Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 06:11 PM

468 posts, read 265,862 times

Advertisements

I would like to see a few things discussed on this topic .
Creationists should assume they hold a theory , comparing to evolutionists
" Believers in a self created earth an solar system ".
And science is the judge between the two leaving evidence in favor of whoever seems more believable.
One of the topics that is interesting is we know according to science that our magnitism on earth " gravity" is weakening . According to new study it loses nearly half strength every 1400 years . Science believes gravity is created by our molten core which is cooling thus less gravity .
We also know gravity is essential to shielding us from the suns charged energy and without it we cook .
This lines up with the bible assuming a young earth because if it was millions of years old it would have cooled a long time ago. Also it fits revelations stating a fervent heat apon the earth when it is coming to its end .
I have many more but would like to start there.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:27 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
Creationists should assume they hold a theory , comparing to evolutionists
" Believers in a self created earth an solar system ".
And science is the judge between the two leaving evidence in favor of whoever seems more believable.
One of the topics that is interesting is we know according to science that our magnitism on earth " gravity" is weakening . According to new study it loses nearly half strength every 1400 years . Science believes gravity is created by our molten core which is cooling thus less gravity .
We also know gravity is essential to shielding us from the suns charged energy and without it we cook .
This lines up with the bible assuming a young earth because if it was millions of years old it would have cooled a long time ago. Also it fits revelations stating a fervent heat apon the earth when it is coming to its end .
I don't think "science" believes this.

In fact I don't think "science" believes any of that stuff.

The only thing I can think of that makes sense is that gravity is affected by the distance between two objects. As the universe expands gravity may be affected by the fact that objects are moving further apart, but this would affect orbits and such. Not so much the gravity we have on earth which is basically determined by the mass of the earth. Perhaps if the core cools the earth shrinks or something.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:31 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,340,370 times
Quote:
Creationists should assume they hold a theory
There's a problem with that right off the bat. Creationists don't hold a theory... They don't even qualify as having a hypothesis. What they have is faith (belief without evidence).

Quote:
comparing to evolutionists
Yep, here we go with that wonderful word again lol

Quote:
Believers in a self created earth an solar system
Don't you mean, "Acknowledgement of facts?"

Quote:
Science doesn't measure things that are supernatural. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Quote:
Gravity and magnetism are two different forces... The words you are looking for are "gravitational pull"

Quote:
lol have you ever read a science book... ever? The term you're looking for is "Ozone Layer". "Charged Energy" should be "Radiation".

Quote:
Where exactly do the seven headed dragons and talking snakes line up?

Old 08-27-2015, 06:35 PM

Earth's magnetic field, also known as the geomagnetic field, is the magnetic field that extends from the Earth's interior to where it meets the solar wind, a stream of charged particles emanating from the Sun. Its magnitude at the Earth's surface ranges from 25 to 65 microteslas (0.25 to 0.65 gauss).[3] Roughly speaking it is the field of a magnetic dipole currently tilted at an angle of about 10 degrees with respect to Earth's rotational axis, as if there were a bar magnet placed at that angle at the center of the Earth. Unlike a bar magnet, however, Earth's magnetic field changes over time because it is generated by a geodynamo (in Earth's case, the motion of molten iron alloys in its outer core).

Wikipedia.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:38 PM

Do you even understand what you posted? Everything in that article is accurate but your statement and what you just posted are two different things. If you understood the differences between the forces (Magnetism and Gravity) then you would understand why you're not making sense.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
There's a problem with that right off the bat. Creationists don't hold a theory... They don't even qualify as having a hypothesis. What they have is faith (belief without evidence).

Yep, here we go with that wonderful word again lol

Don't you mean, "Acknowledgement of facts?"

Science doesn't measure things that are supernatural. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Gravity and magnetism are two different forces... The words you are looking for are "gravitational pull"

lol have you ever read a science book... ever? The term you're looking for is "Ozone Layer". "Charged Energy" should be "Radiation".

Where exactly do the seven headed dragons and talking snakes line up?
I just used science as evidence to make a point.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Do you even understand what you posted? Everything in that article is accurate but your statement and what you just posted are two different things. If you understood the differences between the forces (Magnetism and Gravity) then you would understand why you're not making sense.
I understand perfectly , the question is " do you"?

Old 08-27-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I understand perfectly , the question is " do you"?
Says the guy who equated magnetism and gravity...

Old 08-27-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Says the guy who equated magnetism and gravity...
okay then we will give you the benefit of the doubt you explain to me now with science what gravity is

Old 08-27-2015, 06:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality