Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 11:14 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,290,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The Jews had been scattered to the 4 winds of the Earth.

They were even put in ovens.

They were to be punished for their own reasons, and they lost their authority, their city, their nations.

They went out and were persecuted for 2000 years.

God has accomplished an Exodus, and this is a miracle, because it could not have happened but by the cruelest humans, and pure evil.

By the works of pure evil, the world was astonished at the propensity of evil that dwells within man.

Because this evil was so horrendous and unbelievable, the nations decided to accomplish the impossible.

The land of Israel was given back to the people of Israel.

It matters very little what math you put to this.

The fact being that after 2000 years, and after God had said that he would bring them back and make them a nation again, PROOVES their Exodus.

Math doesn't enter into it.

If somebody wants to deny the truth, let them.

The truth being, that after 2000 years, God fulfilled what he said he was going to do even though it was impossible.

Had the evil not taken place, and had the world not been so damned repulsed, it would have never happened, Israel would still not be gathered, but they are.

That's the fact of the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04

Dude, I wasn't the one who put math to it. You added it to your little post in which you lied to try to prove a point. Rather then actually being an adult and admitting you made a mistake, you chose to say the math didn't matter. If it didn't matter, then why did you mention it in the first place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 12:58 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,930,909 times
Some say the Moses myth was only an adaptation of Sargon the Great.
Similarities between the Neo-Assyrian Sargon Birth Legend and other infant birth exposures in ancient literature, including Moses, Karna, and Oedipus, were noted by Otto Rank in 1909.[44] The legend was also studied in detail by Brian Lewis, and compared with a number of different examples of the infant birth exposure motif found in European and Asian folk tales. He discusses a possible archetype form, giving particular attention to the Sargon legend and the account of the birth of Moses.[17] Joseph Campbell has also made such comparisons.[45]
Source

Old 11-13-2014, 08:39 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,245,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Some say the Moses myth was only an adaptation of Sargon the Great.
Similarities between the Neo-Assyrian Sargon Birth Legend and other infant birth exposures in ancient literature, including Moses, Karna, and Oedipus, were noted by Otto Rank in 1909.[44] The legend was also studied in detail by Brian Lewis, and compared with a number of different examples of the infant birth exposure motif found in European and Asian folk tales. He discusses a possible archetype form, giving particular attention to the Sargon legend and the account of the birth of Moses.[17] Joseph Campbell has also made such comparisons.[45]
Source
The parallels are in his being put into a basket in a river and being raised by royalty. Apart from that, the traditions are quite different.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:35 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04

Dude, I wasn't the one who put math to it. You added it to your little post in which you lied to try to prove a point. Rather then actually being an adult and admitting you made a mistake, you chose to say the math didn't matter. If it didn't matter, then why did you mention it in the first place?

I haven't made a mistake in math, I have a timeline, but the modern exodus does not rely on my timeline.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:31 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,430,436 times
This looks like where the moses story came from.

The Real Mount Sinai Found in Saudi Arabia - YouTube

Old 11-22-2014, 05:11 AM

2,781 posts, read 2,675,145 times
She was commanded to make a basket for Moses.
She nursed him, put him into the basket, then went to the shore of the Nile and threw it into the water. Her .........

for the detailed story of Prophet Moses peace be upon him read Story of Prophet Musa/Moses and Haroon/Aaron (pbut)

Old 11-22-2014, 06:11 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
This looks like where the moses story came from.

The Real Mount Sinai Found in Saudi Arabia - YouTube
That is a very nice video and the argument is certainly persuasive. Neverthelsess it is odd that these protagonists seem to claim it as all their own work when we know that the Jebl laws site was first proposed by Ron Wyatt, and the main doubt is about the supposed remains of Moses' camp. Especially the supposed 'Calf altar'.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
She was commanded to make a basket for Moses.
She nursed him, put him into the basket, then went to the shore of the Nile and threw it into the water. Her .........

for the detailed story of Prophet Moses peace be upon him read Story of Prophet Musa/Moses and Haroon/Aaron (pbut)
The Moses story is so uncannily similar to the story of Sargon of Akkad that it seems likely that the writers of Exodus lifted it to provide a childhood for Moses, a Jew who rose to be one of the top Egyptian official.

1. Sargon, the mighty king, king of Akkadê am I,
2. My mother was lowly; my father I did not know;
3. The brother of my father dwelt in the mountain.
4. My city is Azupiranu, which is situated on the bank of the Purattu [Euphrates],
5. My lowly mother conceived me, in secret she brought me forth.
6. She placed me in a basket of reeds, she closed my entrance with bitumen,
7. She cast me upon the rivers which did not overflow me.
8. The river carried me, it brought me to Akki, the irrigator.
9. Akki, the irrigator, in the goodness of his heart lifted me out,...

Old 11-22-2014, 06:56 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,430,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
That is a very nice video and the argument is certainly persuasive. Neverthelsess it is odd that these protagonists seem to claim it as all their own work when we know that the Jebl laws site was first proposed by Ron Wyatt, and the main doubt is about the supposed remains of Moses' camp. Especially the supposed 'Calf altar'.
I can understand lots of doubt here, as it looks like whatever happened here was long before it was turned into a book.
We ate left with whatever the writers can gleen out of what's there, and how it fits into their political cause.

Too many similarities to dismiss it, but as usual, not enough to prove it.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
I can understand lots of doubt here, as it looks like whatever happened here was long before it was turned into a book.
We ate left with whatever the writers can gleen out of what's there, and how it fits into their political cause.

Too many similarities to dismiss it, but as usual, not enough to prove it.
Yes. In my discussion with the late, great C42, he referred to 'joining the dots'. This is something of the method for following the trail of clues to Jebl Laws. There is also the point of starting with a picture and looking for the dots that will fit it. It is handy for the Saudi theory that there is a land -bridge at the south end of the Eastern branch of the Red sea (I'm not sure by the way, was that where Wyatt claims Solomon set up his commemorative column?). There are references to a range of mountains that enables the whole of the Sinai peninsula to be by -passed, but Exodus says that Philistia was avoided which suggests going south into the Sinai desert around the mountains in (Later) Edom and to canaan round the back, from the east. Which is what is supposed to have actually happened - the hebrew tribes came down from their mountains from the east.

The fact is that the Moses story does not convince and the Jebl Laws site does not convince. The trip in between can be made to look good if you pick the dots and join them, but there are serious reasons to doubt the whole exodus story.

One telling one is the reference to avoiding Philistia which was only established in the Egyptian new kingdom, and israel seems already to have existed at the time (Merneptah 'IsraeL' stele), but I still thought that some kind of exodus even was probably true in a garbled way until it became clear that Egypt ruled all that area up to Mesopotamia so a Joshua -style Conquest didn't seem likely. And the archeology seems to indicate that the Hebrews appeared as herdsmen in the mountains and came down into the plain, rather than marched in from Egypt.

I may mention that the attempts to Prove the Exodus story by reference to the Ahmose tempest inscription ..or was it a papyrus?...have fallen flat. That merely referred to him restoring temples after the defeat of the Hyksos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality