Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2007, 12:39 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,011,268 times

Advertisements

I'm praying for you HDL! You have been so faithful to everyone on here! It would be my pleasure to return all of the prayers you have said for each one of us! You're an awesome lady! God will be faithful, as ALWAYS, and His WILL will be done for you .

Dear Father in Heaven, you know the needs of HDL, I ask that you will lead and guide her in this time of struggle. Lord, I know that you have a plan for her, please guide her in which way she should go. If it be Your will that she gets this particular job, so be it and thank you! If you have other plans for her, help her to accept and move forward with the plan according to Your will.
I also pray for everyone else on here with the petitions that they have made. I ask for a safe journey for IBC's son and the rest of the missions group. I pray that you will help them in being effective for You and that your glory will shine through. Help these kids to honor you in all that they do.
I pray for Irishmom and that you will fulfill her and her husband's needs in obtaining employment. This could be a tough transition for them, however, we know there is nothing to big or too small that we cannot do with you. But without you, we are nothing.
I pray for all the other petitions that have been made on here Lord, You know each and every one of them. We know that You are faithful and Holy and that your Grace will be bestowed on each and every one of us.
These things I ask and pray in Jesus' name...AMEN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 07:28 AM

224 posts, read 777,772 times
I haven't been on for awhile, I had to go out of town, but I kept everyone in my prayers. I want to thank everyone for their prayers too. I've seen an increase in showings on my house, but I still need your prayers to get my house sold so my children and I can move down to Texas to be with my husband. We are getting very nervous as the school year is approaching and we really didn't want our son to transfer mid-year. We are also in a financial crunch now as we have dipped into our savings to pay for 2 households. Please pray for our to sell so our family can be together again.

Can you please pray for my sister also. She seems to have lost her way and is starting to act in ways that are very hurtful to my parents and can be hurtful to herself and her children. Without getting into to many details I can just say she has made very poor choices in her life and hasn't wanted to accept the responsibility for her choices. Please pray that she can find her way and be guided towards the right path.

Thank you, all for your wonderful prayers!

Old 07-13-2007, 08:14 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,887,855 times
Default Please Help! Huge Hospital Bill....

I hate to admit this, but I'm not very good at prayer...never have been. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall. But now, I sure could use prayer support.
I've been up since 4AM this morning...I just couldn't sleep.
What is going on is that 2 months ago my wife went in for surgery on a hernia. She's ok now. And we were "covered" by medical insurance, so no problems on paying the bill. Or, so we thought. Now, we are getting letters from the hospital saying our insurance company has not payed ANYTHING thus far, not even a dime, and they want to know why, and what am I going to do about it? ($33,895!) I for sure do not have that kind of money! I don't have a clue why the insurance has not paid it. I'm going to take the day off from work so I can make some phone calls...I just don't have enough information at the moment to reach a conclusion about it. I'll update this as I get more info. Thank you for your prayers...you all are wonderful!

Bud
Seward, Ak

Old 07-13-2007, 08:51 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,275,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
I hate to admit this, but I'm not very good at prayer...never have been. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall. But now, I sure could use prayer support.
What is going on is that 2 months ago my wife went in for surgery on a hernia. She's ok now. And we were "covered" by medical insurance, so no problems on paying the bill. Or, so we thought. Now, we are getting letters from the hospital saying our insurance company has not payed ANYTHING thus far, not even a dime, and they want to know why, and what am I going to do about it? ($33,895!) I for sure do not have that kind of money! I don't have a clue why the insurance has not paid it. I'm going to take the day off from work so I can make some phone calls...I just don't have enough information at the moment to reach a conclusion about it. I'll update this as I get more info. Thank you for your prayers...you all are wonderful!

Bud
Seward, Ak
Will be praying for you, Bud, that you get this situtation resolved promptly. And for you too, taylor, about the house selling and your move.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:24 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,670,560 times
IBCwife and HDL

You are in my prayers, and I know He will answer you faithfully.

I pray that your daughter will allow God to work in her life, that your son has a safe and very insightful trip ibc wife. And I pray for you as you struggle with the heart of a mother worried about her children. May peace and the comfort of His arms sustain you in your daily life.

HDL, you have been such an inspiration to me, and to all of us, I'm sure. I will pray for God to show you the direction He has for your life now, and that you will find peace and friendship and a good job on this journey.

May God bring you guys joy and happiness as He leads you on His perfect path. Blessing you with delights that only He can give.

I also am praying for everyone who has asked, and hope that you have already seen God's hand at work in your lives.

I feel most fortunant to be on such a list of God loving people, unafraid to stand up for what is right and to point out gently what is wrong. I pray that God's hand will lift each member of our beautiful cd family and shower them with joy and peace and blessings.

aiangel

Old 07-13-2007, 11:35 AM

1,408 posts, read 5,098,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post

Bud
Seward, Ak
Bud, it's likely just some accounting problems going on - maybe someone didn't enter the correct code for the procedure or diagnosis. Insurance companies are very particular about payments being for a certain amount, but it's up to the hospital to submit it properly. I'm sure if you contact your insurance claims representative they can explain it to you.

Just work through it one phone call at a time. I know it's frustrating -- I'm going through something similar getting authorizations and referrals.

I have had my anxiety reduced tremendously and I am absolutely positive the prayers of these wonderful saints of God has been very instrumental in that. It's a really good sign that you also believe that since you've come here requesting prayer.

I will pray for you and your situation and that God will give you the answers and peace that you need.

"...In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." Prov. 3:6

Old 07-13-2007, 12:13 PM

Bud,

Please know that prayer works, and I want to talk about the fact that you seem to be hitting a brick wall when you pray. I've been there, am sure most all of us have at one time or another.

What I had to do was to stop the way I was praying, and start over. I praise Him first and foremost almost every time I pray, why? We are to continously praise Him. I also thank him for the blessings in my life, I might be at the lowest part in life, but I can still think of things that God has blessed me with. And I am humbled that He takes time out of His busy schedule to bless me---someone unworthy of washing His feet.

I also have learned to pray for what I need, with the knowledge He has said our prayers will be answered, now, this is key, they will be answered according to HIs will and in His perfect timing. When I pray for something that has really gotten me so upset I cannot eat nor sleep, I ask for His perfect peace for me as this gets worked out. Then I BELIEVE HIM and just GIVE IT ALL TO HIM, and try to go about my day as normal as possible.

When you do this, you will see an amazing change in your prayer life. BUT, it must be HEARTFELT and you must realize that you can't ask God to answer your prayer how you want it, but let Him work it to His Good.

I also just talk with God during the day, as if I were talking to a friend or relative. Just voicing outloud what I am doing, and what I am thinking. I know many might think this is nuts, but I feel so much closer to Him when I do this, and I want to share my life with Him and I do feel He is pleased when I do this. What it boils down to is ME making TIME in MY busy life to Make Time For Him, and this pleases God.

I hope this helps you. Know that I am praying for a quick resolution over your medical billing and the insurance company. Many times this is an error and can be taken care of quite easily. Since you have insurance, you should not worry as much over this. Let them investigate and go from there.

In Christ,

aiangel

Old 07-13-2007, 05:55 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,957 times
Dear Friends,
Today is my birthday. Had dinner out with the family. It is always an event to go to dinner with such a large family and so many small children. My husband is out at the moment with them. Supposedly driving around so that I can have some ME time. Truly, I believe that he has taken then shopping to buy mommy something for my birthday.

I wanted to jump on real quick to check out the prayer requests and update my list of petitions. I have missed you all and the CD forum greatly. I want to thank you for keeping me in your prayers. My husband and I worked through what was truly the worst day of our marriage. I think that he has just been feeling overwhelmed and unappreciated for the past several weeks. He has had to take on both the roll of mommy and daddy and I know how hard it has been for him. I think it just all blew up and he didn't know what to do with his emotions. He has been trying so hard to not "overwhelm" me, that he took on too much for himself. But God is gracious and we have worked through it.

I want to ask you all to continue to keep my family in your prayers. We are still working on our move to NC and I am still dealing with my ex-husband on my oldest sons relocation. The judge set another court date for Aug. 5, all day. Please continue to pray that God's will be done and that my son's heart be protected from any undue pain.

I am trying to stay off the internet. I think that my husband felt that he was not only carrying the load for both of us, but that he was also playing second fiddle to all of you. Funny, huh?

I continue to pray for all of you. Even when I have not read your specific needs, God knows them and he hears our prayers.

God bless us all.

Weather...

Old 07-13-2007, 06:06 PM

Of course we will keep you in our prayers Weather. You just don't worry on that score. Do what you need to do with your family and the rest will work itself out.

Will keep you in prayers for the next court date as well. take care and sneak a line or two when you can.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:11 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Of course we will keep you in our prayers Weather. You just don't worry on that score. Do what you need to do with your family and the rest will work itself out.

Will keep you in prayers for the next court date as well. take care and sneak a line or two when you can.
Thanks, angel. Just realized that I posted the wrong date for court. It is Aug 3, 9AM, all day. Hopefully the judge will be able to get in 18 holes of golf and not be in court all day.

Thanks again, everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality