Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 10:00 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,978,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
The only thing I can think of when I read your response is 'cherry picking' Christians. So common. They just fashion a God that they want to believe in and feel comfortable with. They then choose the passages to support this belief. All of this just makes me more confident in the belief that the idea of "God" is a product of the human brain and it's imagination and not an entity in reality.
Well Texan one can label Him a psychopath all one wants but one will face Him on judgement day, hope all goes well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 10:03 AM

20,292 posts, read 13,692,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Well Texan you can label Him a psycopath all you want but you will face Him on judgement day, hope all goes well.
You hope no such thing. You hope that he burns, burns, burns because you have otherized him for that very purpose. You are looking forward to it, as you'll be proven right(eous) at his expense.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:12 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,032,196 times
Quote:
Well Texan one can label Him a psychopath all one wants but one will face Him on judgement day, hope all goes well.

^^^^^^
Exhibit W

Old 11-22-2014, 10:17 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,769,675 times
Quote:
Shall I define exactly how the dictionary defines a psychopath and a sociopath and then quote a number of Bible passages to support this idea, or would that be a waste of time? Virgins as spoils of war, delighting in the killing of infants, children and everybody else, delighting in the killing of animals, etc. These are the very acts that if a human did them, would sentence them to multiple life sentences in prison. The God of the Bible should be sentenced to war crimes against humanity and crimes against infants, children and others. In other words, crimes that psychopaths commit. You can makes excuses all you want and tell me I'm going to some non existent place called hell, but at least I have more self respect for myself than to worship a psychopath.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:29 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,769,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
^^^^^^
Exhibit W
Personally I believe that most Christians are far more moral than the God they worship. That's the sick and psychologically damaging thing about Christianity. This 'worthless sinner' mentality where humans can't possibly measure up to the supposed all holy and good God. Supposed being the operative word here. What do I know though...the atheist hell bound worthless sinner that I am...lol

Old 11-22-2014, 10:31 AM

6,321 posts, read 4,349,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
You hope no such thing. You hope that he burns, burns, burns because you have otherized him for that very purpose. You are looking forward to it, as you'll be proven right(eous) at his expense.
I think I'm in love. Marry me, mordant!

Old 11-22-2014, 10:46 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,032,196 times
Quote:
Personally I believe that most Christians are far more moral than the God they worship. That's the sick and psychologically damaging thing about Christianity. This 'worthless sinner' mentality where humans can't possibly measure up to the supposed all holy and good God. Supposed being the operative word here. What do I know though...the atheist hell bound worthless sinner that I am...lol
Most are, no thanks to the Bible, but rather, the humane laws that HUMANS have implemented over the centuries in their attempts to civilize themselves. For example, it was the League of Nations, not the bible, mind you, that came up with a charter that prohibits the sale of human beings. That's well over 3,000 years since the earliest referring contents of the bible which says zilch in favor of a TOTAL prohibition of the institution.

Last edited by InsaneInDaMembrane; 11-22-2014 at 11:32 AM..

Old 11-22-2014, 10:57 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,443,437 times
Quote:

When God created man.

"She" was only kidding.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:59 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,443,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Most are no thanks to the Bible, but rather, the humane laws that HUMANS have implemented over the centuries in their attempts to civilize themselves. For example, it was the League of Nations, not the bible, mind you, that came up with a charter that prohibits the sale of human beings. That's well over 3,000 years since the earliest referring contents of the bible which says zilch in favor of a TOTAL prohibition of the institution.

It was the curse of Hamm, ( actually the curse of Cannon), in Genesis, the good Christians in America used to justify slavery.

Old 11-22-2014, 11:06 AM

20,499 posts, read 12,896,170 times
Quote:
I ask this question about the average Christian sitting in the pews every Sunday with their pastor, minister or preacher telling them about this merciful, loving God....the God that is all good and all holy. Do they not know of the Bible passages where God takes delight in killing humans, taking others as spoils of war, etc. I seriously don't get the disconnect. Discussion?
Perhaps Christians know something about God you don't. How else can you explain how a reasonable, educated person would worship such a god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality