Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 10:14 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times

Advertisements

Well I'll be an ancient Mayan disbeliever!

All that hype , pseudo-religious and obviously faith-based bloviations based on mass hysteria and a near-total (No, I'll go with "Total" this time) lack of any logical thought processing, has once again proven the vast value of prognostications and prophecies by the so richly intransigent and preferrers of such ineloquent hysteria..

Well, next up will be what now? Oh yeah: The Golden Ship End Times Scenario.

When is that one again? "Soon", I'm gleefully told regularly, and as all the End Times Websites will absolutely attest....

Rapture - Rapture Prophecy

Rapture Ready - Rapture resource for the end times

End Times Prophecy

... and so on and so forth, ad infinitum.

Well, gotta go now: I've got to stock up for that wondrous event, just like I did for this one!

Oh Save us, Jesus!

Old 12-21-2012, 10:57 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
You must hang with the wrong crowd... My wife and kids were sucked up into the sky this morning! I tried to hang on to my wife's leg but she kicked me off before yelling "See ya, Sucka!" and disappearing into the sunrise.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:00 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
WELCOME TO THE POST-END O' THE WORLD RIFLEMAN! TIME TO PARTY!

JibJab Year in Review 2012: The End is Here! - YouTube

Old 12-21-2012, 11:13 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Darn I'm still here too.. didn't want to go to that Christian heaven anyway, wouldn't know anybody there ..

Old 12-21-2012, 11:19 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
I checked with some of my Aussie friends yesterday (since it was already the 21st there and all) and they all reported in. The Mayans and apparently all these Doomsday predictors understand time zones or the International Dateline. I suppose the Apocalypse could follow a steady westward trajectory.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:37 AM

476 posts, read 466,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

All that hype , pseudo-religious and obviously faith-based bloviations based on mass hysteria and a near-total (No, I'll go with "Total" this time) lack of any logical thought processing, has once again proven the vast value of prognostications and prophecies by the so richly intransigent and preferrers of such ineloquent hysteria..

When is that one again? "Soon", I'm gleefully told regularly, and as all the End Times Websites will absolutely attest....

End Times Prophecy

Well, gotta go now: I've got to stock up for that wondrous event, just like I did for this one!

Oh Save us, Jesus!
And your point is? The Mayan prophecy has nothing to do with Christianity.

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Matthew 24:36

Old 12-21-2012, 11:41 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,459,195 times
Did the Mayans actually say it would be the end of the world..........or is it that their calendar just ended at that point and we've filled-in that detail?

Old 12-21-2012, 12:02 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:

End Times Prophecy

Oh Save us, Jesus!
Hold your celebration for a few hours more, rifle. The North Pole doesn't actually reach its farthest point until 6:32pm EST today. Has nothing to do with time zones.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:34 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:

End Times Prophecy

Oh Save us, Jesus!
It certainly wasn't a Christian/Biblical teaching that yesterday was the day of the rapture. On the contrary, the Bible tells us no man will know the day.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:50 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Did the Mayans actually say it would be the end of the world..........or is it that their calendar just ended at that point and we've filled-in that detail?
My calendar ended December 1992. Since then it's been all post-apocolyptical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality