Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 01:25 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by eyeoftheday
Quote:
i do believe there is a source, but i was asking you to explain yourself further.
Oh, sorry. I thought you where asking for my source of information.

The source would be the first serial rapist or serial paedophile.
His victims have the potential to become serial predators themselves.
And they can create more predators, who can create more etc.
So when you catch one who has committed a very serious offence you exterminate him before he has the chance to create more victims.
I compare serial predators with an oil spill that slowly spreads out and contaminates the whole area. The sooner you clean it up the better.
Before it becomes a permanent stain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 02:15 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
This is an interesting answer because if God is really all-knowing, all-seeing, etc., then he would have already known whether Abraham was an obedient man or not. He wouldn't have to test him.
Yes God knows everything, and Abraham was just a man and he didn't know that God was only testing his obedience.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:52 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,937,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Yes God knows everything, and Abraham was just a man and he didn't know that God was only testing his obedience.
If God knows everything why was he testing Abraham? He should already have known the outcome?

Seriously, no need to answer my questions, I just loved the irony in that once sentance.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:15 PM

443 posts, read 1,541,693 times
God was trying to prove a point to the devil, for some inexplicable reason.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:22 AM

49 posts, read 79,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorytampa View Post
If God knows everything why was he testing Abraham? He should already have known the outcome?

Seriously, no need to answer my questions, I just loved the irony in that once sentance.

(I shall start this sentence with) Because, like you, abraham has free will, you should use it more and stop being so predictable.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:26 AM

Quote:
(I shall start this sentence with) Because, like you, abraham has free will, you should use it more and stop being so predictable.
In that case was God being insecure about is own abilies, or because he doubted Abraham?

Old 10-23-2007, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D
Oh, sorry. I thought you where asking for my source of information.

The source would be the first serial rapist or serial paedophile.
His victims have the potential to become serial predators themselves.
And they can create more predators, who can create more etc.
So when you catch one who has committed a very serious offence you exterminate him before he has the chance to create more victims.
I compare serial predators with an oil spill that slowly spreads out and contaminates the whole area. The sooner you clean it up the better.
Before it becomes a permanent stain.

we aren't roaches, we are human beings damn it. you cant just exterminate your problems away, you have to lock them up in jails for the rest of thier life. capital punishment is cannabalism, its using humans to feed an insatiable beast. the punishment should fit the crime but since when does the punishment become the crime. the punisher should become his own punisher. him or her can punish themselves how ever they feel necessary, or free them selves.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by eyeoftheday In that case was God being insecure about is own abilies, or because he doubted Abraham?

no because he loved him.God is the Beacon of Faith, you can experience it, if you like. but with out him there is no fait.

Faith does not confine itself to Murphys law or his lawyers. it is something sublime, and is a precious stone you may posess if you like.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:46 AM

Quote:
we aren't roaches, we are human beings damn it.
I never said that humans are roaches. Nor did I ever implied it. I only claim that problems should be solved before they create more problems.
You do not let a deadly virus run it's course and infect others, or do you?

Quote:
the punishment should fit the crime but since when does the punishment become the crime. the punisher should become his own punisher.
Unfortunately there are serial predators who do not believe that they have committed a crime at all. They would happily set themselves free and continue their crime spree.

It is so easy to claim that serial predators are victims, but they simply are not. They are PREDATORS who pray on the weak and innocent. To believe otherwise is to delude yourself and pretend that serial predators do not pose any danger to society.
You do not treat a wild animal as if it is a pet. To do so is only foolish.
Personally I'd say that it is your life, but returning serial predators into society affects me and those who I love too.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:51 AM

Question God is a jealous god?

Quote:
no because he loved him.God is the Beacon of Faith, you can experience it, if you like. but with out him there is no fait.
I know my mother loves me, I have no doubts there.
If God is testing Abraham then he either is jealous or insecure, like any other sentient being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality