Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 08:51 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,644,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Your nail polish isn't trying to give you answers. You are. The polish is just a coincidence that got your attention.

I find your mention of "faith" and "seek" and "surrender" interesting. Are you afraid to surrender yourself to your faith?
im sorry but i dont feel i can answer that yet. not at this point and time because i just dont know and am unsure.
but i will say that surrending to just about anything is a bit frightening. maybe it is the control issue again. oh my goodness i now fear running into a bottle of nail polish with the name "control".
but actually, if that does happen, you can bet your bottom dollar that i will probably lose it (control) and come running to all of you for advice/thoughts again. i would love a thread in the "coincidence" category. some people say "there are no such things as coincidences" and i really dont understand what they mean. i do not know if such a thread would fall under this forum. do you? ack! it's probably already been discussed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2007, 09:00 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,679,616 times
Yeah, I wondered about surrender. Very powerful, very overbearing.

I would suggest that you embrace instead of surrendering. It denotes a welcoming of the change instead of having it forced upon you. Why cower before it when you can stand tall and welcome it into your life?

Old 11-22-2007, 09:14 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,644,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Yeah, I wondered about surrender. Very powerful, very overbearing.

I would suggest that you embrace instead of surrendering. It denotes a welcoming of the change instead of having it forced upon you. Why cower before it when you can stand tall and welcome it into your life?
i like that idea. think embrace, instead of, surrender (even though they'd both be equally difficult).

Old 11-22-2007, 09:17 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,679,616 times
Yes. It isn't a question of making it easier. It's the attitude of acceptance that's important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality