Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 01:28 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times

Advertisements

So my cousin posts on facebook that one year from today she will marry her best friend, and how lucky for her that this was gods plan for her.

So was it his plan for me to have one man die, one abuse me, one cheat on me, to leave me a single parent of two kids?

Really? Why do people say sucky things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 01:28 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Way to be happy for your cousin!

Keep it classy!

Old 06-18-2015, 01:31 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,689,519 times
Seriously?!?
Hopefully you will not be going to the wedding.

Well, I'll be happy for your cousin, since you aren't.

Old 06-18-2015, 01:31 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
There are approximately 3 billion people in the world yet Only Christians are Important to God.

YEAH, RIGHT.

I had a Christian friend suddenly reach over and pray for me.

Not only was it totally off topic and distracting, I simply could not get the idea out of my mind that she felt God was online shopping. Put your order in, it will appear.

Bizarre.

Old 06-18-2015, 01:33 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
So my cousin posts on facebook that one year from today she will marry her best friend, and how lucky for her that this was gods plan for her.

So was it his plan for me to have one man die, one abuse me, one cheat on me, to leave me a single parent of two kids?

Thoughtlessness. But yeah, shake it off. It's usually harmless enough.

Old 06-18-2015, 01:33 PM

914 posts, read 766,191 times
Quote:

It's not that I don't sympathize for you, but you sure are drinkin' a whole lot of HATER-aide over your cousin. A simple congrats would be fine.

Old 06-18-2015, 01:37 PM

176 posts, read 189,651 times
Every path is different. We all have gifts to receive and lessons to learn in life. Besides, love relationships are often viewed irrealistically and are overrated. They are just another test and possibility to grow and they come in many forms. I'm sure you have qualities and gifts your cousin hasn't and never will because they are your personal blessings.

Last edited by BlazingStars; 06-18-2015 at 02:26 PM..

Old 06-18-2015, 01:37 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:

She posted her happiness on FB; she did not say it directly to you to rub it in your face she's happy and you're not. That being said, I do understand your feelings. Every time someone around me finds the one thing missing from my life (a partner) while I'm happy for them, I'm also wondering when and if it's ever going to be my turn or if my late hubby is the only chance I get like it seems.

Old 06-18-2015, 01:38 PM

227 posts, read 195,270 times
I'm sorry you've had a rough time, but your cousin is just expressing her joy. I doubt she sat down thinking 'Hmm...how can I rub my happiness in my poor cousin's face? Oh I know!' Life goes on for other people.

Old 06-18-2015, 01:38 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
She posted her happiness on FB; she did not say it directly to you to rub it in your face she's happy and you're not. That being said, I do understand your feelings. Every time someone around me finds the one thing missing from my life (a partner) while I'm happy for them, I'm also wondering when and if it's ever going to be my turn or if my late hubby is the only chance I get like it seems.

A lot of people don't even get one good one, so you're lucky there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality