Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 01:19 AM

691 posts, read 641,460 times

Advertisements

In the beginning the Gods created the heavens and the earth.

No? Ok, So in the beginning the God created the heaven and the earth.

Hum, just a few scriptures down it is written, And God said, Let us make man in our image after our likeness. ???

O, So in the beginning there is God the Son and the Spirit, these three are not Gods but just one entity with three different manifestations that are the same entity. So is Jesus Christ the LORD God in Genesis 2? Nope

Apparently he wasn't born until the beginning because you were before the beginning, in the Spirit of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 08:06 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
I am hearing more and more about multiple Gods or gods, I don't know
which is correct grammatically.
Like a hierarchy....gods were given authority over 'things'...under the One God.
Many many believe the Yahweh of the Jews is one of these gods...thus
presented as angry, jealous, brutally vengeful and murderous, gee.
But, the One God is the blissful, loving God.
Too advanced for me..since I am not concerned with this Yahweh, as depicted...

Old 01-27-2014, 02:10 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,046,043 times
"The gods" is incorrect in Genesis 1:1, for while the form Elohim is a grammatically masculine plural form, it is used in the singular in this passage and without the definite article "the" as you seem to think, OP (whether that be "the gods" or "the God"). While it is used in other passages in the Hebrew Bible to refer to multiple gods, it is much more common to see it used to refer to the Israelite god (no matter how odd the grammatical construction).

I'm going to state right now that it in NO WAY indicates a trinity - an idea not found in the Hebrew Bible a single solitary time. If you think it does, OP, then you need to read up on the subject or study some Biblical Hebrew and stop reading back later Christian ideas into a text that never contained those ideas.

The passage in Genesis 3 does indeed have a plural usage contextually, and this makes it different from the other passages in which Elohim is used with singular modifiers - but again, no definite article and no hint of a trinity. It's more likely it's referring to the Divine Council.

This is a pretty short post, but much more could be added. Look up the Divine Council on Google or on this forum.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:29 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times
[quote=deadwood;33198093]In the beginning the Gods created the heavens and the earth.

Hum, just a few scriptures down it is written, And God said, Let us make man in our image after our likeness. ???

O, So in the beginning there is God the Son and the Spirit, these three are not Gods but just one entity with three different manifestations that are the same entity. So is Jesus Christ the LORD God in Genesis 2? Nope

Apparently he wasn't born until the beginning because you were before the beginning, in the Spirit of God.[/quote]

You have it all backwards, take a Bible class.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:12 PM

[quote=perry335654;33206458]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post

Apparently he wasn't born until the beginning because you were before the beginning, in the Spirit of God.[/quote]

You have it all backwards, take a Bible class.
Thank you in a big way, care to respond to my response.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I am hearing more and more about multiple Gods or gods, I don't know
which is correct grammatically.
Like a hierarchy....gods were given authority over 'things'...under the One God.
Many many believe the Yahweh of the Jews is one of these gods...thus
presented as angry, jealous, brutally vengeful and murderous, gee.
But, the One God is the blissful, loving God.
Too advanced for me..since I am not concerned with this Yahweh, as depicted...

Hey, sorry I couldn't reply sooner, seems lost all track of time. LOL

When you say God, do you mean the one true living GOD, whose Eternal Light flows from and in all things of this Universe? But if you mean a man, then that is to advanced for me, because the only state after eternity is absurdity. And I'll will let the absurdist speak on behalf of their own religion.

It is just a matter of perception, if the UN charter prohibits the any method which can manipulate or alter nature then I can't claim ignorance of the law as I sit here under home arrest for life with no chance of parole, but I can't deny what I did. But I can promise I'll never do it again.

Men of old spake as moved by the Holy Ghost, while today the speak as the are moved by the Spirit, while some can understand ( + ) and ( - ) as being the positive and negative current of electromagnetic particles.

However, the scientist shamed Christ with the rebuke of the scriptures over the earth being round while the servants of Christ held to the perception given in Genesis that the earth is flat.

Christ sent his Prophet to both Scientist and Theologians with this question, what did the Creator say upon the creation of this universe? And none stood nor opened their mouths and the Prophet said unto them, I hold these truths to be self-evident.

Spoiler

And the Prophet forgave them and got stoned.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:02 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Hi, when I say "God" I never mean a man and never place
Jesus in the same sentence.
Jesus was Jesus.
The Being that has created and maintains Universes is, I believe,
Who Jesus pointed to continually.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:39 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Adam was created in the image of God , and there for was God in the beginning , but the weakness of Adam was His downfall , as the devil deceived Adam and then Adam rebelled against God Words and made himself not in unity with God ...... Adam lingered for nine hundred years then he died , as the image of God was not complete in Adam ....So then the earth was handed over to the authority of the devil , until the messiah Lord Jesus came and took back what was lost , as Jesus became complete God as the Son of God and Saviour to man who could join Jesus and be sovereign with Jesus ....Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and active force for God in the earth

Old 02-01-2014, 07:39 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:

Apparently he wasn't born until the beginning because you were before the beginning, in the Spirit of God.
Actually, yes-- all 3 persons of the Trinity were present at the time of creation. When it says "God" created the Heavens and the earth it is not distinguishing between the individual members.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:07 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:

As whoppers said it has nothing to do with the Trinity but the Divine Council. The Council administered the affairs of the world and this is seen in many passages where God is assembled with them in order to direct them to some action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality