Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 03:38 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evesadam View Post
Yes, you do, you just don't recognize it. Jesus is a composite figure, based on the metaphor of a sun god, but is also incoporates elements of the historical biographies of julius caesar and titus. Jesus is also plagiarized from the old testament joseph.
I hadn't heard that theory of Jesus and find it interesting, especially the sun god metaphor. Thanks for bringing it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 03:38 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Yes, you do, you just don't recognize it. Jesus is a composite figure, based on the metaphor of a sun god, but is also incoporates elements of the historical biographies of julius caesar and titus. Jesus is also plagiarized from the old testament joseph.
Please stop telling me what I do.

I worship Jesus. He is God, The Son -- the 2nd person of the Trinity. The God that created the heavens, the earth, and the sun. He created Julius Caesar, and the rest of the world.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:57 PM

199 posts, read 591,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Please stop telling me what I do.

I worship Jesus. He is God, The Son -- the 2nd person of the Trinity. The God that created the heavens, the earth, and the sun. He created Julius Caesar, and the rest of the world.
Correct, only misspelled. You worship the Sun of God, not the son of god. Christianity is astro-theology, and jesus is the personification of the sun. It's that simple. The rest of it is just word play.

And it is the other way around: the romans invented jesus, as a tool of political pacification: 'turn the other cheek,' 'give unto caesar...'

Old 12-04-2013, 04:10 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Quote:
LOL, I am quite familiar with your M.O. and baiting tactics. Nonetheless, it was very useful for me to write up a summary for my own benefit.

As far as baby jesus, it is well established that this is simply astro-theology personified. The jesus story is sun worship in disguise.
You have no idea what you are talking about; Christians today, like Vizio, practice "Personality Worship" of their versions of Jesus, not the sun.

And pagans did nothing "dark" and "evil" -- that was "dark" and "evil" people that did those things, and those people converted to Christianity because of the possible benefits and the Roman Christian swords they feared.

The Roman pagans banned Bacchanalia, not the Christians. And "gluttony, drunkenness, sex" are not requirements in pagan religions but only in weak human spirits.

Saturnalia was a festival in the honor of Saturn who split the guts of his father Heaven and thus brought the divine down to earth, allowing the natural and supernatural to co-mingle. For those who don't care about their parent's stupid religions, it was just a festival where they could find quick happiness and release through "gluttony, drunkenness, sex" but that is a staple of Western culture because of their genes, not because of pagan religion. It was supposed to be a Day of remembering Freedom.

The Birthday of the Unconquerable Sol, December 25th, is just arbitrary and its due to governments realizing that the middle of the harsh Winter Solstice is a great time to put major festivals. Although Jesus was later associated with Sol to join the two false religions into one unifying false religion.

If carnivals near residencies were set up as State-tradition for Easter, there would be debauchery too... because it would no longer be about the family and would become solely about the economy and the private individual.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:18 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
I discussed this in detail as OP in this thread

//www.city-data.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2002011

Old 12-04-2013, 09:58 AM

You are very, very, very mad. Are you still mad? When you calm down, feel free to post again.

Actually, don't wait until you calm down. Post again while you are still mad. Your tantrums are immensely entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about; Christians today, like Vizio, practice "Personality Worship" of their versions of Jesus, not the sun.

And pagans did nothing "dark" and "evil" -- that was "dark" and "evil" people that did those things, and those people converted to Christianity because of the possible benefits and the Roman Christian swords they feared.

The Roman pagans banned Bacchanalia, not the Christians. And "gluttony, drunkenness, sex" are not requirements in pagan religions but only in weak human spirits.

Saturnalia was a festival in the honor of Saturn who split the guts of his father Heaven and thus brought the divine down to earth, allowing the natural and supernatural to co-mingle. For those who don't care about their parent's stupid religions, it was just a festival where they could find quick happiness and release through "gluttony, drunkenness, sex" but that is a staple of Western culture because of their genes, not because of pagan religion. It was supposed to be a Day of remembering Freedom.

The Birthday of the Unconquerable Sol, December 25th, is just arbitrary and its due to governments realizing that the middle of the harsh Winter Solstice is a great time to put major festivals. Although Jesus was later associated with Sol to join the two false religions into one unifying false religion.

If carnivals near residencies were set up as State-tradition for Easter, there would be debauchery too... because it would no longer be about the family and would become solely about the economy and the private individual.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
You are very, very, very mad. Are you still mad? When you calm down, feel free to post again.

Actually, don't wait until you calm down. Post again while you are still mad. Your tantrums are immensely entertaining.
Read the arguments again without a adhominum fallacy and maybe you'll learn from it. You are wrong about modern days christians and what Christmas now means to them. It doesn't matter how it was founded or what the activities were "originally" meant to mean.

Saturnalia was also meant to quell revolutionary thoughts because it celebrated "the revolution that already happened" although Iovis (Jupiter) committed a counter revolution himself against his father Saturn's growing tyranny; so people didn't necessarily respect Titan Saturn to keep his day holy. The vice of Gambling was allowed only on this day (carnivals), and masters would often allow their slaves to pretend to be the masters for this day.

Saturn might still have been respected by some as the Father of the new God Ju-piter, and to show the transition from the old rule and old laws of Saturn to the new law from his triumphant son Zeus (once a prince-god and now the King-God).

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 12-04-2013 at 09:13 PM..

Old 12-04-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Read the arguments again without a adhominum fallacy and maybe you'll learn from it. You are wrong about modern days christians and what Christmas now means to them. It doesn't matter how it was founded or what the activities were "originally" meant to mean.

Saturnalia was also meant to quell revolutionary thoughts because it celebrated "the revolution that already happened" although Iovis (Jupiter) committed a counter revolution himself against his father Saturn's growing tyranny; so people didn't necessarily respect Titan Saturn to keep his day holy. The vice of Gambling was allowed only on this day (carnivals), and masters would often allow their slaves to pretend to be the masters for this day.

Saturn might still have been respected by some as the Father of the new God Ju-piter, and to show the transition from the old rule and old laws of Saturn to the new law from his triumphant son Zeus (once a prince-god and now the King-God).
You don't have any arguments. You're just rambling and throwing out random comments, lol.

And there is no doubt that you were and are upset. Not my business why.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:26 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Origin of Christmas | The history of Christmas and how it began

Old 12-04-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
You don't have any arguments. You're just rambling and throwing out random comments, lol.

And there is no doubt that you were and are upset. Not my business why.
The point is that you are falsely smearing ancient religions and practices as well as modern ones. If you are so surely assured that I am angry and that matters to the legitimacy of my points then reread my comments and pretend you believe I am not angry and am trying to educate you about religions and the characteristics of the believes and meaning of their festivals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality