Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 07:51 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,786,192 times

Advertisements

Do you have a spiritual connection with horses? Many say that horses hold healing powers and provide strength to the humans. Horses have been used as a therapuetic means to help heal emotional trauma, children with autism as well as people suffering with eating disorders. Please take a moment to view the clips below and send a prayer, thought or phone call to help save these beautiful creatures of spirit. Thank you and Bless you.

YouTube - Save American Wild Horses - Call BLM - email wildhorse@blm.gov

YouTube - Saving the American Wild Horse

YouTube - Mustang Medicine: Native American Flute-Blues MAMA Original
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 08:05 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,020,860 times
Don't know if it is a spiritual connection, but I have loved, owned and ridden horses most of my life. Riding was always therapeutic for me... a time to think and meditate and let go of stress and worry. My horses were always my therapists. I do not ride a lot now...too much arthritis, but I still own a horse and a rescued donkey, and I talk to them every day.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:30 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,462,266 times
I've ridden a horse two times in my life. The time I was bucked off of his back and the time I got back on only to get bucked off again.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:10 AM

22,192 posts, read 19,233,374 times
I don't ride, nor am I "horse person" but I have always been fascinated with the healing stories and accounts of humans, who are often marginalized or dismissed by society for various reasons, who have been helped, healed, and have blossomed through their contact and relationship with horses.

I have worked in the field of massage therapy for decades and was also fascinated to find there is a field of equine massage that is absolutely booming, I know of practitioners in massage therapy who got training in equine massage, and that is now their practice and they love it.

The medicine I associate with horses is that of strength, courage, wild nature, sexuality, power and passion. Those are the ways I have called on horse medicine in my own life.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
I don't ride, nor am I "horse person" but I have always been fascinated with the healing stories and accounts of humans, who are often marginalized or dismissed by society for various reasons, who have been helped, healed, and have blossomed through their contact and relationship with horses.

I have worked in the field of massage therapy for decades and was also fascinated to find there is a field of equine massage that is absolutely booming, I know of practitioners in massage therapy who got training in equine massage, and that is now their practice and they love it.

The medicine I associate with horses is that of strength, courage, wild nature, sexuality, power and passion. Those are the ways I have called on horse medicine in my own life.

Beautifully said my Dear!

Old 07-15-2008, 11:15 AM

I also think horses are majestic and magical creatures. Very powerful yet graceful...a vision of beauty in motion.

May the wild horses roam freely, without fear of extermination from our government.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:48 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
I love horses, we have owned a couple when I was growing up..I used to ride some, and most of my boyfriends were boyfriends because they had a horse..Horses bring me joy and happiness and a certain peacefulness in their soft whinny and their spirit of being free..When my daughter was 17 years old she had cancer and her horse was part of her healing..I truly believe that she and "Mystery " communicated with each other..When Diana was too ill from chemo to get out of bed, I would let Mystery out of the pasture and she would immediately go to Diana's bedroom window and put her head close to Diana and whinney softly and comforting..Diana was the only person who could make Mystery give a good ride..Sometimes, even the best of rifers couldn't make her budge until Diana told her to "Go on girl"

Old 07-15-2008, 11:48 AM

22,192 posts, read 19,233,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
I also think horses are majestic and magical creatures. Very powerful yet graceful...a vision of beauty in motion.

May the wild horses roam freely, without fear of extermination from our government.
There is a lady in the Santa Fe New Mexico area who makes and markets various healing elixirs (vibrational medicine from stones or plants or other sources) and her products I have found to be excellent. She has a "spirit of horse" product, i have not used but it came to mind reading this thread.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I love horses, we have owned a couple when I was growing up..I used to ride some, and most of my boyfriends were boyfriends because they had a horse..Horses bring me joy and happiness and a certain peacefulness in their soft whinny and their spirit of being free..When my daughter was 17 years old she had cancer and her horse was part of her healing..I truly believe that she and "Mystery " communicated with each other..When Diana was too ill from chemo to get out of bed, I would let Mystery out of the pasture and she would immediately go to Diana's bedroom window and put her head close to Diana and whinney softly and comforting..Diana was the only person who could make Mystery give a good ride..Sometimes, even the best of rifers couldn't make her budge until Diana told her to "Go on girl"
Yes tears are welling in my eyes. Thank you for sharing, this is exactly what I am talking about.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:29 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,627,765 times
When I was growing up many of my relatives lived on ranches and both of my parents were raised on ranches so I was around horses and other animals quite a bit when I was growing up even though I lived in a small city. I'll always remember one of my uncles who was a tough old railroad worker who had a few acres of land and a horse called Mona. There was definitely a bond between that man and that horse that lasted many years and when Mona died my uncle cried like he's lost a child. There is no doubt that a connection existed that was very special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality