Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2014, 10:13 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
I think all we're left with is absurdity...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lmi4YJo1tU
Should be required viewing for every fundavangelist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 08:34 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Unfortunately this video reminded me of the way I used to think. And it is painful for me to see others in my past shoes. The cynicism of someone making fun of Joshua a soldier of God the most High. And commenting about morality in a time of war.
Being a veteran it makes me wonder how people would remember me. I served my county as a patriot of liberty and freedom. The people of Israel fought for the same.
And shame on me if I found a wife in another county and brought her here and raised kids. This immorality is above and beyond my right. Not to mention having to kill children because they have been used as a shield. Not to mention having to kill them because they are carrying weapons.
I warn you war is not a thing you speak of lightly.
If you wish to take things in to context use real life. Not vain imagination of history.
So yeah there is no such thing as morality. And so can an Atheist Truly tell me where morality exist.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:42 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Should be required viewing for every fundavangelist.
I tried to watch it and got about 30 seconds in before it got laughable. The issue is the same issue that we've been saying this entire thread. How is it possible for someone to state that the God of the Bible is immoral and psychopathic? Or worse yet, the "most psycopathic"? You have no standard by which to judge that, other than your own opinion.

How does this guy know that Prager was wrong to call it the "most moral" story ever? Prager's opinion is just as relevant as anyone else's.

This is where the problem lies for any of the atheist types that try to rant and rave about God's supposed immorality. When it comes down to it, they don't have a leg to stand on in the argument.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I tried to watch it and got about 30 seconds in before it got laughable.
It got even funnier. I guess laughing makes you uncomfortable?

Quote:
The issue is the same issue that we've been saying this entire thread. How is it possible for someone to state that the God of the Bible is immoral and psychopathic? Or worse yet, the "most psycopathic"? You have no standard by which to judge that, other than your own opinion.

How does this guy know that Prager was wrong to call it the "most moral" story ever? Prager's opinion is just as relevant as anyone else's.

This is where the problem lies for any of the atheist types that try to rant and rave about God's supposed immorality. When it comes down to it, they don't have a leg to stand on in the argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Old 10-28-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
It got even funnier. I guess laughing makes you uncomfortable?
No...I always get told that it's us religious folk that can't think correctly....while it's clearly the atheist crowd that appears to be incapable of simple logic. What it comes down to is that their position is an emotional reaction instead of logic.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
No...I always get told that it's us religious folk that can't think correctly....while it's clearly the atheist crowd that appears to be incapable of simple logic. What it comes down to is that their position is an emotional reaction instead of logic.
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:40 AM

271 posts, read 384,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post

Because, no, Vizio, you do NOT get to argue from the vantage of assuming God exists - which is what you're doing. You might believe with all your heart that God exists. But ... that's just your opinion. It isn't mine.
Who did create the heavens and the earth if it was not God?
Maybe there is something to this Christianity thing that's been around for so many years and so many of us believe in.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:42 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.
Ha, ha, +1 for BL reference.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron60 View Post
Who did create the heavens and the earth if it was not God?
Maybe there is something to this Christianity thing that's been around for so many years and so many of us believe in.
They don't have an answer to that, and they will vehemently defend their illogical position.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
They don't have an answer to that, and they will vehemently defend their illogical position.
They do have an answer: Nobody knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality