Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 12:45 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If unicorns and leprechauns really do exist as God exists and my bank account exists then your idea may have merit.
God and your bank account don't exist in the same way. Unicorns/leprechauns and your bank account don't exist in the same way. Anyone can reach out and touch your money (if given the opportunity) in a tangible way. And that means literally anybody. Not a select group and not based on anything mystical. Even a newborn baby with zero comprehension of what's going on, much less the ability to make some theological choice, can be brushed up against actual, physical money and actual, physical bank statements.

Unicorns and leprechauns "really do (or do not) exist" as God "really" exists (or does not exist). Neither of these groups exist as your bank account exists.

You really don't have the capacity to understand that? You are using semantics, but are semantics going to make God real?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 12:46 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,300,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
No, if I refuse to give you the information you need to check my bank account, there is no way you can prove I have no money in my account.

Likewise if God doesn't want to reveal Himself to you, you will be oblivious of His existence.
Sure i can.
i can get a court order to look at your account. (give it up. your example is not intelligent)

ps. how do you know it's not ODIN that doesn't want to reveal himself to you?

Last edited by Thinking-man; 12-09-2014 at 01:00 PM..

Old 12-09-2014, 12:55 PM

360 posts, read 234,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
Science may not know the answer now, and it may never find out for a fact 'how' the universe came about 14.7 billion years ago...but it strives to finding out the truth. If presented with facts and evidence, science changes its 'mind'.

so oldsport, how did your 'gawd' come about? if the answer is that he's always existed, why not skip this step and just say that the universe has always existed?

ps. if you truly do have an advanced science degree, you should really give it back!
That is not a nice remark.

Prove the universe has always existed. If you know anything about physical laws, you would know about the laws of entropy. They prove the universe has never been and can never be eternal. As long as matter and energy progress and change we have a finite universe. Then there is the time line issue. Science claims it all came from the big bang. If we have a beginning of time, there is no eternity. Scientist like Krauss distort facts when they claim they can prove everything came from nothing. Krauss claims everything did come from nothing. However, his definition of nothing is space where virtual particles popped out of. From there it all began. Krauss, however, fails to explain where space came from. To date, there is no natural science theory WITH EVIDENCE to explain how something came from nothing (the beginning of everything). The problem for science is physical laws explaining matter and energy. Nothing stays the same! There is no evidence for an eternal universe.

The answer is God created the universe from nothing. Well, that is from his essence. Nothing is a human word having nothing, ha. ha. to do with God. This next question any good atheist would ask. Where did God come from? Here is where the human brain shuts down. We cannot comprehend eternity because we cannot think beyond our finite brains. God is beyond human understanding. All we know is there is all that stuff out there. Where did it come from? Even with a more advanced tool box, science can't figure it out.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl012 View Post
That is not a nice remark.

Prove the universe has always existed. If you know anything about physical laws, you would know about the laws of entropy. They prove the universe has never been and can never be eternal. As long as matter and energy progress and change we have a finite universe. Then there is the time line issue. Science claims it all came from the big bang. If we have a beginning of time, there is no eternity. Scientist like Krauss distort facts when they claim they can prove everything came from nothing. Krauss claims everything did come from nothing. However, his definition of nothing is space where virtual particles popped out of. From there it all began. Krauss, however, fails to explain where space came from. To date, there is no natural science theory WITH EVIDENCE to explain how something came from nothing (the beginning of everything). The problem for science is physical laws explaining matter and energy. Nothing stays the same! There is no evidence for an eternal universe.

The answer is God created the universe from nothing. Well, that is from his essence. Nothing is a human word having nothing, ha. ha. to do with God. This next question any good atheist would ask. Where did God come from? Here is where the human brain shuts down. We cannot comprehend eternity because we cannot think beyond our finite brains. God is beyond human understanding. All we know is there is all that stuff out there. Where did it come from? Even with a more advanced tool box, science can't figure it out.
it may not be a 'nice remark' but you should really give back any "advanced science degree" you fooled someone into giving you!

ps. i don't have to 'prove' anything. i don't have to 'prove' the universe has always existed. it exists now, and that's all that matters to me. (and unlike your 'gawd', i can see and touch the universe....okay? get that? lol)

also, you can say all you want about "gawd is beyond human understanding...". no, that's your 'brain' fighting the illogical ideas you seem to have about an imaginary friend.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
it may not be a 'nice remark' but you should really give back any "advanced science degree" you fooled someone into giving you!

ps. i don't have to 'prove' anything. i don't have to 'prove' the universe has always existed. it exists now, and that's all that matters to me. (and unlike your 'gawd', i can see and touch the universe....okay? get that? lol)

also, you can say all you want about "gawd is beyond human understanding...". no, that's your 'brain' fighting the illogical ideas you seem to have about an imaginary friend.
Go ahead, put me in my place, present a natural science explanation for the universe. See you can't!
Talk is cheap.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Go ahead, put me in my place, present a natural science explanation for the universe. See you can't!
Talk is cheap.
Go ahead, put me in my place, present a natural science explanation for the gawd. See you can't!
Talk is cheap.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Talk is cheap.
He can't...and neither can I, and neither can you, but not being able to explain it doesn't mean there is only one other possible answer. Even if there were (which is silly), there would be no reason to believe that one possible alternate answer must be the Biblical God (or any god as we understand gods).

How can you not be understanding this?

I feel like the boards are possessed today. What is up with deliberately not "getting" obvious things? Is there a full moon?

Old 12-09-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
He can't...and neither can I, and neither can you, but not being able to explain it doesn't mean there is only one other possible answer. Even if there were (which is silly), there would be no reason to believe that one possible alternate answer must be the Biblical God (or any god as we understand gods).

How can you not be understanding this?

I feel like the boards are possessed today. What is up with deliberately not "getting" obvious things? Is there a full moon?
Of course I know science can't explain it, so why don't atheist leave it alone. In the meantime, I refuse to give up my sky fairy. Sorry, for the grieve it causes atheists. There is no other explanation. God created the universe. To be clear, that God is the Old Testament Lord.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:32 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,980,170 times
Quote:
Sure i can.
i can get a court order to look at your account. (give it up. your example is not intelligent)
No you can't.

Quote:
ps. how do you know it's not ODIN that doesn't want to reveal himself to you?
Because He said His name is Yahweh.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Of course I know science can't explain it, so why don't atheist leave it alone. In the meantime, I refuse to give up my sky fairy. Sorry, for the grieve it causes atheists. There is no other explanation. God created the universe. To be clear, that God is the Old Testament Lord.
Why don't atheists leave it alone? The search for the origin of the universe? Because it's fascinating!

Or did you mean "why don't atheists leave alone the fact that Christians insist God must have created the universe?" Well, I assume (I don't know every atheist on the planet) because it puzzles them that anyone would stop at something unprovable; IOW, that anyone would be happy to not actually want to know. People (of any, or no, religious affiliation) are curious. Many of us want to know about origins and are fascinated about them. Being asked to stop dead at "God did it" is like refusing to unwrap a present.

Be grateful for that godlessly science-curious faction. They brought you penicillin, chemotherapy and that keyboard you're typing on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality