Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 09:57 PM

723 posts, read 869,060 times

Advertisements

So I just read an article about Malaysian muslims having a whinge about there having been dogs used in the opening of the commonwealth games:

Malaysian politicians claim it was offensive to Muslims to use dogs in Commonwealth Games | Mail Online

Apparently dogs are 'unclean', and an event held in Scotland and opened with a ceremony involving Scottish terriers has angered Malaysian muslims. This is the most pathetic muslim complaint I have heard yet. Are we supposed to give a flying **** about this? Does it not seem an incredibly arrogant complaint to make at an event where you are just one nation out of dozens - no one else should get to see the dogs because your bat**** cult doesn't like them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 11:48 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Guess the pulled pork didn't go over well then either?

Old 07-29-2014, 01:15 AM

723 posts, read 869,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Guess the pulled pork didn't go over well then either?
Frankly I hope it didn't. I'm starting to think that the easily offended deserve it and should be provoked for the entertainment of the rest of us.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:41 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,377,197 times
Think my first and only response to this thread was "what do you mean by 'anymore'?" as it implies I ever did care in the first place.

I see no reason to pander to offence when considering truth claims and building our society.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:09 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
I hope I'm not getting prejudiced, but I sometimes feel that they are getting used to playing the 'Let us tell you what to do or you are persecuting us' card, that religion loves to play.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:05 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,325,782 times
I personally think we give them too much respect. If they don't like Scottie dogs being shown in SCOTLAND, for Christ's sake, then they can catch the first plane back to Malaysia.

As a immigrant myself, I have NO sympathy, empathy, or respect for any moron who chooses to visit or live in someone ELSE'S country and then complain about the cultures and customs that offend them - and worse yet, to expect that nation to change their ways just for you.

Do you really think a Westerner would get any respect if he should complain about some Malaysian custom? No, that Westerner would probably end up in jail, flogged, deported, or executed.

If those Muslims don't like dogs, then they are free not to attend the games. Period. But I couldn't give a damn if those sanctimonious pinheads are offended or not.

In fact, for next year's games, I would make sure there were dogs all over the place. I might even make up some bogus security concerns just as an excuse to have sniffer dogs there - and let them climb all over those Muslims, sniffing away until their "uncleanliness" got all over their clothes. The more drool, eye pus, dog hair, nose slime, and transferred dingleberries, the better.

Yeah, I can be vindictive that way - but it is a peeve of mine when foreigners come to a new nation and then expect the locals to change what they do, what they say, what they eat, how they live just so that a bunch of foreign visitors are happy. That takes a gutsy stupidity that ought to earn some people a deportation.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:44 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
Take something one Muslim says, extend it to all Muslims. Seems legit.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:12 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,558,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Take something one Muslim says, extend it to all Muslims. Seems legit.
As in one Christian preaching in a muslim nation, so all Christians need to be expelled or executed?

Old 07-29-2014, 09:19 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Does anyone have any sympathy left for 'offended muslims' anymore?

Depends on the offense.

In the instance noted - nope, no sympathy.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:35 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,365,762 times
I have about as much sympathy for offended Muslims as I do offended Christians.

All those Abrahamists have an asinine set of societal rules that just don't jibe with my tolerant radical-traditionalist European belief system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality