Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 08:07 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Is there a specific point in your paragraph you'd like me to refute or would you like me to annihilate your entire argument as a whole? The latter option may be a bit longer and require some more time to respond to as you brought up many points that aren't solved by one-line sentences, however, I'll be more than glad to liquify every sentence in your paragraph if you so choose.
No need to liquify or annihilate. I`ve listened to scientific arguments on both sides and heard live debates between learned and educated scientist on both sides. Trust me,there is nothing you could say or come up with that I haven`t already heard unless of course you know something that hasn`t been revealed to the scientific comunity yet. Other than that,no need to...how did you put it again..annihilate or liquify? Very nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 08:37 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
No need to liquify or annihilate. I`ve listened to scientific arguments on both sides and heard live debates between learned and educated scientist on both sides. Trust me,there is nothing you could say or come up with that I haven`t already heard unless of course you know something that hasn`t been revealed to the scientific comunity yet. Other than that,no need to...how did you put it again..annihilate or liquify? Very nice
Then why the need to present what I believe under false presumptions that you know aren't true? One of your arguments was that the eye could not have evolved. Here's where it gets interesting... you implied that the eye could not have just come from nothing which is exactly how I feel. However, you worded it to give the impression that I think an eyeless creature gave birth to a creature with a fully grown eye (over millions and billions of years of course). I find it odd that someone who claims to know both sides of the argument would present that to someone such as myself as what I believe. It wasn't just the eye argument that you did this on. You are claiming to know both sides of the argument but you failed to present that in your post.

You only presented the argument as you want to see it. You presented the argument of "People who follow evolution believe that monkeys gave birth to humans, eyeless creatures gave birth to fully sighted creatures, etc..."

So the reason I responded such as I did was to either educate you on what Darwinian evolution really is, or to show that you purposefully tried to mislead people into thinking that I think a monkey spontaneously gave birth to a human. Since you state that you know both sides of the argument, I can only surmise a guess to say that the latter option would be the most fitting and that you tried to shine a light of 'stupidity' on myself and anyone else who understands Darwinian evolution by presenting numerous falsehoods of it.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:20 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Then why the need to present what I believe under false presumptions that you know aren't true? One of your arguments was that the eye could not have evolved. Here's where it gets interesting... you implied that the eye could not have just come from nothing which is exactly how I feel. However, you worded it to give the impression that I think an eyeless creature gave birth to a creature with a fully grown eye (over millions and billions of years of course). I find it odd that someone who claims to know both sides of the argument would present that to someone such as myself as what I believe. It wasn't just the eye argument that you did this on. You are claiming to know both sides of the argument but you failed to present that in your post.

You only presented the argument as you want to see it. You presented the argument of "People who follow evolution believe that monkeys gave birth to humans, eyeless creatures gave birth to fully sighted creatures, etc..."

So the reason I responded such as I did was to either educate you on what Darwinian evolution really is, or to show that you purposefully tried to mislead people into thinking that I think a monkey spontaneously gave birth to a human. Since you state that you know both sides of the argument, I can only surmise a guess to say that the latter option would be the most fitting and that you tried to shine a light of 'stupidity' on myself and anyone else who understands Darwinian evolution by presenting numerous falsehoods of it.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings gcstroop. So let me make an open apology on this forum. To anyone concerned...I did not mean to imply that gcstroop believes that an eyeless creature gave birth to a creature with a fully grown eye(over millions of years). I also did not mean to imply that gcstroop believes that monkeys gave birth to humans etc. I also apologize if gcstroop believes that I purposely tried to mislead people into thinking that a monkey spontaneously gave birth to a human. Sorry if you thought a light of `stupidity`was being shone on you and thanks for enlightening and educating me on darwan. Consider the light of stupidity that was brightly lit,officially turned off.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Sorry if I hurt your feelings gcstroop. So let me make an open apology on this forum. To anyone concerned...I did not mean to imply that gcstroop believes that an eyeless creature gave birth to a creature with a fully grown eye(over millions of years). I also did not mean to imply that gcstroop believes that monkeys gave birth to humans etc. I also apologize if gcstroop believes that I purposely tried to mislead people into thinking that a monkey spontaneously gave birth to a human. Sorry if you thought a light of `stupidity`was being shone on you and thanks for enlightening and educating me on darwan. Consider the light of stupidity that was brightly lit,officially turned off.
LOL! I'm sorry for laughing. It was funny, that I will say. I will accept the apology on behalf of not just me but anyone else who was offended by the 'light of stupidity' that was trying to shine. Have a good night.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:54 AM

58 posts, read 80,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by via chicago View Post
Who were you before you were born? Nothing.
Prove it. Yeah, our bodies and our conscious probably didn't exist, but the spirit is an entirely different entity.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:37 AM

206 posts, read 578,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Barton View Post
Prove it. Yeah, our bodies and our conscious probably didn't exist, but the spirit is an entirely different entity.
I don't think you'll find many atheists here or elsewhere who believe that spirits exist.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:35 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRiedl View Post
I don't think you'll find many atheists here or elsewhere who believe that spirits exist.
Interesting quote there and I honestly am not trying to hijack the thread but I just thought one OT comment fits here.

I actually know one atheist who believes in demons.

Would that make for a new thread discussion?

Old 01-19-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Interesting quote there and I honestly am not trying to hijack the thread but I just thought one OT comment fits here.

I actually know one atheist who believes in demons.

Would that make for a new thread discussion?
Sure Alpha, go for it. I'm about to go to bed, but I'd like to read about it later tonight if you want to make a new thread on it.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:17 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times
Done.

//www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ml#post2559182

Old 01-22-2008, 07:44 AM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,419 times
Hmmm. Haven't heard back from JV on any of this for some time. You think we converted him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality