Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 03:45 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,523,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I'm reminded of this...

(Note: forward it to time stamp ≈1:57 to edit out Art Bell's inane blatherings...)
Thank You.
Quote:
Q: do any of you theist types actually believe this is an actual recording of hell only 14km below us? And that... what??? ...we can just drill down to it and lower a microphone? Well Hell, let's go get 'em out of there then, sort of like the Chilean mine worker's rescue!

What amazing fear-mongering and idiotic drivel!
Of course they do. For many of the Twice Born, it's their sex to cluck and coo and shake their head about all those poor heathens burning in hell. "I told you so", says what's her name, "I hope you get what you DESERVE".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 08:38 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,950,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat
I am not skeptical, I think that they just do not exist.
They do exist my friend!!!

Its sad some ppl will not believe ANYTHING THEY CANT SEE,its truly very sad......

@ the start of the song and when the guy is singing,I CAN HEAR SINGING!! (And it wasnt anyone else in that group)

Old 10-21-2012, 09:13 AM

2,001 posts, read 1,988,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post

Its sad some ppl will not believe ANYTHING THEY CANT SEE,its truly very sad......

@ the start of the song and when the guy is singing,I CAN HEAR SINGING!! (And it wasnt anyone else in that group)

and it is sad that people are so gullible that they will use recordings created by recording and editing equipment and claim that is proof of angels singing and hell

Old 10-21-2012, 09:18 AM

16,292 posts, read 28,609,678 times
Quote:

Says the adult that believes in fairy tales

Old 10-21-2012, 09:19 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,648,455 times
Quote:

Yes, it was awesome!! I love it when you guys do this. I'm going to go watch Miracle on 49th St. right now.
If you believe it then good for you!!
Your friend, Poppy

Old 10-21-2012, 12:06 PM

9,496 posts, read 12,954,825 times
Default Let 'em go! It's not worth it!

Fella, fellas, fellas... It's obviously critically important for some folks' faiths and spirituality that there be, absolutely, a literal heaven (above us, replete with angels all flitting about, crooning in harmony and twanging on harps and preening their golden wings with God's Special Feather Oil) and a literal hell (directly below us, but easily reachable by a drill hole!), where the faithful, or alternately, we unfaithful sinners, will be either comfortably and eternally lodged, or unceremoniously cast down to for an eternity of screaming.

Now, when such absolute literal beliefs are systematically and rather easily logically debunked and shown to be what they really are, the faithful's spirituality simply rolls up like a desiccated road-killed Possum, (and about as valuable...) and would eventually blow away. They would be left to start all over, with that wholly unwelcome task of trying anew to figure out the "unfigurable and unfathomable", such as modern science leaves us with. Why do that after all, when they were already provided with all the right answers when they were frightened, huddling little tikes in Sunday School?

However, there is not, and never will be, a complete answer set to all of those mysteries, a full-on set of all the universal truths nicely provided by scientific logic and reasoning. That idea is so very distressing to those who need such a nicely wrapped up dream set that they then go running back under "mom's skirts" to their simplified but silly mythical version of "the greatest story ever made up".

I mean, as for science's contribution, after all, what exactly does a Higg's boson do? Since we can't answer all of it out RIGHT NOW, why, it must not exist, because after all, the Holy Scripture doesn't mention it, and so it's hardly necessary for the complete picture, now is it?

But in perhaps 10 years, (as with lasers and microwave ovens and digital computers and so on..) when that Discovery of the Century might allow, say, space travel at the speed of light (or faster!) it will all suddenly become God's Grandé Design and Intention. And, not only that, it was obviously that all along, just as with Evolution (which has been so categorically proven now, and yet is still auto-denied daily!)

So they will stand by their versions, and gladly accept whatever they are told exactly to believe in and defend. For now anyhow. And the results of that thinking are always readily available for all to read, right on this sub-forum.

For an even better "read", wander on over to the Christianity Forum, for some real doozies!

Last edited by rifleman; 10-21-2012 at 01:18 PM..

Old 10-21-2012, 01:39 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,523,111 times
Quote:

For an even better "read", wander on over to the Christianity Forum, for some real doozies!
I'm sure if I did it would be an almost immediate Autobahn.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:10 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,966,670 times
Quote:
I do... I like schooling the idiots in the Book of Genesis 1 & 2 thread (https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ers-1-2-a.html) . Get this: the OP suddenly has a problem with Adam and Eve having incestual sex because Eve was taken from Adam's rib so they must be related. Friggin' hilarious!

Old 10-21-2012, 04:37 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,969,057 times
I ran across this several years ago on youtube. The link for those who might be on devices that can't hear the op's link:

Real Angels Singing Caught on Tape - YouTube

Music starts at 3:14

Sorry, but I don't hear anything that would lead me to believe it's anything more than regular ol' humans. Sounded quite bland for supposedly being divine. Come on, how can people believe this stuff?

Old 10-21-2012, 07:17 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,950,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung
and it is sad that people are so gullible that they will use recordings created by recording and editing equipment and claim that is proof of angels singing and hell
This is mainly the way spirits communicate outside thier realm,THRU ELECTRONIC DEVICES which can pick them up! (While most of us cannot)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality