Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 06:38 PM

14,884 posts, read 17,164,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Xian is an abbreviated way of writing Christian. The 'X' stands for Christ...as in Christmas = Xmas. It's also commonly used in the UK to write Christian as Xian... when you don't believe there was a 'Christ'

And there I was surfing the net trying to find out what this meant! I knew that it didn't refer to the city in China, but that's all I could find!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2007, 07:14 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,200,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
this is what happened today and i need ideas please.
background: 1)i have been thinking about the whole god/religion thing alot lately because of my participation on this forum. 2) i tend to believe in god but not the bible or jesus.
3) i may be crazy but prefer to think of myself as creative and misunderstood.
4)i have had alot of worries about certain things lately (this is an important point)
what happened today:
i was given a big box of nail polish by a friend a while back who didnt want it anymore. there must be about 25 different shades in the box. today i glanced at the box and immediately focused on a color that appealed to me and picked it up and read the name of the shade and it was called "faith".
i am wondering if this could possibly be a message from god or the universe that i should have faith and not worry (because of certain things ive been worried about).
or is it just a coincidence?
if something similar happens within the next couple of days would it be more likely that it is indeed a "sign" of something?
thanks for your replies! please respond!
First of all...best thread title EVER! LOL...

Yes, I believe God is speaking to you...respond to Him.

There are 2 things the Bible says about faith and God that always stick with me...

Without FAITH, it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God...

And...

Those who seek God must believe that he exists, and that he is a rewarder of those who seek him

God bless you on your journey, my friend.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:19 PM

751 posts, read 1,178,974 times
If you are really interested in maybe reconsidering the importance of faith and spirituality in your life, I recommend a book by Joel Osteen titled "Become a better you". This book has had a very positive impact on my life and it really reaffirmed my faith in God. It is funny that a lot of people criticize him but at least, he is trying to lead people towards God in a way that is non-threatening and interesting. 99% of all other preachers are just ridiculously boring.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:30 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
this is what happened today and i need ideas please.
background: 1)i have been thinking about the whole god/religion thing alot lately because of my participation on this forum. 2) i tend to believe in god but not the bible or jesus.
3) i may be crazy but prefer to think of myself as creative and misunderstood.
4)i have had alot of worries about certain things lately (this is an important point)
what happened today:
i was given a big box of nail polish by a friend a while back who didnt want it anymore. there must be about 25 different shades in the box. today i glanced at the box and immediately focused on a color that appealed to me and picked it up and read the name of the shade and it was called "faith".
i am wondering if this could possibly be a message from god or the universe that i should have faith and not worry (because of certain things ive been worried about).
or is it just a coincidence?
if something similar happens within the next couple of days would it be more likely that it is indeed a "sign" of something?
thanks for your replies! please respond!
There really is only one thing to consider here: You.

If the juxtaposition of your recent thoughts and the "perhaps, perhaps not", selection of the polish named Faith brings you faith, or revelation, or anything else that helps you in your journey through life, then I recommend you use it for that purpose.

As we used to say in my Hippie days: "Go with the flow."

I would like to know: What are the names of the other polishes? Would any of them had a significance equal to Faith?

Old 11-22-2007, 08:19 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,646,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post

And there I was surfing the net trying to find out what this meant! I knew that it didn't refer to the city in China, but that's all I could find!!
i knew it would be less painful to just ask. the people here are so great about explaining things and usually quick too. i really appreciate all who have helped me figure things out.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
There really is only one thing to consider here: You.

If the juxtaposition of your recent thoughts and the "perhaps, perhaps not", selection of the polish named Faith brings you faith, or revelation, or anything else that helps you in your journey through life, then I recommend you use it for that purpose.

As we used to say in my Hippie days: "Go with the flow."

I would like to know: What are the names of the other polishes? Would any of them had a significance equal to Faith?
i DID try to be logical and look at the other names. if i were to find EVEN ONE polish with a name like faith ("seek" maybe or "surrender" maybe) then i would have convinced myself that it was nothing. but none of the polishes have such names. all of them have typical names like peek-a-boo pink or out on the town or really rosey.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:27 PM

Quote:
i knew it would be less painful to just ask. the people here are so great about explaining things and usually quick too. i really appreciate all who have helped me figure things out.
i try so hard to go with the flow but i think my worries lately have caused me to look to my nail polish for answers. i would much rather get answers from everyone here. thanks to all!

Old 11-22-2007, 08:29 PM

wow thanks and "best thread title ever"??? thanks for the compliment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
First of all...best thread title EVER! LOL...

Yes, I believe God is speaking to you...respond to Him.

There are 2 things the Bible says about faith and God that always stick with me...

Without FAITH, it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God...

And...

Those who seek God must believe that he exists, and that he is a rewarder of those who seek him

God bless you on your journey, my friend.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
If you are really interested in maybe reconsidering the importance of faith and spirituality in your life, I recommend a book by Joel Osteen titled "Become a better you". This book has had a very positive impact on my life and it really reaffirmed my faith in God. It is funny that a lot of people criticize him but at least, he is trying to lead people towards God in a way that is non-threatening and interesting. 99% of all other preachers are just ridiculously boring.
i agree that joel osteen is one heck of a speaker! i took notice of his talents years ago even before he became famous. but i am not one to read books like that. not that there is anything wrong with it but it is just not me. i have on occasion watched him on t.v. though.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:42 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
i try so hard to go with the flow but i think my worries lately have caused me to look to my nail polish for answers. i would much rather get answers from everyone here. thanks to all!
Your nail polish isn't trying to give you answers. You are. The polish is just a coincidence that got your attention.

I find your mention of "faith" and "seek" and "surrender" interesting. Are you afraid to surrender yourself to your faith?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality