Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 06:30 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times

Advertisements

What if Satanist always whined about Christians/Muslims battering Satan in the same way Christians/Muslims cry foul anytime anyone remotely says something disparaging about Christianity or Islam? After all, Satan gets blamed for a whole lot of things he never did or doesn't do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 07:38 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,034 times
You know, I've noticed that also: The devil is supposed to be so evil, yet never flooded the world, sent a series of plagues, called upon his followers to wipe out entire cities. I can't really see where the devil ever did anything all that bad, at least in comparison.

But I don't think that Satanism really acknowledges a real devil. I think a lot of it is name. Now I can't be too sure on that, but I was under the impression that they don't really follow Satan the way religious folks follow god.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:53 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,865 times
To be a "true satanist" I guess one must also believe in the other deity(ies). All the woo woo stuff concerning teh dark side comes from the theists, who BTW invented satan just like they invented their ICM*

Invisible Cosmic Magician*

But I agree with cleatis, on the overall assessment, he comes across less horrific then Nahweh

Old 12-22-2009, 10:04 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,385,202 times
Modern satanists do not believe in satan.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:17 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
It's interesting that so many christians/muslims think it's okay to mock other religious beliefs, but then they get 'hurt' and offended when someone does it to their pet belief. It's a rather hypocritical stance. While not a christian/muslim example, this reminds me of the scientology episode of Southpark. Isaac Hayes had no problem when the show made fun of other religions, but when it came to making fun of his religion, then he got all offended and defensive. This sort of thinking seems to happen in many religious sects. Theistic satanism considers Satan to be a deity which is thus worshipped. It would be interesting to see the reaction of christians/muslims if satanists vocalized being offended when their beliefs are mocked. They would probably think that the satanists are being to sensitive and over reacting. Kind of ironic.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:25 PM

20 posts, read 27,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
You know, I've noticed that also: The devil is supposed to be so evil, yet never flooded the world, sent a series of plagues, called upon his followers to wipe out entire cities. I can't really see where the devil ever did anything all that bad, at least in comparison.
ah,but god only flooded the world because man kind had become wicked(much like today get an ark ready!)he brought plagues on the pharoh for refusing to set the enslaved jews free. satan is what causes the wicked deeds of man. we do of course have a choice but just as friends and family can influence decisions god and satan can aswell. god was just cleaning satans mess.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:34 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookhunter01 View Post
ah,but god only flooded the world because man kind had become wicked(much like today get an ark ready!)he brought plagues on the pharoh for refusing to set the enslaved jews free. satan is what causes the wicked deeds of man. we do of course have a choice but just as friends and family can influence decisions god and satan can aswell. god was just cleaning satans mess.
And if we continue with Christian thinking here (at least in some circles), satan was just doing what god supposedly orchestrated and under god's watch. We have been told many times that "satan CANNOT do anything that god does not allow."

Old 12-31-2009, 10:48 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
ah,but god only flooded the world because man kind had become wicked.....
Which he knew would happen before he even started out.

Quote:
....he brought plagues on the pharoh for refusing to set the enslaved jews free.
....after hardening Pharaoh's heart to prevent him setting them free. I thing the story goes that Pharaoh was prepared to let them go but your loving, merciful god saw that if he did, he (god) would have no excuse to slaughter the enemies of the Jews....so he hardened Pharaohs heart so that he would have an excuse to kick arse.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
But god created Satan. And god also created man knowing that we would be susceptible. Even if Satan is the one that bends our will towards wickedness, that is still a result of god. It's like beating up your kids' guinea pig because they didn't clean its cage.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Which he knew would happen before he even started out.

....after hardening Pharaoh's heart to prevent him setting them free. I thing the story goes that Pharaoh was prepared to let them go but your loving, merciful god saw that if he did, he (god) would have no excuse to slaughter the enemies of the Jews....so he hardened Pharaohs heart so that he would have an excuse to kick arse.
Sounds a lot like he bent the free will rule
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality