Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 04:56 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

No, neither can redheads.
Impossible for both.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:07 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,881,460 times
Of course!

Old 08-30-2013, 05:18 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times
Sin is sin. However, the church world seems to have two unforgiveable sins: divorce and being gay.

However the Bible says in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11.......Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.
]Can a gay person be a Christian? Sure. So can a guy who has sex with a woman outside of marriage. Personally, if I were gay and wanted to be right with God I'd do my best to not sin. Losing heaven is not worth the pleasures of this world. It's OK to slip and fall. It's not OK to embrace something that the Bible calls sin.

With that said, I really don't have any use for the opinions of people who don't believe in God and/or those who think the Bible is bunk. The Bible says what it says.

I sin and fall short, but I am sure as hell am not going to embrace the things that I know are not pleasing in the sight of God.

I have a gay friend who is a Christian. He struggles. But he does know what his priorities are. Does he slip and fall, sometimes. Does he embrace gay sex? Nope.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:37 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417
can gay people be Christian?
Sure Jesus can save gay people , but when It come to the Baptism of Holy Spirit people may have to decide which God they may choose whether it is the living God through Lord Jesus or the spirit of lust which is not of God , because the gifts of Holy Spirit come with Jesus Holy Spirit indwelling in the Believer bring the gift for ministries of Lord Jesus, and dark spirits of lust would interfere with the authority of the minister , as All Christians have a ministries in their lives for the reward of Christ in their lives .... Still Lord Jesus will get a guy person born again , and the guy person will have to make the choice ....

Old 08-30-2013, 06:06 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Anyone can fantasize.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:24 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
can gay people be Christian?
Of course.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:29 PM

995 posts, read 956,216 times
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Old 08-30-2013, 06:34 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Sin is sin. However, the church world seems to have two unforgiveable sins: divorce and being gay.

Many would disagree with your assertion.

Christians in general understand that the only "unforgivable sin" is willful rejection of God's mercy and forgiveness.

Divorce and homosexuality are certainly forgivable.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:36 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

However the Bible says in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11.......Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.
]Can a gay person be a Christian? Sure. So can a guy who has sex with a woman outside of marriage. Personally, if I were gay and wanted to be right with God I'd do my best to not sin. Losing heaven is not worth the pleasures of this world. It's OK to slip and fall. It's not OK to embrace something that the Bible calls sin.

With that said, I really don't have any use for the opinions of people who don't believe in God and/or those who think the Bible is bunk. The Bible says what it says.

I sin and fall short, but I am sure as hell am not going to embrace the things that I know are not pleasing in the sight of God.

I have a gay friend who is a Christian. He struggles. But he does know what his priorities are. Does he slip and fall, sometimes. Does he embrace gay sex? Nope.
The verse you quoted said that homosexuals won't get into heaven. I am a homosexual whether I am having sex or not.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:40 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him. Leviticus 20:9.
Killed any kids lately?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.