out.

Evolution is largely based and credit is usually given to Charles Darwin and there are some questionable statements in 'Origin of the Species' and other Darwin works that lean towards a racist view. Does that make evolution racist? No. Does that make an evolutionist racist? No. Does that make Charles Darwin racist? I don't know.

You are right in that I have contributed to the illegitimacy of this thread.

I'm sorry I offended you. This thread is yours, have at it.
Good point. Talking about each other does not make the subject up for debate right or wrong. And it's not even scientific.

Old 10-06-2007, 01:34 AM

179 posts, read 333,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
No offense taken. Was the "Is YEC Racist" one of my better posts? Probably not but it needed to be done. 4 seperate posts were generated by that poster in 1 single day. All of those posts were extremely flammable. A simple Google search showed this was his M.O. at other boards and other websites.

I simply did what I did cause it is what it is. Like my grandmother said.. if you don't like to smell yourself then don't crap your pants and I stopped crapping my pants about 3 weeks ago.
I was trying to even up the attack on christians in this area of the forum. I guess you don't like it when things start to become an even playing field. Also, about my M.O.. I don't change my user name from forum to forum because I have nothing to hide.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikester7579 View Post
I was trying to even up the attack on christians in this area of the forum. I guess you don't like it when things start to become an even playing field. Also, about my M.O.. I don't change my user name from forum to forum because I have nothing to hide.
See you responded.. thus I must respond back. Its in my nature (must be the amoeba in me ).. Childish to respond.. of course.. but it works for me..

I guess I didn't realize that as a Christian I was under attack. I'll batton down the hatches then.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:55 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Okay guys, I gave you a warning, but it seems this thread is going nowhere (except bickering)... gonna have to close it now. And if anyone here wants to argue amongst themselves, please take it to DM rather than the forums!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality