Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 05:27 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
I see a Muslim then I feel sorry for them , as they do not have Lord Jesus on their lives .......... For so called Muslims who murder people to appease God shows that their view of God is a weak God which has no power to defend Himself .....Cannot say any more or I will be out of peace with God ....
Strange, I see a Muslim and I want to have coffee with them and share / hear about their life and what it is like trying to survive in a country that seems to have no respect for their culture or religion..much like America has done to the original Nations, African Americans, Asians, Hispanics, Polish, Irish, and every other ethnic group that has migrated here for a better life.

How this place would have been different had my people used whatever means necessary to turn back the Mayflower...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 06:26 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Strange, I see a Muslim and I want to have coffee with them and share / hear about their life and what it is like trying to survive in a country that seems to have no respect for their culture or religion..much like America has done to the original Nations, African Americans, Asians, Hispanics, Polish, Irish, and every other ethnic group that has migrated here for a better life.

How this place would have been different had my people used whatever means necessary to turn back the Mayflower...
Ditto.

I work at a university and am bummed out that Ramadan occurs during summer break this year. A highlight of the year is watching diverse groups come together to break the fast during Ramadan. The same is true after the fast for Yom Kippur.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Ditto.

I work at a university and am bummed out that Ramadan occurs during summer break this year. A highlight of the year is watching diverse groups come together to break the fast during Ramadan. The same is true after the fast for Yom Kippur.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:17 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
A highlight of the year is watching diverse groups come together to break the fast during Ramadan. The same is true after the fast for Yom Kippur.
Awesome.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Ditto.

These events are the ONLY thing I miss about university...

Old 06-30-2015, 12:16 AM

779 posts, read 484,298 times
I have many Muslim friends and some in my family.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:25 AM

4 posts, read 3,299 times
Dear friends,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Moved thread to the Religion & Spirituality forum since it has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity.
The reason I posted it on this forum was that I needed the opinion of non-Muslims such as Christians. All of your opinions are respectable, good or bad. That's the reason why I'm having this poll.

Quote:
Your link is not working.
I didn't notice the link isn't working, please try the below link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11xe...?usp=send_form

Thank you all

Last edited by salmasalma; 06-30-2015 at 01:53 AM..

Old 06-30-2015, 01:37 AM

4 posts, read 3,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
I see a Muslim then I feel sorry for them , as they do not have Lord Jesus on their lives .......... For so called Muslims who murder people to appease God shows that their view of God is a weak God which has no power to defend Himself .....Cannot say any more or I will be out of peace with God ....
Thanks for your opinion. It happens to be that Muslims belief in Jesus, Moses and Abraham just as Jews and Christians do. Jesus is the prophet of Muslims as well as Muhammad, Moses, Abraham and many other prophets. Their god is the same as the christian God but with a different name, Allah (because its in Arabic). It happens to be that those Muslims that murder others are not devout Muslims, but Muslims in name. The same as those Christians who murder people in the name of democracy and peace, are not devout Christians either. All religions I believe promote peace and kindness towards each other.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmasalma View Post
Thanks for your opinion. It happens to be that Muslims belief in Jesus, Moses and Abraham just as Jews and Christians do. Jesus is the prophet of Muslims as well as Muhammad, Moses, Abraham and many other prophets. Their god is the same as the christian God but with a different name, Allah (because its in Arabic). It happens to be that those Muslims that murder others are not devout Muslims, but Muslims in name. The same as those Christians who murder people in the name of democracy and peace, are not devout Christians either. All religions I believe promote peace and kindness towards each other.
This is the only purpose for "religion" and some how we seem to quickly forget this and religion becomes justification for many of the worlds troubles.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:10 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmasalma View Post
. All religions I believe promote peace and kindness towards each other.

Depends which page of their holy books you are reading
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality