Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 08:50 PM

109 posts, read 205,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
what exactly is a xian?
Xian is an abbreviated way of writing Christian. The 'X' stands for Christ...as in Christmas = Xmas. It's also commonly used in the UK to write Christian as Xian... when you don't believe there was a 'Christ'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 09:44 PM

613 posts, read 1,270,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I had a strange experience several months ago. On one of my shoes the rubber sole had detached from the leather upper. I picked it up for closer inspection. The sole flapped, and it seemed to say, "Repent for your sins or you will go to hell"! Taken by surprise I quickly threw the shoe down and stared at it for a few minutes. But it didn't say any more. I wonder what it all means?
ahh the power of mushrooms...ive had lengthy conversations with a pair of socks before...
but yess...ive had to many of these types of "coincidences" to call them coincidences ....i believe in signs..
what color btw is faith lol

Old 11-22-2007, 12:23 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,455,221 times
Honestly..... ask yourself a question. If the odds of winning a lottery are one in 13 million, than how does anyone win the lottery? Similarly, if you had 25 nail polish bottles and one was called faith what were the chances that you'd pick that bottle? If one was called "Bang" would you start pondering the Big Bang?

Old 11-22-2007, 01:18 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times
Creativity is often a good sign of intelligence.
Then again, so is a dirrrty mind.

Quote:
Intelligence is not based upon the numbers of the brain’s neurons, but how many CONNECTIONS we forge between them, linking one concept, one neuron with another, in a shimmering, self-aware neural net.
Alan Moore, comics writer.

Old 11-22-2007, 01:22 AM

69 posts, read 272,834 times
Trust me, many things in life are not coincidences.

I've had so many "coincidences," happening so close to each other, that you wouldn't believe.

But I must say, your spirit is what God speaks to, not your body, so I don't know why God would particularly use physical nail polish for a sign.

Old 11-22-2007, 03:48 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times
Originally Posted by nicolepsy
Quote:
i think that would make a great you tube video. what would the title be?
I guess the title would be:
Waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Originally Posted by RyanLeeParis
Quote:
Trust me, many things in life are not coincidences.
It seems that if you believe that God is in control, coincidences become an impossibility.

Old 11-22-2007, 06:10 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,643,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1100 View Post
Xian is an abbreviated way of writing Christian. The 'X' stands for Christ...as in Christmas = Xmas. It's also commonly used in the UK to write Christian as Xian... when you don't believe there was a 'Christ'.
wow. you learn something new every day! (especially here!)

Old 11-22-2007, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Honestly..... ask yourself a question. If the odds of winning a lottery are one in 13 million, than how does anyone win the lottery? Similarly, if you had 25 nail polish bottles and one was called faith what were the chances that you'd pick that bottle? If one was called "Bang" would you start pondering the Big Bang?
interesting. no, i wouldnt start to think of the big bang so what does it mean then? it's probably just that ive beenthinking about religion lately so i made the connection. what seems strange to me though is that all of the other bottles have names like passion punch and portfolio pink.
this gives me a great money making idea to develop a line of christian nail polish!

Old 11-22-2007, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
ahh the power of mushrooms...ive had lengthy conversations with a pair of socks before...
but yess...ive had to many of these types of "coincidences" to call them coincidences ....i believe in signs..
what color btw is faith lol
faith is a rosey shade.

Old 11-22-2007, 06:34 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I had a strange experience several months ago. On one of my shoes the rubber sole had detached from the leather upper. I picked it up for closer inspection. The sole flapped, and it seemed to say, "Repent for your sins or you will go to hell"! Taken by surprise I quickly threw the shoe down and stared at it for a few minutes. But it didn't say any more. I wonder what it all means?
I think the sole was really your soul telling you something. Yeah that was it, it WAS your soul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality