Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:13 AM

897 posts, read 2,458,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
1. When and where were you born and what date did you die (ok a bit compound, but as a "historical" figure the absence to these simple questions has always concerned me)
2. Why didn't you write anything?
3. Is the bible remotely accurate in describing the details of your life and beliefs asuming you existed?
answer to question 2:actually he did it was removed from the original cannons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 05:13 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,519,519 times
Default Cosmic Hide n' Seek

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
answer to question 2:actually he did it was removed from the original cannons.

Why would God allow this then, for any truth to be removed? Makes no sense, if he wanted to be known, and not to stop that.

It is like someone wanting their cake and eat it too.

Believe in me, but I won't let you have any evidence. And will damn you for eternity if you don't find me.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:35 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,666,656 times
I wouldn't ask a question, I would merely invite him to my table and share a meal with him, nothing more would be necessary.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:25 AM

897 posts, read 2,458,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Why would God allow this then, for any truth to be removed? Makes no sense, if he wanted to be known, and not to stop that.

It is like someone wanting their cake and eat it too.

Believe in me, but I won't let you have any evidence. And will damn you for eternity if you don't find me.
Well you have to read about the history of making the bible. I am not going to comment on it because it is off topic but If you want a starting point check out this web page: Messiah Truth: A Jewish Response to Missionary Groups

Old 01-09-2008, 10:37 AM

22,272 posts, read 19,263,570 times
I thought of one more:

If I have already lived many past lives, why do I keep coming back?

Old 01-09-2008, 12:10 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,724,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwflconch View Post
the devil is causing all the troubles in the world
I respectfully disagree. There is something called free will. We all have it, and we all use it. There is also something called sin. We all sin, plain and simple. The devil does not have the ability to be in all places at the same time. We are responsible for the wars, we are responsible for the bad things in this world. Yes, the devil exists. But to lay all the blame on him is not correct. We will be held accountable for everything we did and said.

And, I like best what ptsum said. "I'd invite him in for dinner". I agree. But do remember that it does say "ask and you will receive". And we're not talking lottery numbers or a new car. You want that kinda stuff go talk to the devil...I betcha' he'll help you out there.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:19 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,666,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
I thought of one more:

If I have already lived many past lives, why do I keep coming back?
because you have not learned or accomplished everything that you were meant to do.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:04 PM

638 posts, read 2,281,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
Here's the deal, Jesus has agreed to appear in this day and age and answer three questions for you. What three questions would you ask Jesus? It's the real deal, he's really Jesus, and it is 2007 here and now. What would you ask Jesus? I don't know about you but I've got some questions that I would like addressed, such as:

1. What about the hidden books of the Bible that were removed by the church and are hidden in the basement of the Vatican?

2. What about the other half of the Lord's Prayer that includes the female aspect of God?

3. How can I distinguish between the true teachings of Christ and what many Christian churches are marketing as such?
WOW. You asked three of the questions I would very much like answered myself! I would add:

4. Who were the essenes really, was what they wrote in the dead sea scrolls the truth that the church was burying?

5. Would you ever treat homosexuals as outcasts or lesser people? Because I don't think you would.

6. Would you support a wall keeping people out of the US? Would you support country borders anywhere? Because I don't think you would.

These may seem heavy and difficult questions, but that doesn't make them any less relevant.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:45 PM

559 posts, read 1,325,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
I agree, would ask the same question.
Well, Im not saying this is the answer, but I think i remember hearing this in bible study or somewhere, I think that our world here is meant to be far from perfect. God made humans imperfect and there is sin in the world (adam and eve), therefore an imperfect world. That is why we must work to get to heaven, where things are perfect.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:54 PM

278 posts, read 910,884 times
Just a thought....but why doesn't anyone think they can't ask Him their questions now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality