Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2011, 04:40 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,121,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Science and the Bible are not exclusive of each other by truly two sides of the same coin. The Creation is the outward expression of God and measurable by laws of Physics. The unchanging and immutable laws of science declare the unchanging nature of God and His beauty. The Bible is mostly about the unchanging spiritual nature of God and His desire to relate to His own creation on a spiritual level. Time will proof both are of the same coin as more laws of science are solidified and go beyond just theory.
I could not have said it better myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 04:44 PM

223 posts, read 268,360 times
Quote:
The "circuit" and "standing still" are written from mans perspective of standing here on the earth and observing things. We [laymen and scientist] still say the sun is rising. We don't get all technical and say, the earth is now rotating into the tangent point where the sun can now appear to us. They could not have understood it that way. The church of that day had no business to persecute anyone, no matter what they thought.

Makes the miracle even greater then what they thought. The earth actually had stopped rotating and no one knew it.

Seriously?

Old 07-27-2011, 04:46 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
The "circuit" and "standing still" are written from mans perspective of standing here on the earth and observing things. We [laymen and scientist] still say the sun is rising. We don't get all technical and say, the earth is now rotating into the tangent point where the sun can now appear to us. They could not have understood it that way. The church of that day had no business to persecute anyone, no matter what they thought.
That's as maybe but the Bible still indicates that the Sun moves whereas you appear to be claiming that the Bible doesn't indicate any such thing.

Quote:
Makes the miracle even greater then what they thought. The earth actually had stopped rotating and no one knew it.
Huh?? You actually believe that the Earth stopped rotating?

Old 07-27-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Science and the Bible are not exclusive of each other by truly two sides of the same coin. The Creation is the outward expression of God and measurable by laws of Physics. The unchanging and immutable laws of science declare the unchanging nature of God and His beauty. The Bible is mostly about the unchanging spiritual nature of God and His desire to relate to His own creation on a spiritual level. Time will proof both are of the same coin as more laws of science are solidified and go beyond just theory.
Science and bible are not "2 sides of the same coin".

The bible is the square version of the wheel.

Science is the round version, causing people to abandon the square due to the undeniable, obvious truth and utility of the round version.

That's a better metaphor.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:53 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OreNative78 View Post
Seriously?
Absolutely!!! I know my God!!!

Old 07-27-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Well if that's the case, I'll have to ask you why the Church persecuted and tortured so many for saying that it didn't. The Church obviously did think that the Sun orbited the Earth and anyone who said differently didn't last very long.

Clearly, the Bible indicates that the Sun moves....

Psalm 19

6 It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other;

Josh 10
12 On the day the LORD gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel: “Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.â€
13 So the sun stood still,
and the moon stopped,
till the nation avenged itself on[a] its enemies,
as it is written in the Book of Jashar.
The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.
Galileo was the scourge of the Vatican because he proved them wrong by showing everyone the true heliocentric nature of the solar system. The Vatican was wrong and Galileo was right. He was a martyr for science but also a symbol for truth against all odds. He may not have been a man of God, but I believe he was God's instrument.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:54 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OreNative78 View Post
Science and bible are not "2 sides of the same coin".

The bible is the square version of the wheel.

Science is the round version, causing people to abandon the square due to the undeniable, obvious truth and utility of the round version.

That's a better metaphor.
You will see before long, that what I have said is true.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:57 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
Quote:
Perhaps you should look up who invented the magnetic compass, it certainly was not your beloved goatherders

Old 07-27-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Yeah, well, bow down to my Flying Spaghetti Monster God, too, heathen.

What are you going to do if you die and the Hindus are correct? What about the Muslims? They're just as devout and crazy as you.

You're an atheist with regard to all other religions in the world, so your "gamble" is no less dangerous than mine. Except for the small fact that you're wasting an incredible amount of energy worshipping an imaginary ghost.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:12 PM

The Sun moves ... from the perspective of someone staring up at the sky. From an earthbound observer's perspective, the Sun travels across the sky. But this is an optical illusion, of course. The Sun appears to be about the size of a quarter up in the sky, but that too is an optical illusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality