Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 05:02 AM

428 posts, read 1,631,140 times

Advertisements

Actually, the "Jurassic Period" did not exist until we invented it! The time from 200 to 145 MYA existed, of course, but the dinosaur intelligensia of the time spoke of it as "Fin de Triassic".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 11:36 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart271 View Post
Actually, the "Jurassic Period" did not exist until we invented it! The time from 200 to 145 MYA existed, of course, but the dinosaur intelligensia of the time spoke of it as "Fin de Triassic".
WE, invented alot of things. But WE, had to give it a name so WE could associate it with a possible place in time of our earth billions of years of existance. And not this garbage that the earth and man have only been around for a little over 4,000 year, like I've been told by some Bible thumps. I'm still LMAO of that one.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:00 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
The Jurassic Period was there all along, we just didn't know about it for a long time.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
The Jurassic Period was there all along, we just didn't know about it for a long time.
How true, and as well as all the other "Periods" which I don't know all the names of, like the Bronz age. But I'm sure that there is a well educated person out there in CD that can tell us.

Or, will it stop at just over 4,000 years ago, at the start of the Bible. SLMAO over that .

Old 12-04-2008, 01:27 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
How true, and as well as all the other "Periods" which I don't know all the names of, like the Bronz age. But I'm sure that there is a well educated person out there in CD that can tell us.

Or, will it stop at just over 4,000 years ago, at the start of the Bible. SLMAO over that .
The Bronze age isn't a geologic period, but here you are...

A Geologic Time Chart from Rockman

Old 12-04-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
The Bronze age isn't a geologic period, but here you are...

A Geologic Time Chart from Rockman
See I knew it . There are smart folks out there, thank you

Old 12-05-2008, 09:22 PM

Talking Some make us just fall over laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
My next door neighbor from when I was young told me they planted the bones and made them out of chemical material that resembles bone to brainwash the world and discourage Christianity.*giggle*
I still love to go back and read this one. thanks SmerkyGrl for sharing it with us. It would be quite the undertaking, wouldn't it?

Old 02-05-2009, 10:18 AM

205 posts, read 374,551 times
Quote:
the juassic period was there millons of years before adam and eve....the bible says ,that their was .....a world that was....a world we live in now....and a new world to come......#1 the world that was ...the jurassic period even people lived with these beasts..that was when lucifer was an angel in heaven before the fall...so when lucifer fell god cast out lucifer out of heaven ,,everything lucifer ruled and had dominion over was all taken from him . everything was destroyed....that was called lucifers flood nothing lived lucifer lived and ruled here billions of years before he was cast down .......#2the world we live in now...the book of genesis starts says when gods spirit moved upon the face of the waters,,,this planet was sitting under water for hundreds of years or more........so when he did put adam and eve here ,,,,we needed a body and your spirit or ur soul to live here... so thats why satin or lucifer was already here tempting them so sin so lucifer can take back what was his planet he once ruled before..........satin needed a body to so that why he used a snakes body to be legal here....god couldnt rescue adam and eve because god needed a body too but god waited for the right time to rescue man and god had his body was jesus to rescue man

Old 02-05-2009, 11:40 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Check back with the original posting: he would never have even thought to ask the question if it wasn't for some dialogue on "The Sopranos." From hokey television programming to the Jurassic Age in one fell swoop. The signs of our civilization's imminent collapse are all around us!

Old 02-05-2009, 05:20 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr jack View Post
the juassic period was there millons of years before adam and eve....the bible says ,that their was .....a world that was....a world we live in now....and a new world to come......#1 the world that was ...the jurassic period even people lived with these beasts..that was when lucifer was an angel in heaven before the fall...so when lucifer fell god cast out lucifer out of heaven ,,everything lucifer ruled and had dominion over was all taken from him . everything was destroyed....that was called lucifers flood nothing lived lucifer lived and ruled here billions of years before he was cast down .......#2the world we live in now...the book of genesis starts says when gods spirit moved upon the face of the waters,,,this planet was sitting under water for hundreds of years or more........so when he did put adam and eve here ,,,,we needed a body and your spirit or ur soul to live here... so thats why satin or lucifer was already here tempting them so sin so lucifer can take back what was his planet he once ruled before..........satin needed a body to so that why he used a snakes body to be legal here....god couldnt rescue adam and eve because god needed a body too but god waited for the right time to rescue man and god had his body was jesus to rescue man
I think your post makes the grade to be listed here...

Fundies Say the Darndest Things!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality