Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 04:00 PM

9,705 posts, read 10,083,736 times

Advertisements

The Christian forum is more pro-Christian, where the Religion and Spirituality forum is a mixed bag , where if you come fishing for men , you can be sure to catch piranha instead as the opposition can be expected ...... So it is best to reject all pride in your discussions here....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 04:43 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,602,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...about the way you see Christians as happy, righteous crusaders of the faith riding in to save us poor deluded atheists and attend to our spiritual needs. Ever thought that our 'spiritual needs' don't require attention?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I think that religion - especially its supernatural aspects - is being exposed as a falling house of cards here on the internet.

People are finding out that they have been duped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
". Also, this forum discussion helps me to make sense of the years I spent in theism and, perhaps, to atone for it a bit. I genuinely regret those years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
A summary :

My sister was verbally abused by a bunch of really bad, mean people who didn't want her on their turf. With that out of the way, I'm going to question your integrity and mental health for daring to show your face on what I perceive as my home turf.

Anyone else appreciate the irony here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Data hath spooled the correct answer. This is a general 'say your piece on religion' forum. It has turned into a sort of battleground between Christianity and the Hellspawn. It .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
Your self-righteousness is showing. Take the log out of your own eye first.
The OP's question has been answered after 18 posts.

Anti.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:54 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,401,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
Your self-righteousness is showing. Take the log out of your own eye first.
Hmmm, it's funny I don't recall ever claiming I was a Christian on this thread or anywhere else on this forum.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:10 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,314,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Hmmm, it's funny I don't recall ever claiming I was a Christian on this thread or anywhere else on this forum.
I'm fairly certain self-righteousness isn't limited to Christians.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:59 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,268,417 times
Is there an option C?

Old 05-21-2013, 07:09 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,033,269 times
C.) Virtual psych. ward.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:24 PM

28,152 posts, read 30,143,340 times
Quote:
Reading some of the posts around here in the not-so-layman jargon, it's hard to gauge whether this forum attracts the more anti-religious zealots or the more righteous folks happy to help those in spiritual need.

So what's the consensus on where in line the rhetoric falls around here?
On the "Religion and Spirituality" forum, things are decidedly anti-Christian. On the "Christianity" forum, they are pro-fundamentalist Christian and anti-everybody-else. (That's not to say that there aren't exceptions on both forums.)

Old 05-21-2013, 09:57 PM

794 posts, read 1,413,587 times
Quote:
anti-religious zealots or the more righteous folks happy to help those in spiritual need.
Why, spiritual vampires preying on the feeble minded for financial gain rather than compassion motivated morally upright logic driven volunteers, of course.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:01 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,602,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
The OP's question has been answered after 18 posts.

Anti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Colonial Girl View Post
Why, spiritual vampires preying on the feeble minded for financial gain rather than compassion motivated morally upright logic driven volunteers, of course.
My observation verified.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:22 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,181,295 times
Quote:
Reading some of the posts around here in the not-so-layman jargon, it's hard to gauge whether this forum attracts the more anti-religious zealots or the more righteous folks happy to help those in spiritual need.

So what's the consensus on where in line the rhetoric falls around here?
This particular forum is generic. It does not promote any specific belief system. The religion specific forums are very much pro their individual belief systems.

The nature of the individual threads in this forum pretty much determines the members it will attract.

You have a variety of members posting here from the deeply religious to indifferent to decidedly anti-religious.

I guess you can think of this forum as being a gathering place for any and all belief/non-belief systems and as a result there will be disagreements. Disagreements are allowed provided it is the topic being disagreed with and there are no personal attacks against any member. The basic rule is for every one to address the topic and not the member posting it.

Disagreement is allowed, hate mongering or attacks are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality