Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2016, 01:41 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
No gravity to hold an atmosphere to the earth's surface either. God gave Adam and Eve oxygen tanks. And all the animals too.
No, they lived in biospheres. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 02:04 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
When praising god for all he does on the planet, do you only acknowledge the positive things? Who do you hold accountable for natural disasters, like earth quakes, floods, droughts...etc?
Those are all part of an Imperfect Earth that is imperfect because man sinned because God specifically created man to be able to sin, planned for man to sin, and already had a savior in place before He even created man to sin, He was that sure of what He was doing. The only apparent surprise being that despite this deliberate failure setup, Adam and Eve STILL weren't sinning all on their own (IOW when left to their own devices and not manipulated by something VASTLY superior they weren't prone to sin), which means God had to call in a brilliant snake to convince them. Whew, finally! Failure. At least with a little manipulation toward it in addition to having been specifically created to fail.

And you know what that means....

...it's all man's fault.

I mean duh.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Those are all part of an Imperfect Earth that is imperfect because man sinned because God specifically created man to be able to sin, planned for man to sin, and already had a savior in place before He even created man to sin, He was that sure of what He was doing. The only apparent surprise being that despite this deliberate failure setup, Adam and Eve STILL weren't sinning all on their own (IOW when left to their own devices and not manipulated by something VASTLY superior they weren't prone to sin), which means God had to call in a brilliant snake to convince them. Whew, finally! Failure. At least with a little manipulation toward it in addition to having been specifically created to fail.

And you know what that means....

...it's all man's fault.

I mean duh.
The only mark they could miss (that's what sin means) is to disobey God's command not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. That is why they couldn't sin any other sin prior to eating of the forbidden tree.

Likewise, Judas was prophesied to be the one to betray Christ. Yet God made sure Satan would enter into his heart to ensure the dirty deed was done. Christ knew he was the one to betray him and even told Judas "what you do, do quickly," as to betraying Him.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The only mark they could miss (that's what sin means) is to disobey God's command not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. That is why they couldn't sin any other sin prior to eating of the forbidden tree.

Likewise, Judas was prophesied to be the one to betray Christ. Yet God made sure Satan would enter into his heart to ensure the dirty deed was done. Christ knew he was the one to betray him and even told Judas "what you do, do quickly," as to betraying Him.
Yep! What a clever, clever little master manipulator Biblegod is. I can think of a few humans right off the top of my head who would appreciate this degree of deviousness. Can't pull out the Hitler card but he's far from the only one anyway...God must be proud.

But really, when it comes to manipulation of innocent souls and deviousness, God has any human being licked anyway. The worst psychopath on earth is not fit to tie His shoes in this regard, Pol Pot must look like a kindergartener to Biblegod.

I guess that's the part you praise, etc.? I have to admit it IS jaw-dropping, though not necessarily my style (you know, setups, entrapment, eternal punishments for single acts, yadda yadda), but well, to each his or her own.

Old 01-11-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yep! What a clever, clever little master manipulator Biblegod is. I can think of a few humans right off the top of my head who would appreciate this degree of deviousness. Can't pull out the Hitler card but he's far from the only one anyway...God must be proud.

But really, when it comes to manipulation of innocent souls and deviousness, God has any human being licked anyway. The worst psychopath on earth is not fit to tie His shoes in this regard, Pol Pot must look like a kindergartener to Biblegod.

I guess that's the part you praise, etc.? I have to admit it IS jaw-dropping, though not necessarily my style (you know, setups, entrapment, eternal punishments for single acts, yadda yadda), but well, to each his or her own.
"God is working all together for good."

The interesting thing is the very thing Judas did will be the act which saves him. Only a wise God could do that.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:30 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,214,754 times
Quote:

The interesting thing is the very thing Judas did will be the act which saves him. Only a wise God could do that.
Or a god that never existed. That god could do the same.

Old 01-11-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:

A wise (and capable) God would know how to create and maintain good without such guilt and suffering "having to" be in the plan.

A wise God would not be somehow forced to be cruel in order to accomplish a plan - unless it deliberately desired that cruelty.

Which would make it, well, cruel.

This particular God sounds a little on the inept side in addition for its compulsive desire to cause or at least witness thousands of years worth of pain. I think there is something wrong with it. Something really broken.

Old 01-11-2016, 06:16 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Helped me to score excellent seats to see Neil deGrasse Tyson this Thursday...this morning both dates were sold out.

Then God stepped in and miraculously opened up 60 seats center stage up front and had the Theater remember me, look up my number from their call log and call me to tell me about the newly released seats!

Gee I feel so special that God took time out from tending to the Universe to pay special attention to little ole me.

Old 01-11-2016, 06:32 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
Or a god that never existed. That god could do the same.
Some time in the not so distant future, students will be reading Christian Mythology the same way students are reading Greek Mythology today. Every religion claims that one of their gods created the universe, that is nothing new.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Helped me to score excellent seats to see Neil deGrasse Tyson this Thursday...this morning both dates were sold out.

Then God stepped in and miraculously opened up 60 seats center stage up front and had the Theater remember me, look up my number from their call log and call me to tell me about the newly released seats!

Gee I feel so special that God took time out from tending to the Universe to pay special attention to little ole me.
You have indeed been blessed.

Sometimes, the universe unfolds in a way that favours us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality