Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2014, 02:35 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I'm making no claims about the act, nor making any judgments, I'm simply asking you about your claims.
God commanded it...so yes--to the people that he commanded it, it was correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
In this thread - post #273. In that post I linked another thread where I and others have dealt with you on these same issues - you just keep denying an repeating yourself while not answering our questions nor demonstrating your god or these objective moral values exist. And I already pointed out a dozen times that your own words undermined your own position. If you need to review these facts then take the time to re-read this and the other thread - I am tired of repeating myself and trying to get you to answer my own questions.
You ask why different Christians think different things when they all claim to follow the Bible? Is that the quesiton?

Old 09-10-2014, 02:38 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,696,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
God commanded it...so yes--to the people that he commanded it, it was correct.
So, according to you, is this still a moral act?

Old 09-10-2014, 02:39 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
You ask why different Christians think different things when they all claim to follow the Bible? Is that the quesiton?
Sorry Vizio POST # 723

Old 09-10-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
So, according to you, is this still a moral act?
For all ancient Israelites living under the Mosaic Law to do that? Yes. Can you tell me it isn't?

Of course, since Jesus fulfilled the Law, it is no longer in effect....so the hypothetical situation won't happen.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
In this thread - post #723. In that post I linked another thread where I and others have dealt with you on these same issues - you just keep denying an repeating yourself while not answering our questions nor demonstrating your god or these objective moral values exist. And I already pointed out a dozen times that your own words undermined your own position. If you need to review these facts then take the time to re-read this and the other thread - I am tired of repeating myself and trying to get you to answer my own questions.
This is the new apologetics, as promoted by Eric Hovind, his prison bird father, Kent Hovind, and Sye Ten Bruggencate, their last resort.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
For all ancient Israelites living under the Mosaic Law to do that? Yes. Can you tell me it isn't?
But, you seem to believe that God's morality is objective and absolute, meaning that it is universally valid and unchangeable. Does your statement that it doesn't pertain to modern Gentiles not contradict your claim?

Old 09-10-2014, 02:44 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
This is the new apologetics, as promoted by Eric Hovind, his prison bird father, Kent Hovind, and Sye Ten Bruggencate, their last resort.
The most annoying apologetic ever devised. Fortunately, it too has been soundly refuted and torn asunder.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
But, you seem to believe that God's morality is objective and absolute, meaning that it is universally valid and unchangeable.
Have I ever suggested that God's commands given to one group of people will ALWAYS be the same as to every other group?
Quote:

Does your statement that it doesn't pertain to modern Gentiles not contradict your claim?
No. God had a set of commandments for Israel than the rest of the world. He doesn't tell the Hittites, for instance, to do that.

This page explains it....if you are willing to read.

If God does not change, then why do his moral laws change? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

Old 09-10-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Have I ever suggested that God's commands given to one group of people will ALWAYS be the same as to every other group?

No. God had a set of commandments for Israel than the rest of the world. He doesn't tell the Hittites, for instance, to do that.

This page explains it....if you are willing to read.

If God does not change, then why do his moral laws change? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry
From Matt Slick:
Quote:
The answer is simple. Not eating pork and not wearing clothes woven of two kinds of material are not moral issues. Instead, they are commands aimed at ancient Israel as examples of cultural and spiritual separation from the unbelieving world. Lying, stealing, homosexuality, bestiality, etc., are issues of morality that deal with all people--everywhere. Let me show you.
So, are you placing "beating your children to death for disobedience" in the same category as "not eating pork" or in the "lying, stealing, homosexuality, beastiality, ect.." category?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality