Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2015, 08:40 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,053,876 times

Advertisements

Whats the difference between:

Samson & Heracles
the great red dragon and Typhon
talking snakes and Nagas
New Jerusalem and Saubha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 08:46 AM

20,013 posts, read 13,491,416 times
I was just laying awake last night wondering that very thing. Do tell.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:37 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
Samson was a man of God chosen to fight the Philistines by God , and He got them on a run for it and killed the leaders with him self in the end , ....where Hercules was a Greek myth god and a roman hero god and had nothing to do with the living God .......... The great red dragon is a fallen angel who is alive in the high place realm and will go after people who have a testimony of Jesus Christ and obey Jesus Commandments ..........Then typhon was another Greek myth son of the earth ........... The taking snake is satan and also a fallen angel , and deceptive spirit ...Then naga is a Hindu myth of a negative beast ........saubha is a Hindu myth , and New Jerusalem is an enhanced spirit which is heaven of the living God for the end of time heaven ........ See Jesus is not a Hindu or a Buddhist , or a Greek myth or any other lesser gods , as Jesus said ` No one goes to the living father God but through me ``

Old 12-27-2015, 03:44 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Samson was a man of God chosen to fight the Philistines by God , and He got them on a run for it and killed the leaders with him self in the end , ....where Hercules was a Greek myth god and a roman hero god and had nothing to do with the living God .......... The great red dragon is a fallen angel who is alive in the high place realm and will go after people who have a testimony of Jesus Christ and obey Jesus Commandments ..........Then typhon was another Greek myth son of the earth ........... The taking snake is satan and also a fallen angel , and deceptive spirit ...Then naga is a Hindu myth of a negative beast ........saubha is a Hindu myth , and New Jerusalem is an enhanced spirit which is heaven of the living God for the end of time heaven ........ See Jesus is not a Hindu or a Buddhist , or a Greek myth or any other lesser gods , as Jesus said ` No one goes to the living father God but through me ``

So Jesus to is a myth. Thank you.

Old 12-27-2015, 04:22 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,215,346 times
I was expecting a comprehensive comparison between the 2 Voltrons. I am disappoint.

Old 12-27-2015, 04:57 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
I was expecting a comprehensive comparison between the 2 Voltrons. I am disappoint.
I thought it was going to be one of those 70s jokes. You know, like "What's the difference between ignorance and apathy" or "What's the difference between a blonde and an ironing board" or something.

Old 12-27-2015, 05:16 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,369,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post

There ya go.

For the record, the old one's better.

Samson is a Hebrew Nazirite who had spiritual power of great strength as a result of keeping his hair long. Heracles was a half-god.

Red dragon was a red dragon. Typhon looks nothing similar, he more often is half-human/half-monster with snake lower body.

Talking snakes are talking snakes. Nagas are half-human, and sometimes guard temples.

New Jerusalem is the city to come for the Jews/Christians. Saubha was a floating city that was overthrown by Krishna.

What you are describing is tropes. Common threads in mythology. But they fit together differently, because they are different things.

Old 12-27-2015, 06:06 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,538,761 times
I don't know the answer to the OP's question, but it sounds like a kick-donkey video game! Does it include Ahnold Schwarzenegger as a general?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality