Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 07:52 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,905,307 times

Advertisements

...then God should get the blame for the bad things, too.
Fair is fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 09:25 PM

11,270 posts, read 11,032,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Fair is fair.
Stevie Johnson thought so!

Old 09-23-2012, 01:04 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
I've always wondered why He gets all the praise for the "good things" that happen too, but whenever something "bad" happens He gets left off the hook with "Oh, the Lord works in mysterious ways", or "He has a devine plan", or "God wanted another angel", whatever....

Old 09-23-2012, 01:21 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,085,116 times
Good and Bad are relative terms. The terms "Good & Bad" are human concepts and God(swt) is beyond all human attributes. God(swt) created all things but the concepts of good and bad are not applicable. all things are created for purpose and it is we alone who perceives them as good or bad.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:26 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Good and Bad are relative terms. The terms "Good & Bad" are human concepts and God(swt) is beyond all human attributes. God(swt) created all things but the concepts of good and bad are not applicable. all things are created for purpose and it is we alone who perceives them as good or bad.
Ditto what he said.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:43 PM

17,806 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:

This reminds me of the old Campus Crusade for life jingle. "God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life."

I guess God gets to define "wonderful" and his "wonderful" might be different than your "wonderful."

Old 09-23-2012, 03:59 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times
Quote:
Fair is fair.
Fair is fair applies only in the real world. Fantasy land makes up rules on the fly to support the storyline of the fantasy. Example 'god is good', thus all the bad things that god does are verboten and thus discarded.

Cliffs Notes: Religion doesn't play by the rules, religion cherry picks on the rules that are not counter to the fairy tale.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:45 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,270 times
Quote:
I somewhat agree...But it is written God knows both Good and Evil...or as us humans understand it, Both Good and bad...So this would make God's concepts of Good and Sin, or evil or bad in part Human...if we follow your statements....
Also Jesus said.."You to can do all these things" ...So as children of God...we have the ability to do miracles....But...we do not believe in our selves as being able to inact them, of have forgotten how to.....and because of sin, we do not attain the spirit or power..or have righteous connections to use them....Our bad or sinful behavior weakens this connection....for the power to do or act and even to live..comes from God....and if we please God and do Good always, and fulfill all God asks...we become Gods Like Christ....his children...So the blame falls back onto the weaker creation (the fallen) and Human concept (down here)...continues to restrict many from attaining their right of passage into that state of being God is looking for in his children ..."helpers of the garden"...."Do no more sin and be forgiven"...once this state is attained there is no need to stay in Death any longer..

I say.,,,but is that just me saying it?

Old 09-23-2012, 04:59 PM

707 posts, read 687,880 times
He does in my belief and also in the bible. The real question is why

Isaiah 45:7

New International Version (NIV)

7 I form the light and create darkness,
I bring prosperity and create disaster;
I, the Lord, do all these things.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:13 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Fair is fair.
I'm new to this particular forum, so I don't know your posting style yet. Therefore I have to ask, are you trying to be funny with these threads you create? Are you seriously asking these questions? Or are you being purposely obtuse in order to provoke others here?

Really wondering...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality