Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 12:25 AM

758 posts, read 851,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResistTheETIntervention View Post
Do you truly believe that no word of the bible was ever mistranslated, misinterpreted, edited intentionally, deleted, or added?
Well we have the dead sea scrolls - hmmm - that would be a great indicatoin eh? They found a scroll of the book of Isaiah that is 1000 years older than any other copy we have.

It is exact!

One thing people fail to consider is that God dictated the Torah to Moses letter by letter.

If just one letter is out of place or missing - Then the whole mathematical structure of the bible fails.

God wrote the book over thousands of years using 40 murdering misfits of society. For the most part none of them met any of the other authors. They wrote about every single controversial subject under the sun and they were all in perfect agreement with each other to produce a volume that is seamlessly woven together.

I guess you are trying to imply that it is beyond the capabilities of God to ensure his volume is the way he wants it.

I tend to disagree.

The Jews had two safeguards in place when making copies of the Ancient manuscripts.

For every line of text - there were numbers at the end of that text. Not only did the words have to match for every line written but the Hebrew gematria had to add up to the same exact sum for each line of text.

I have the utmost confidence in God - man corrupts everything he touches. Want proof ? One God = 9,846 different ways to worship him.

The bible is the inerrant Word of God!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 04:27 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,994,695 times
Quote:
Jesus Was not Son of God
This is a correct statement in the sense that God the Father was not Christ's
"physical" father.

However, the ppl of His day knew what Christ meant when He declared:

John 10: 36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Joh 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

When He called Himself the 'Son of God' He was claiming to be the Son written about in Isa. 9. And when He called Himself "son of Man" He was claiming to be the one written about in Dan.8.

Joh 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:01 PM

712 posts, read 2,148,457 times
Quote:
Jesus was not Son of God.
Depends how you look at it..? under the aspect of oneness.. sure it can be..

But yah..

I like this story of yeshua.. best version I ever heard.. and more like told from someone that was there! Not written in a book re-translated for 2,000 years..

Old 02-24-2014, 12:30 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,627,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Really? I've been to Sedona many times and have never had someone come up and say, "I was abducted by aliens." Drat. I'm always missing the good stuff.
Oh gosh Dew, didn't you see the Alien crafts over Phoenix. No need to go all the way to Sedona anymore.
Should have asked me, I would have hooked you up!

Phoenix Lights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
We made it to wiki

Top 10 Mass Sightings of UFOs | National Geographic Channel
We made it to 8th on the top 10 sightings list

All this time, the aliens were right under foot. Isn't that always the way things happen. Look all over for your glasses and guess what, yep, on your head.

I'll have you know I personally saw these lights and it was strange indeed. Especially the formation of them all. Everyone was pulling off to the side of the road and looking up. For a moment I felt that I was in a movie. Truly amazing thing. Alas, in the end no aliens actually came down and talked but the lights were enjoyable for sure.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,249,356 times
Nifty that you saw those lights, Poppy. I'd relish a similar experience.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:57 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,251,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post

I'll have you know I personally saw these lights and it was strange indeed. Especially the formation of them all. Everyone was pulling off to the side of the road and looking up. For a moment I felt that I was in a movie. Truly amazing thing. Alas, in the end no aliens actually came down and talked but the lights were enjoyable for sure.
You saw that? That's awesome. (I missed it. I was in L.A. when that happened.)

Old 02-25-2014, 06:42 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,100,822 times
Quote:
You must be among less than 20% who still live in the darkness of ignorance, as more than 80% of the population believe that the UFO/ET phenomenon is a reality. Perhaps you might like to do some research on the subject.

Former CIA agent discloses UFO secrets inhis deathbed – interview by Richard Dolan

Wherr do you get your statistics from?...CIA?...then it definately must be the truth...

Old 02-25-2014, 06:43 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,100,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I could not let this pass without checking...I was absolutely amazed that almost half of Americans (48%) believe in UFOs, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised since 46% believe in creation. One myth is as credible as another I suppose.
He said 80%...

Old 02-25-2014, 07:05 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,410,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
These stemwinding posts with novel reinterpretations of doctrine always come from someone with fewer than 10 posts who seems to be waking up from an altered state of consciousness convinced they have some new insight they must share with the world.

Bonus points for including space aliens in your theology ... nice move, that will really help with credibility.
I would have awarded more points if they had claimed that Jesus was really a female drag king.... and therefore not the Son of God, but the Daughter of God..

Old 03-06-2014, 06:19 PM

64 posts, read 64,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
The bible is the inerrant Word of God!
Are all parts of the bible (or any holy books for that matter) truly the “inerrant Word of God” whose authors (or whose receivers) and whose transcribers even biblical scholars are unsure of – and thus, its authenticity becomes less than certain? Who have chosen the books of the bible, and whose transcriptions and which editions of the bible are available to people really? Were all parts of all books of the bible God’s Word to begin with? How can anyone be sure? After all, they did not have the technology to audio-record the Revelation as it was given in those days in order to ensure that God’s Message be kept in its purity.

Only a few individuals were sent into the world as God’s Messengers in human history, though there have been other spiritual teachers (not necessarily religious leaders) and even non-religious people who have demonstrated selfless giving that contributed in keeping the light of Holy Spirit alive in the world.

Extraterrestrials have been “visiting “our world for millennia exploiting naïve human beings ignorant of extraterrestrial technology far beyond their comprehension. They exploited human beings’ religions and spiritual inclination and presented themselves as “gods” and demanded that human beings worship them and give human/animal blood and sacrifices as part of their religious rituals throughout the world and human history.

It’d shed a new light on your perspective to keep all of these in mind and ponder upon holy books, as well as all other aspects of life. God is God of all universes and in all dimensions. God of this scale is not so petty as to demand worshipping God and certainly has no use for human or animal sacrifices or blood. Nor would God’s Messengers seek to be deified or worshipped.

Having said that, I would like to emphasize that God has created many paths to God, as there are countless many races in the physical universe alone that are vastly different from each other in so many ways and could not possibly accept or practice one path to God, if they practiced spirituality at all. Even within this world, there are many paths to God. So if there are parts in the bible that resonates deep within you and feel that the path you’re on is a path to God, then by all means, you should follow it and study it wholeheartedly and deeply. What you want to adhere to, again, should be that which resonate deep within you, rather than some stories that fascinate you, or doctrines or laws that you abide by rigidly which are likely to keep you further away from the Spiritual Intelligence (Holy Spirit) within you, your deeper mind (as opposed to your surface mind, your intellect), than to bring you closer to it. What you want to know deep within your heart is that which gives you to serve others.

God does not care anything about religions. What matters is the practice and application of spirituality– the reclamation of Holy Spirit within individuals to fulfill their missions in their respective circumstances. So arguing and debating over how “true,” “most pleasing,” or “most acceptable” to God their religions are is a waste of time, particularly now, if the religions in question cannot serve humanity at this critical time in human history. The events of the Great Waves of Change that seem to be converging now will worsen and overwhelm people beyond their expectation. The Extraterrestrial Intervention has been weakening and dividing the human race by driving it into conflicts at every level of the human societies, and is awaiting the moment to present themselves as “god(s)” or “savior(s)” in order to overtake the world in its chaos. Can you see this occurring? Can you see what is coming over the horizon? We must cultivate mind's eye to see beyond what is visible to us.

Does any of the current religions warn the human race of the future that will be unlike the past? Do they prepare the human race for such future? Is any of the current religions in the world relevant to the circumstances the human race is facing now? Are you courageous enough and free enough to consider this without the fear that God may punish you for questioning them? For I assure you, it is God’s Will that you save yourselves and the world by pondering upon them and reclaiming the Spiritual Intelligence (a.k.a. Knowledge in the universe) within you, in order for you to fulfill the mission each one of you has come into the world to accomplish.

Would God leave the entire human race to meet the most challenging circumstances in human history without a warning, preparation, or blessings?

The answer is a resounding “No!”

Observe the world objectively to see what circumstances and time in human history you came into the world to serve. Continue to observe the world and ask yourself the question, “Why have I come into the world?” without providing immediate answers which are likely to be based on your fears, preferences, ambitions, wishes, or hopes. Then see what transpires deep within you.

Last edited by ResistTheETIntervention; 03-06-2014 at 06:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality