Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2015, 06:09 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,040,216 times

Advertisements

It appears that we have reached an impasse.

Jeff refuses to understand valid points, and has even backed away from his admission that Davis might be in the wrong if she had options to personally avoid helping LGBT customers while passing the interaction to others.

Everybody else agrees that Davis is a scofflaw.

I think that the bottom line is that Jeff refuses to acknowledge that anything might have more authority than his specific view of the bible, under any circumstances. He will use arguments based upon law, the constitution, morality, etc if convenient for him, but those are not his true thoughts, they are simply arguments to be used, and discarded if they become inconvenient.

Jeff doesn't value civil laws at all. He only values his specific concept of the bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 06:43 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,730,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
TRANSLATION___

Jefffreebase never spoke out against homosexuality until the LGBT community demanded EQUALITY.
Equality should never come at the expense of sacrificing the 1st amendment. Check it out, even Ben Carson agrees, and I would certainly say he is an intelligent man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9-uAOIJPdU

Old 09-14-2015, 07:26 AM

874 posts, read 636,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No most people are not atheists which means they don't believe like YOU.
TroutDude is not a atheist. Yes, many people believe as he does. Try to get your facts straight.

Quote:
And a majority of Christians believe in the Bible.
What do the rest of the Christians believe in?

Old 09-14-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Parr View Post
TroutDude is not a atheist. Yes, many people believe as he does. Try to get your facts straight.
How can I get my facts straight when no one will offer the courtesy of stating their beliefs to me before jumping in the fray? He has been consistently anti-Christian so it is a logical conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Parr View Post

What do the rest of the Christians believe in?
They apparently just make up whatever sounds good to them.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:49 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,713,637 times
Quote:
Equality should never come at the expense of sacrificing the 1st amendment.
So Christians should be allowed to kill witches? People can't expect equal protection under the law if it gets in the way of what some old book says, right?

Come on, stop pretending that freedom to believe is a blank check to do whatever you want.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:50 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times
Quote:
I'm under no obligation to convince you that homosexuality is immoral. I know there is really nothing that would sway your opinion. OTOH, it's your side who has demanded that we change our beliefs that have been traditional for many generations. I never spoke out against homosexuality until they started trending on religious freedom.
Me being free to live as I choose, and have the same legal protections as all other citizens, has nothing to do with your religious freedoms.
If you have issues with anti-discrimination laws, I suggest you work on getting those repealed.

Old 09-14-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Equality should never come at the expense of sacrificing the 1st amendment. Check it out, even Ben Carson agrees, and I would certainly say he is an intelligent man.
And Scalia doesn't think that personal religious beliefs trump the law or doing your job.

Quote:
[i]n my view the choice for the judge who believes the death penalty to be immoral is resignation, rather than simply ignoring duly enacted, constitutional laws and sabotaging death penalty cases. He has, after all, taken an oath to apply the laws and has been given no power to supplant them with rules of his own. Of course if he feels strongly enough he can go beyond mere resignation and lead a political campaign to abolish the death penalty” and if that fails, lead a revolution. But rewrite the laws he cannot do.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ind-a-new-job/

Old 09-14-2015, 08:01 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,186 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9-uAOIJPdU

Your point?

Old 09-14-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
So Christians should be allowed to kill witches? People can't expect equal protection under the law if it gets in the way of what some old book says, right?

Come on, stop pretending that freedom to believe is a blank check to do whatever you want.
Why does it always have to be all encompassing or nothing with people like you? Certainly exceptions can be made if someone's religious beliefs causes harm to others. Kim Davis is not causing harm. She is causing an inconvenience at most.

Old 09-14-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Why does it always have to be all encompassing or nothing with people like you? Certainly exceptions can be made if someone's religious beliefs causes harm to others. Kim Davis is not causing harm. She is causing an inconvenience at most.
And Kim Davis was the one that refused exemptions when the judge offered them. She is the one that decided that her religious beliefs would be law for everyone in that county.

If she can't do her job, she should resign. Why should residents tax dollars go to pay someones salary when they are being refused government services?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality