Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 06:34 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,352,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
It doesn't matter which way you lust. Lust is a carnal thing. Lust is a sin.
Marriage as it is intended is between a man and woman. Man woman,man woman, man woman, And so on and on.
Fornication has one goal. Make offspring. Anything out side of marriage is counted as fornication.
This pretty much wipes us all out, spiritually speaking.
Since the majority of men who use erectile dysfunction meds are FAR beyond the age foe being a father, and there are people who are married and have sex well into their 40s and 50s with out the idea of having children, are they all up the creek?

Chapter and verse that says sex is JUST for reproducing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 06:42 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,641,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
I applaud you in your honesty and boldness. It certainly is not easy doing what you are doing. Just know that we all as believers wrestle against sin of all kinds. Your battle, although different, is still the same as all your other brethren. I think the scripture you have quoted here with Paul was the first one that came to mind reading your original post. Perhaps your calling maybe to focus on ministry. Everyone isn't called to be married. Some are called to devote their life to ministry. Although I don't know if that is what God has for you, that is something that I hope you consider.
The ministry does not need any more sexually frustrated men. The ministry is full of them, already.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:40 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,327,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
The ministry does not need any more sexually frustrated men. The ministry is full of them, already.
Amen.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:55 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,381,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
The wonderful thing is that you can choose to believe what you wish and live your life according to your own beliefs and values, within your own skin, within your own family and within your own worship. You should be aware though that your presumptions about God are reflection of a corruption perpetuated on humanity millenia ago, that has been progressively debunked for three hundred and fifty years, and shall continue to be further debunked as humanity becomes more spiritually mature and thereby become more so attuned to God's true message, which charges each person to be true to themselves, and recognizes that love is love and all love is God. So while God has not changed, the flawed human understanding of the nature of God has and shall continue to do so, and it is this ongoing revelation that shall prevail within society rather than the dogged reliance on reactionaryism. That need have no impact on your own life, within your own skin, within your own family and within your own worship, but shall affect your public dealings with others, an increasingly large number of whom choose to live their lives in accordance with their own beliefs and values, which, as a reflection of that ongoing revelation, naturally shall differ from yours.
This.

Why did Old Testament see a God that was wrathful and immature (seriously, raining fire down)? Because OT consciousness was immature.

I believed once as the OP... but life taught me different. Life taught me that God is okay with me.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:06 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,039,951 times
BTW, OP consider this. Most of the people who are encouraging you to change what you are doing, aren't even believers. You can see how the enemy works. Keep doing what you are doing, the enemy doesn't like that, that's why the demons are getting raged up over your decision.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:13 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,381,222 times
Enemy. The enemy is duality consciousness.

There is God. If God is omnipotent, there is no valid opposition to his rule. It is simply you at war with yourself.

Satan means "adversary" or "astray, distant". Satan is the the soul who is led astray by feelings of guilt and shame. When you are at peace with yourself, you are in a position to help others. When you feel worthless, you lock yourself away in your room (distant) and sentence yourself to Hell.

Stop thinking in terms of screwy fundamentalism, and you will notice this is true. There's no demons out there. Only the demons in here.

http://zingdad.com/video/adamu-speak...-consciousness

Old 03-22-2015, 08:14 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,327,168 times
Quote:
BTW, OP consider this. Most of the people who are encouraging you to change what you are doing, aren't even believers. You can see how the enemy works. Keep doing what you are doing, the enemy doesn't like that, that's why the demons are getting raged up over your decision.
If you ever honestly looked in the mirror - along with your fundamentalist cohorts - you'd see Pogo was right.

And you would then hope you had enough time left to make amends.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:16 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,269,136 times
Quote:
How do you know what other think? It is folks like you that drove me from church.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
How do you know what other think? It is folks like you that drove me from church.
Because I'm not the one trying to tell someone how to live their life and control people while other people on here I trying to tell this person, who clearly has made up his mind, how to live his life.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
If you ever honestly looked in the mirror - along with your fundamentalist cohorts - you'd see Pogo was right.

And you would then hope you had enough time left to make amends.
Again A/A privilege
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality