Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 06:06 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,082,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ministers View Post
I think you guys are having problems reading; first of all I have an amazing man of God by my side and four amazing children. Our children love God just as much as we do. I would love to talk to some of your children. My children are surrounded by love. I'm not going to keep responding to such negative energy. I am blessed with a beautiful family. God is awesome!
That's nice to hear about your family, I would love to talk to your children as well, sorry about you feeling so negative about the harsh, stoic, critical, unexpected, etc comments. But your perceptions are your own, the people that post the responses feel that they are rightful. Allahu Akbar!

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 01-21-2015 at 07:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 07:10 AM

20,104 posts, read 13,564,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinheel View Post
Being a Christian is hard. You will face numerous trails and tribulations. This is to test your faith. ie Weed out the weak or false faith.

True faith is enduring in the good and the bad times.
Being human is hard. You will face numerous trials and tribulations. This tests your character, ie it weeds out bad or maladaptive character.

Well adapted character endures through good and bad times.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Being a Christian is hard. You will face numerous trails and tribulations. This is to test your faith. ie Weed out the weak or false faith.

True faith is enduring in the good and the bad times.
Hey that is what the Muslims and Hindus say about their hard times!

Old 01-21-2015, 02:36 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,764,510 times
Quote:
I am a minister but right now I don't feel like one. My husband left a good job to move to Texas to start a church. Everything has went wrong and we have spent all of our money. My husband is a awesome man of God. I don't understand why God is allowing us to be on the verge of being homeless. I love God with all my heart. I just don't understand why he is not helping. My husband needs a job and has a clean criminal record and stellar work history. Please pray for me. We have four kids. If God is humbling me; it has worked because I am crushed.
Maybe God IS helping you.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:35 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,650,468 times
Quote:
Why?

Old 01-24-2015, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Why?
Because everyone does have good and bad times, so they have to have a belief that they can use confirmation bias to strengthen.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:37 AM

874 posts, read 638,040 times
Quote:
I am a minister but right now I don't feel like one. My husband left a good job to move to Texas to start a church. Everything has went wrong and we have spent all of our money. My husband is a awesome man of God. I don't understand why God is allowing us to be on the verge of being homeless. I love God with all my heart. I just don't understand why he is not helping. My husband needs a job and has a clean criminal record and stellar work history. Please pray for me. We have four kids. If God is humbling me; it has worked because I am crushed.
I'm sorry for your problems.

Sadly, this is the wrong forum for pouring out your heart. I know it says, "Religion and Spirituality" but many of the participants here don't claim either. The "Christianity" sub-forum is even worse. Between the atheists, agnostics, and general non-believers, you can pretty much count on being pounced on. Much of the time it is a lot like being a gazelle being pounced on by the jackals. Some of them are much more tolerant than others and some will even go so far as to not pounce on you when your down and bleeding. But others look for any weakness in order to tear you limb from limb. Somehow they think it is their duty to set you straight and the more pain they can inflict, the better. Somehow, for some here, it is pay back for things done to them. Others are angry and need someone to take it out on.

I hope things work out for your family. As I always say, troubles come in big, thunderous booms, blessings come in whispers. Listen for the whispers. Life dumps on all of us. This forum will only add to your distress. I wish there was place on here where you could find support. There isn't. On the internet there are many closed, peer to peer groups that screen out dissenters. You might find one where you can commiserate with others and get the support you desire.

Good luck.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:39 AM

22 posts, read 11,851 times
I wish the best of luck to you , stay strong.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:34 AM

675 posts, read 545,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Why?
Idk ask God. I can only repeat what he said in the Bible.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:26 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,628,109 times
Quote:
first things first. God had nothing to do with it. My guess is the signs of the approaching wall were in place well before you hit the wall. Where you teaching to a literal bible?

but I will "pray" in an atheist way for ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
View detailed profiles of: