Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 09:00 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
By the fourth date?

I have more self respect than that.
You equate your self worth with whether or not you have sex. Others do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 09:45 PM

11,025 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyl3r View Post
Yeah, you're probably right.
I guess I'd be afraid of the damage I might do to the relationship by waiting 2 or 3 years before having sex. It seems to have worked well for you. In the few relationships I've been in, there seems to be a need for escalation to maintain a spark.
I wish this wasn't the case, but most people seem to just get bored and leave if you don't keep escalating what you're doing with them. (Not sure how this will workout in marriage )
Well, I can say that my marriage was damaged by being forced to wait until the wedding night. Ironical since we were getting married because she was already pregnant! I refused to desert my child that she was carrying and had to really push hard to convince her.

I am totally against this idea of no sex until marriage. But then I was slightly over sexed. Which might explain why I am now a great-grandfather!

Last edited by 303Guy; 12-30-2015 at 09:58 PM..

Old 12-31-2015, 12:44 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Great answer.

It seems the repressed want to tell us that waiting a longer period before being sexually intimate is somehow a virtue.

If your lifestyles are compatible, if you're points of view on the world is compatible, and if you connect intellectually, why should you not be connecting physically.? Both parties will know in a relatively short period time if they seem to agree on those first issues, and as we are all adults, I certainly see no reason to hold back on being sexually involved earlier rather than later.

Now if I don't connect with you intellectually, we're not going to be intimate.

Old 12-31-2015, 01:33 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,369,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
When I was young I had the same question.
I resolved that God's approval is more important to me,
I stayed a virgin till I was married.
I have far less to loose, serving God, than taking the chance serving self, an loosing eternally.
on the other side of that . some one that does not value them self ,gives them self to any thing, like a test tube ,only a test tube can be washed and clean but a person once contaminated, has nothing to offer some one of value.
With me, I think it has less to do with moral law, and more do with trust. I figure I only want to have sex with someone (whether we have children or not, there is a risk of STDs) if I know we won't break up a week later. If we're married, it tells me we're committed to each other.

Old 12-31-2015, 01:35 AM

67 posts, read 46,297 times
Surely you should get to know everything about each other before embarking on marriage, and sex is one of those things. It is crazy to leave it until you marry and then find you are compatible in that area. We were pleased our two married girls lived with their partners for a couple of years first before they married. They knew what they were taking on, one has been married nearly 18 years the other 16, which is pretty good going these days.

Old 12-31-2015, 06:33 AM

1,333 posts, read 883,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Well, I can say that my marriage was damaged by being forced to wait until the wedding night. Ironical since we were getting married because she was already pregnant! I refused to desert my child that she was carrying and had to really push hard to convince her.

I am totally against this idea of no sex until marriage. But then I was slightly over sexed. Which might explain why I am now a great-grandfather!
This is sort of confusing :P
Your marriage was damaged by not having sex, but you rushed into the marriage because she was pregnant with your child?

Old 12-31-2015, 07:00 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,081,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Worth does not equal respect.

I highly doubt that it would only take three dates to know enough about a person to be intimate with them. I don't place physical gratification so high that it is before a deep understanding of another human being.

It's the modern attitude that sex is the pinnacle of a relationship that causes many of societies issues: stds, unwanted pregnancy, abortion, domestic violence, divorce, to just name a few.

Four dates, being generous with time that's sixteen to twenty hours of knowing someone and you think it's normal to be having sex? That is equivalent to being on a job for three days and being ready to sleep with a coworker.

Old 12-31-2015, 07:05 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,081,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Great answer.

It seems the repressed want to tell us that waiting a longer period before being sexually intimate is somehow a virtue.

If your lifestyles are compatible, if you're points of view on the world is compatible, and if you connect intellectually, why should you not be connecting physically.? Both parties will know in a relatively short period time if they seem to agree on those first issues, and as we are all adults, I certainly see no reason to hold back on being sexually involved earlier rather than later.

Now if I don't connect with you intellectually, we're not going to be intimate.
Terrible answer, actually.

Having self respect doesn't make one repressed. That is the misogynistic cry of the rejected male.

I agree that if you connect that a physical step is a healthy part of a relationship. However, three dates as a rule of measure for intimacy is a joke. See my previous post on thoughts about that.

Old 12-31-2015, 07:17 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
No sex no marriage. Why would I wait to have sex with someone & then find out that they are boring in the bedroom? I don't see the point in this, it's like buying a car & not driving it before hand. Maybe this is why you see so many people in the church whose divorced.

Old 12-31-2015, 07:22 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

Sex was given to Adam and Eve -- it draws a couple together and it bonds them, in addition to procreation. So, it's to be done within the confines of marriage, nowhere else.

They weren't married I doubt they had sex while in the garden they did know what it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality