Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 06:43 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
can gay people be Christian?
Yes, anyone who says otherwise is judging.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:50 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
Good job removing that from context.

By the way:

Exodus 31:15 For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death.

Clearly no one can be a Christian.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:18 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,576 times
Quote:
Sure they can! Ted Haggard, John Paulk, George Alan Rekers, Lonnie Latham and countless priest are examples of gay christians.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:40 PM

995 posts, read 956,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post

By the way:

Exodus 31:15 For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death.

Jesus was not allowed to be Christian.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:26 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Of course. Anyone who recognizes Jesus Christ as the Son of God and looks to Him for salvation is a Christian.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:31 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I am a homosexual whether I am having sex or not.
I'm amazed at how many people fail to understand this. I had a conversation with my sister-in-law once about her and my husband's uncle. For many years, he was in a relationship with another man. A few years back, he came to believe that this relationship was sinful and broke it off. He has supposedly been celibate for quite some time now. In referring to him, my sister-in-law said, "Uncle Joe used to be gay." It didn't matter what I said. There was no convincing her that Uncle Joe is still gay.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:14 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,545,216 times
Quote:
For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him. Leviticus 20:9.
Killed any kids lately?
Quote:
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post

By the way:

No...What has the Jewish Law have to do with being a Christian?

See this is what makes me shake my head.

Quote:
The verse you quoted said that homosexuals won't get into heaven. I am a homosexual whether I am having sex or not.
Right...and an alcoholic is still an alcoholic even tho they have not had a drink in years. It's the being a drunk that is the sin, not being an alcoholic. They are good in God's sight, as are you, as long they don't do what is displeasing to God.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:12 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
If a heterosexual is guilty of fornication just for fantasizing about it, isn't a homosexual guilty of sodomy just for being attracted to it?

Point taken. But that's probably because in Biblical times there wasn't as much nuance as that. Behavior implied orientation and it was all seen as depraved. I am skeptical that some guy 3,000 years ago who admitted being attracted to other men (or to his goats, or whatever) wouldn't be stoned simply because he hadn't acted on it. He'd be seen as unclean, depraved, and a threat to the community for even entertaining such horrific thoughts.

As a practical matter, you are asking gay persons to be asexual for life. This is something that Exodus International even figured out is both unworkable and harmful to people.

I totally agree. Where we probably disagree is on whether said denial is ennobling and positive.
We ask pedophiles to be celibate, right? Is that wrong to do? Is it harmful?

Honestly....i don't care what you do in your home with a consenting adult....but sex outside of marriage is sin....if you actively engage in a lifestyle of it, I question your commitment to Christ.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:12 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
It never fails to amuse me how you people ignore the other old testament laws such as

Deuteronomy 22:13-22
If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her ... and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate.... But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the ***** in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:52 AM

304 posts, read 472,278 times
At a large, Episcopal church in Chattanooga, two men recently had something that resembled a marriage ceremony. My friend went and said that he had to park two blocks away because of the crowd.
Six miles, across town at a large Baptist church, the minister said in all three of the Sunday morning services; if you are gay, don't even think of trying to join this church.
The beat goes on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.