Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 10:36 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times

Advertisements

Do you think the teaching of evolution as the origin of life (evolving from a single cell) has led to the subconscious devaluing of human life?

It's taught so aggressively and believed blindly by many, there seems to be a malevolent supernatural influence.

I'm listening to a study and wondering if there are any other young earth creationists who find people dismissing your beliefs and holding tightly to evolution like doctrine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 03:38 AM

668 posts, read 690,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Do you think the teaching of evolution as the origin of life (evolving from a single cell) has led to the subconscious devaluing of human life?

It's taught so aggressively and believed blindly by many, there seems to be a malevolent supernatural influence.

I'm listening to a study and wondering if there are any other young earth creationists who find people dismissing your beliefs and holding tightly to evolution like doctrine.
The religion of evolution is lead by a strong force. Not the strongest but for those controlled by it it is hard to break from. We must always remember we war not against flesh and blood. These people are but pawns of the enemy. They need salvation and rescue from the evil that controls them.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:38 AM

400 posts, read 601,832 times

15 Questions for Evolutionists - YouTube

Old 11-28-2013, 07:41 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times
If anyone seriously thought about the process of evolution, it's total nonsense. Cells don't evolve into bodily functions. Species are not created from other species. It doesn't happen today because it has never happened.

The truth is God created, then each species procreates after its own kind. It still happens today as it has from the beginning of time on the earth.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:56 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
I can only suggest that anyone interested in coming to sound conclusions rather than soundbites to prop up Bible - literalist Faith, look at the arguments on both sides. They will soon find that the Creationists have NO sound evidence - None.

All they have in objections to evolution theory, and every single objection they raised turned out to be overdrawn, a misunderstanding or just plain wrong.

Now, I know that it seems to common sense unlikely that such a thing could happen that biochemicals could evolve into plants, animals and eventually us, but the fact is that astonishing things have turned out to be true. The evidence is that we did evolve over millions of years. And while I am aware that lock down examples of an inter -species change - say cats developing gliding membranes (1) are lacking and the evolutionary adaptations we see (developments of immunities is a common one) are more in the nature of 'Micro -evolution' (as it is called), the evidence is that, over hundreds of thousands of years, let alone millions, evolution did happen. The cumulative changes become so great that the creature looks different and the divergent families cannot interbreed. They become a 'different species'.

I have asked before for some good scientific evidence for creation - not objections to evolution, but FOR Creation. and have never had any. I have had to look for myself on Creationist websites, and I found desperately little. Note, 'The Bible says so' is not evidence.

(1) though the Creationists would just say 'That's just change, not evolution - they are still cats.'

Old 11-28-2013, 08:19 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
No.

Human life is devalued for all the same reasons it always has been --- greed, selfishness, and fear.

But one semantic nitpick: Evolution does not answer the question of human origins. It answers the question of the development of not just humanity, but all of the current lifeforms. But the origin of life is more in the realm of physics and philosophy.

Genesis is a great book that teaches Truth and is full of great drama, comedy, and profound insights on faith and humanity. But it's a theological work, not a scientific one. Genesis isn't a science book. It's a work of theology. Using Genesis as a scientific text would be like using Bob Dylan's "Blowin' in the Wind" to predict the weather.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:00 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:

Evolution doesn't address the origin of life. It addresses its progression.

No one "knows" (in the provable sense of the word) how life began.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:13 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
The point creationists need to consider is the difference between 6,000 years and 6,000,000,000 years. What has happened over what is really unimaginable time is really not that hard to understand when that time is taken into consideration.........the difference between "microevolution" and "macroevolution" is just time.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:18 AM

5,355 posts, read 5,132,164 times
Evolution does not devalue human life. Every one of us here is a human and every one of us can relate to another human. You can believe in sacredness and God using the process of evolution. The idea that something evolved vs just popped into being has nothing to do with divinity, sacredness, value...

Counter argument, the bible devalues animal life. After all, they don't have souls, so who are you telling me not to eat beef and chicken every meal of my life?

Old 11-28-2013, 10:33 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Counter argument, the bible devalues animal life. After all, they don't have souls, so who are you telling me not to eat beef and chicken every meal of my life?
The Bible states no such thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality