Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 11:06 AM

1,422 posts, read 952,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
It's not the Jewish Messiah. The anti-Christ is alive and well among us even one. "He" appears as an angel of light and purposes hateful, judgmental tactics on people, and insists on telling them how to live.
The Messiah is also 'alive and well in all of us'.

The bolded reminds me of organised religions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 11:37 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,717,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
The Messiah is also 'alive and well in all of us'.

The bolded reminds me of organised religions.
The bolded is exactly the point. It is in the midst of "godly" religion that the anti-Christ makes his appearance. And the ones being duped are the ones who claim they practice that ugliness in the name of their god.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:47 AM

22,207 posts, read 19,233,374 times
Quote:
It is in the midst of "godly" religion that the anti-Christ makes his appearance. And the ones being duped are the ones who claim they practice that ugliness in the name of their god.

here is the easy way to identify
hate = not of God
peace, loving kindness = of God

ye shall know them by their works
judge not lest ye be judged

which is not just a platitude; it is saying what you wish on another, will return upon your head
that is Universal Law

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-15-2015 at 12:00 PM..

Old 06-15-2015, 12:36 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
this post brings up a good point
since JC is all about loving kindness, then the "anti-JC" is hate wherever it appears
Quote:
hate = not of God
which is not just a platitude; it is saying what you wish on another, will return upon your head
that is Universal Law
Amen! Hate, judgment, condemnation, discrimination, shunning, and other unloving actions are NEVER of God. They are always of human origin. We are NOT God's enforcers. Love your enemies is NOT a mere platitude.

Old 06-15-2015, 01:06 PM

698 posts, read 588,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And his job is to defeat a heretical religion that has gotten out of control and has deceived multitudes of people throughout history?...Seeing as how the Christians were just a TO Jewish movement initially until Paul got a hold on it...This is just a thought based on another poster in another thread stating that the Moshiach that the Jews were waiting for is descriptive of the Anti-Christ...
I find that to be an interesting and plausible scenario. I always found it odd that the same deity that chose the Hebrews as the chosen people would later send a portion of his own spirit disguised as a human to blatantly disregard and disavow the same dogma and moral code that he had created and required to be implemented. The Jesus as son of god, savior of all humanity blood sacrifice so god can forgive nonsense is utterly ridiculous and completely implausible.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
The bolded is exactly the point. It is in the midst of "godly" religion that the anti-Christ makes his appearance. And the ones being duped are the ones who claim they practice that ugliness in the name of their god.
Which also might be the case with the messiah individual personality which some hope in...the 'hateful judgmental tactics on people, and insistence on telling them how to live' - such things might well be interpreted in relation to that messiah and how he (an individual) will proceed with 'fixing the world'.

I don't see how it would possible for anyone to achieve without some sort of iron fist involved...

Old 06-15-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
hate = not of God

that is Universal Law
Thus it is not really about some individual messiah but an effort by one and all to express such, regardless of what 'position of belief or non belief' once chooses to hold.

THAT will go a long way in assisting such transformation of the world.

However some could argue that those with the gold who make the rules do not want it that way.

But so what?

Old 06-15-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
I find that to be an interesting and plausible scenario. I always found it odd that the same deity that chose the Hebrews as the chosen people would later send a portion of his own spirit disguised as a human to blatantly disregard and disavow the same dogma and moral code that he had created and required to be implemented. The Jesus as son of god, savior of all humanity blood sacrifice so god can forgive nonsense is utterly ridiculous and completely implausible.
Not really at all. The problem with the law of the Hebrews is that it way overextended its claim as mouthpiece of G()D.

Jesus simplified things, and showed the error of the way of the law and those under the law.

For many it was (and still is) a matter of 'the LAW is my shepherd' whole a few understand it better the LORD is my shepherd.

Before the middle-man of the law, those who would, had direct access to The LORD.

1: Love your idea of G()D with your whole being. (For this is love for self as well)

2: Love others as you Love yourself (For this is Love for your idea of G()D as well)

In doing these 'two' things, one fulfills the whole law.

(The two things are really the same thing.

G()D Evolves with Us.

Old 06-15-2015, 03:02 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,717,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
Which also might be the case with the messiah individual personality which some hope in...the 'hateful judgmental tactics on people, and insistence on telling them how to live' - such things might well be interpreted in relation to that messiah and how he (an individual) will proceed with 'fixing the world'.

I don't see how it would possible for anyone to achieve without some sort of iron fist involved...
Their iron fist is a "perfect" book, be it the Pentateuch, the whole Christian Bible, the Koran, or whatever. Most religious cruelty comes from written "instructions." It's an irrefutable source of self-righteousness.

I did enjoy your line about "G()d evolves with us." Would to God more understood that.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
Quote:
Their iron fist is a "perfect" book, be it the Pentateuch, the whole Christian Bible, the Koran, or whatever. Most religious cruelty comes from written "instructions." It's an irrefutable source of self-righteousness.

I did enjoy your line about "G()d evolves with us." Would to God more understood that.
I don't think it is religion which is the iron fist, although of course it is involved...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality